My Gun Store Experiences

He'd have to kick in something extra. :cool:

img_7127.jpg

I was trying to find a price on the uzi you have but the models/makes and whatnot had prices all over.

Those legions are pretty spendy. Most retail stores from what I've seen have them around $1179-1239.

The ugly new versions of the Uzi are about 1k that I see. The originals look to be $1200 and up. Here's a new Legion for $949 that has already ended once with no takers. So my thinking was it's the equivalent of the new Uzi and therefore of slightly less value than the Action Arms version.

The ugly new versions of the Uzi are about 1k that I see. The originals look to be $1200 and up. Here's a new Legion for $949 that has already ended once with no takers. So my thinking was it's the equivalent of the new Uzi and therefore of slightly less value than the Action Arms version.

Surprised to see that Legion end at that amount. I've periodically looked at them and that would be one of the cheapest I've seen.

Surprised to see that Legion end at that amount. I've periodically looked at them and that would be one of the cheapest I've seen.

With all the handgun rebates and AR's at historically low prices maybe that's affecting the higher end sales.

I think @Roaming East could get this deal done by tossing in a streamlight.

<Moves>

With all the handgun rebates and AR's at historically low prices maybe that's affecting the higher end sales.

I think @Roaming East could get this deal done by tossing in a streamlight.

<Moves>
I think that store has that legion posted so low expecting a strong bidding war, if you wait until the last 20 minutes or so of the auction you can probably steal that for minimum bid. That's how I got my 226 Extreme for like 815.

I think that store has that legion posted so low expecting a strong bidding war, if you wait until the last 20 minutes or so of the auction you can probably steal that for minimum bid. That's how I got my 226 Extreme for like 815.

I'm currently cash-poor and just charged up $500 for a VP9 (to take advantage of the four mag manufacturer's rebate). :(

9-Gun Sales Take Time. Dont Come In 10 Minutes Before We Close: Yeah, so this happened last night. We close up shop at 9:30 so we can clean the store and punch out by 10:00. Young couple comes in at 9'ish to check some stuff out. No biggie. The gentleman is trying to size up his wife for a shotgun for waterfowl and so we are letting her hold and swing some of our stock to get her in the mind of what she wants. by about 9:15 the guy is like, 'yeah we'll take that SX4 compact. Im about to weigh whether or not i want to go through with the sale this close to my shut down time when he also says "and get me that Browning A5 too" well for 3000 grand worth of shotgun, i can certainly stay a LITTLE later....

Moral of the story is that i would have told them to come back tomorrow if the guy hadnt happened to be a big spender. But he was, so he got some nice toys to take home that night. I also didnt get home til 10:40 so yeah...

10-Gun stores dont do 'Returns'...: yeah, i dont know how many times ive had a guy buy something from us, then come back a few days later and try to return the firearm. Thats not how any of that works. When that gun leaves our hands, that Serial number is tied to you, and we cant just 'transfer' it back to ourselves. Not easily anyway and we dont like doing the paper work on your impulse buy regrets. Now if your firearm BROKE, we will most certainly act as the middle man between you and the manufacturer and take care of all the shipping and transferring of products to and from the company. But a surprising amount of people are surprised when we sell them a gun, they have a grand ole time at the range, and then try to bring it back. Like really? we can tell you fired it. And even if you hadnt...Research people. gun buying should be a thing you do following lots of research, im sorry you thought a Desert Eagle looked swagilicious and it wasnt until you got home you discovered its ammo is rare and expensive, its heavy as fuck and cant be concealed by anybody on the planet. Better luck next time. Ill buy it back at half cost though if you really want to get rid of it.

im sorry you thought a Desert Eagle looked swagilicious and it wasnt until you got home you discovered its ammo is rare and expensive, its heavy as fuck and cant be concealed by anybody on the planet. Better luck next time.

<{anton}>

Lmao.

Do you have a sign that says no sales after ____ ?

I saw this guy that bought a bunch of .38 super ammo thinking it was .38 special and the guy was pissed they wouldn't let him return it the following day. Eventually a couple other employees came over and one offered him what he would pay for it through the store with his discount and also offered him a discount on 38 special. So all was well but I still thought it was funny.

The store I do my transfers at had a used 4" 500 s&w one time that had 1 round through it lol. Guy bought it, came back a week later and traded down for something else lmao.

<{anton}>

Lmao.

Do you have a sign that says no sales after ____ ?

I saw this guy that bought a bunch of .38 super ammo thinking it was .38 special and the guy was pissed they wouldn't let him return it the following day. Eventually a couple other employees came over and one offered him what he would pay for it through the store with his discount and also offered him a discount on 38 special. So all was well but I still thought it was funny.

The store I do my transfers at had a used 4" 500 s&w one time that had 1 round through it lol. Guy bought it, came back a week later and traded down for something else lmao.
yep. multiple signs all over the gun counters and walls and the last one on the register facing the customer that say all ammo and gun sales final

yep. multiple signs all over the gun counters and walls and the last one on the register facing the customer that say all ammo and gun sales final

Do you sell quality scopes?

Specifically Vortex Razor HD ii 4.5-27x56 ebr-2c mrad?

Do you sell quality scopes?

Specifically Vortex Razor HD ii 4.5-27x56 ebr-2c mrad?
we do, matter of fact, i know we got the 6x24 out because it looks ridiculous and i sold a Sparc II not too long ago although that little fella is at the low end of the Vortex line. not everyone has Burris money and the Sparc is great if you dont need magnification

Been awhile, so lets add another one that has been coming up a bit

11- Manufacturer Rebates are Done Through the Manufacturer : So around this time of year, the Big Hunt companies offer really good rebates as incentive to buy and of course we advertise said rebates. This does not mean that when 2 weeks elapse from your purchase, to call US and demand your money. Again, thats not how that works. Got a problem with your rebate (they take like 12 weeks)? call the gun company.

we do, matter of fact, i know we got the 6x24 out because it looks ridiculous and i sold a Sparc II not too long ago although that little fella is at the low end of the Vortex line. not everyone has Burris money and the Sparc is great if you dont need magnification

Best price on the optic I mentioned?

pretty positive its about 2,600. id have to check when i go in tomorrow but if i remember, its in our lock case and sits AT LEAST 2500 bucks

Alright. Yeah I intend on purchasing it. I've seen it for 2k and hope it goes to that or less on black Friday/cyber monday.

Thank you for the detailed insight, it was a good read.
Do you hit up the SHOT show on the regular?

Thank you for the detailed insight, it was a good read.
Do you hit up the SHOT show on the regular?
went to the 2014 and 15 show. its really not as epic as you'd think. a lot of reinventing the wheel and slick marketing. once youve seen one custom AR, you've seen em all and listening to PR guy #123 talk about what makes THEIR AR-15 different and more awesomer than the other 500 billion clones gets weary. the free swag is cool though.
i actually liked the knives and various tactical gear more than anything else. I always grab some 5.11 stuff when i go. dem taclite pro pants fo sho'

As some of you know, i work at gun store here in the South Eastern US. Its an interesting job that allows me to meet some pretty interesting cats, play with some pretty interesting toys, and of course gets me sweet sweet deals on guns id otherwise never have the cash to get. so lets just talk about the job eh

Do you know the dealer price for the Silencerco Maxim 9?

Back