Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious questiom here. Wtf is with HBOs budget with the series? Doesnt this show make more than enough money? Why do they have to cut back on the cgi?

No ad revenue which means they are limited to making money on subscriptions and selling to international markets.

I assume those markets also show it ad free.

Yeah. To be honest, the fact he was fighting as well as he was on the boat up to that point was kind of surprising/impressive.

Ducked the big matchup though. Seeing him starting to do the Reek twitch was unsettling.

I'm starting to think the Reek twitch may have been a bluff.

He was in a know win situation and did the twitch so Euron won't see Him coming back after him in the near future.

Last edited:
Jon has learned to rule and he's good at it, by Sansa's own admission.

Jon earned more loyalty by having young Alyss Karstark and Ned Umber swear fealty to him in the way that he did rather than by Sansa's path. You could hear the lords present that they approved of what he was doing and the way that he did it. And he's leaving Sansa in charge, the sister who openly disagrees with much of what he says, publicly placing trust in her. He's the King that earns loyalty.

And he doesn't need to be told what's best for the realms. He's the only one who knows the true danger of what's north of the Wall - an existential threat to humanity that requires the unity of Man, not just the North. That's the entire plot of the series, not just a localized conflict. People need to to buy what he's slinging, he doesn't need to buy their petty squabbles.

Also Nedd played with LF in Kings Landing which is a completely different world than The North, especially a United North.

Direwolves really took a backseat in the show. They really don't even matter.

So Dany does Zero reconnaissance and left her fleet without doing any surveillance?

So Dany does Zero reconnaissance and left her fleet without doing any surveillance?

I don't think anyone recons in this show lol. The Knights of the Vale made it all the way to Winterfell without being spotted last season.

That would fall on Theon's dyke sister imo.

The Ironborn are the only people on Dany's side who have experience with naval warfare and their uncle's intentions.

I think they all die in the end. Except for Sam. We'll see Sam as an old man writing A Song of Ice and Fire in The Citadel.

I would like for all the power hungry fucks in this story to get their comeuppance in the end, including lizard girl.

This is why I rep the Starks, because they've only been trying to survive this whole time. Ideally they will, while all the other players run their shit into the ground trying to snatch power, making the Starks the only winners in this story.

D&D just love to ruin all the best redemption arcs from the source material i guess

& why is Arya turning around? there is no character consistency there

I would like for all the power hungry fucks in this story to get their comeuppance in the end, including lizard girl.

This is why I rep the Starks, because they've only been trying to survive this whole time. Ideally they will, while all the other players run their shit into the ground trying to snatch power, making the Starks the only winners in this story.

havent you been playing attention? there are no winners, some of them just lose faster

People say it was really out of left field that Dany would call Varys out at that stage in the game, but I think it seemed pretty reasonable. She was probably harboring that ill will in spite of Varys' alliance-building and Varys gave her the opening when he did the whole, "even before you arrived the great Lords of Westeros were plotting Cersei's demise and.." Dany sensed the bullshit- had heard Ellirio say the same things to Viserys.

havent you been playing attention? there are no winners, some of them just lose faster

Starks aren't playing the same game as these other dorks though.

They've been in the gutter since season 1. If their bloodline endures, they win.

Giants wolves don't put asses in the seats like dragons I guess.

Nymeria had the right idea. Say what's up and then get back to chilling with the pack. Hanging with the Starks has been a recipe for disaster for the direwolves.

Nymeria had the right idea. Say what's up and then get back to chilling with the pack. Hanging with the Starks has been a recipe for disaster for the direwolves.

Yeah I was honestly kinda glad she left for that exact reason.

Nymeria is now an alpha direwolf, she runs the place, why would she change that only to be back at the service of Arya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back