Conor McGregor v. Floyd Mayweather Pressers (Discussion) July 11-14 LA / Toronto / Brooklyn / London

the fuck are you talking about? yes it does in europe. yes, people care what "fuckin words you use to insult black people." YOU don't.

people like you are pissed off because you don't like having your old ass ways challenged. "wahhh everyone is so sensitive today why cant i just stereotype and use racial slurs like me and my grand dad used to!! i have a black friend i dont mean it!!!"

man people say stupid shit. it should not offend you that people don't think people should use racial slurs or attack ethnicities with terms that have racial connotations. if you do get offended, it's probably because you're one of those jackasses that uses them.
Lol stfu boy

Im getting the feeling that Conors trash talk is having the opposite effect on Floyd that it did on his UFC opponents; it's building his confidence

there's something unshakable about Floyd..he's been here before

If Conor re-ignites Floyd's fire and they have a good fight, Conor should be loved by boxing fans

I think he thinks the crowd was racist towards mayweather because there arent many black people in Toronto.. or something..

(because places with a low black or other ethnic population are racist apparently)

I think he thinks the crowd was racist towards mayweather because there arent many black people in Toronto.. or something..

(because places with a low black or other ethnic population are racist apparently)

no, what i mean is that a crowd full of white people is going to side with the white dude. hence why connor did so well in this press conference and the crowd had no problem yelling "fuck the mayweathers" with him or laughing when he said he looked like a breakdancer. that's why white fighters are more popular in countries with a higher population of white people. why would that not be true for press conferences?

is this really new to you guys? and why does this offend so many of you lmao. haven't seen so many people get so threatened so quickly as soon as talk of race pops up.

fwiw, i'm a white canadian.

I live in Toronto, there are a lot of black and blackish (non-African, Sri-Lanka, etc.) people. We are about as not white as London.

the fuck are you talking about? yes it does in europe. yes, people care what "fuckin words you use to insult black people." YOU don't.

people like you are pissed off because you don't like having your old ass ways challenged. "wahhh everyone is so sensitive today why cant i just stereotype and use racial slurs like me and my grand dad used to!! i have a black friend i dont mean it!!!"

man people say stupid shit. it should not offend you that people don't think people should use racial slurs or attack ethnicities with terms that have racial connotations. if you do get offended, it's probably because you're one of those jackasses that uses them.

no it doesnt.

in europe when you call someone boy, or kid, you are being patronising. you are basically saying they are a child and below you, its like saying to them that you are their daddy..

stfu boy, go to bed boy, its "i am the adult do as i say"

I had never even heard until today that "boy" could even be considered racist, like most europeans here, on twitter etc this came as news to us.

I would have stopped that, clear Mayweather wasnt intelligently defending himself

What on Earth was he planning whipping out an Irish flag? Can't say shit so he wants to incite a war of nations on stage?

Conor the hero? What the fuck?
Ahhhhhh.....have you heard the crowds?????

Anti Hero/Hero is decided by who the fans cheer for. It was a 99/1 split today and 80/20 yesterday. You may hate Conor but he is the people's hero and everyone hates Floyd, and he know that and that's why he plays heel.

DEktdvDW0AEU8-3.jpg

no it doesnt.

in europe when you call someone boy, or kid, you are being patronising. you are basically saying they are a child and below you, its like saying to them that you are their daddy..

I had never even heard until today that "boy" could even be considered racist, like most europeans here, on twitter etc this came as news to us.

if you call another EUROPEAN a boy, you are being patronizing. what do we know about the people who are being called "boy" in europe? they're very, very likely white.

what do we know about how black people were treated by europeans in the settlement years? well, they were looked at as below them. like the white people were their daddies. so by that definition, no fucking shit "boy" is considered racist when white europeans (don't forget where north americans descended from) used it against them.

he was not calling another white european boy. don't be stupid.

no, what i mean is that a crowd full of white people is going to side with the white dude.

fwiw, i'm a white canadian.

so you are basically saying the crowd was racist.

they sided with McGregor because he was the same ethnicity as them

if you call another EUROPEAN a boy, you are being patronizing. what do we know about the people who are being called "boy" in europe? they are white. when a black person calls another black person the n word, they are being patronizing. do you think that means a white person could do the same? do you not understand how there are differences?

he was not calling another white european boy. don't be stupid.

but, prior to today, if i was to visit america, and wanted to be patronising to someone, i still would have used the phrase "boy", be they white, black, asian, hispanic, or martian...

However, today I have learnt its offensive to call a black person "boy" (in the US)

so obviously tomorrow, if i was to visit america and wanted to be patronising to someone who happened to be black, thats a word I would avoid.

but had i visited the US yesterday and wanted to patronise a black person, i would have used the word "boy" completely oblivious to the fact I could be causing offence

what do we know about the people who are being called "boy" in europe? they are white. he was not calling another white european boy. .

you think all europeans are white?

wtf. Do you actually leave your house at any point?

dude, the way you are talking - all white audience side with the white person - all people in europe are white etc - sounds to me like you are desperately accusing everyone else of racism to try and cover up the fact that underneath, you are very possibly racist.

no it doesnt.

The term boy that is directed towards a black man has a deep and negative history within the US. It's simply not used in our lexicon towards a black person

Granted I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he was oblivious to it but I'm positive that he won't be saying it again because somebody surely told him do not call Floyd a boy again.

The term boy that is directed towards a black man has a deep and negative history within the US. It's simply not used in our lexicon towards a black person

Granted I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he was oblivious to it but I'm positive that he won't be saying it again because somebody surely told him do not call Floyd a boy again.
exactly..

if he didnt know when he said it its entirely excusable

if hes now been made aware and did it in the future, it wouldnt be excusable

Probably the best press conference ive seen in a long time. Conor was very funny and Floyd really embraces the heel and is virtually unshakable. Both had cringe moments for sure but I found it extremely entertaining,

you think all europeans are white?

wtf. Do you actually leave your house at any point?

of the 750m europeans, only 8m are black. the racial connotations of "boy" and "dance for me" started when white europen descendants (in this particular instances, the ones that became slave owners) would command their slaves to dance for them, literally saying "dance for me, boy." they were called boy very much so because of the explanation above of being patronizing. difference here is that they were patronizing their slaves.

does this mean that i, or really anyone thinks that connor is part of the KKK? no, not at all. but it's a stupid thing to say to a black person and it's even stupider than an audience full of white people went crazy for it. mix in how defensive y'all get when the conversation only slightly pops up and it's just embarrassing

anyway, that's all i care to say about that. it was a good press conference and i don't think the comment overshadowed any of it.. just crazy to me how people react to it being brought up. don't be so threatened by conversations about race.

Back