Law Affirmative Action Abolished: U.S Supreme Court Outlaws Racial Discrimination In College Admissions.

It always amuses me when the people who cries "Racists!" at every opportunity are the same people who wants to institutionalize racism.

Class-based AA = Good.
Race-based AA = Bad.
Didn't minorities perform better after California got rid of AA anyways?

Race based AA in college seems to be pointless, it only leads to higher dropout rates on minorities and a stigma against minorities that succeed.

Source? And I said white men. AA certainly doesn't help white men. White men are the boogymen and why AA was devised.

AA was devised to combat racist hiring and college acceptance practices.

AA isn't close to being perfect and I am good with getting rid of it as long as a more effective measure is put in its place.

Didn't minorities perform better after California got rid of AA anyways?

"Minorities" is such a loaded word now, I feel like I should ask which group it includes in a particular discussion before engaging.

If "Minorities" is to understood to include Asian-Americans, the smallest of the big 3 minority groups in America, then yes, CA college admission records shows "Minorities" are doing VERY well compare to their White peers after Affirmative Action as well as Legacy Admission were banned.

If "Minorities" is used as a euphemism for Hispanics and Black only (like how CA Democrats often do, even though the Hispanic population have reached a Plurity with Whites in the Golden State), then their admission level dropped compare to "other groups" (which is euphemism for Whites + Asians), after skin-color is no longer being judged in college admission in California.

Last edited:
I don't like AA on a philosophical level. People should be judged as individuals whenever possible and not as a group

Judge people on their actions and content of their character

"Minorities" is such a loaded word now, I feel like I should ask which group it includes in a particular discussion before engaging.

If "Minorities" is to understood to include Asian-Americans, the smallest of the big 3 minority groups in America, then yes, CA college admission records shows "Minorities" are doing VERY well compare to their White peers.

If "Minorities" is used as a euphemism for Hispanics and Black only (like how CA Democrats often do, even though the Hispanic population have reached a Plurity with Whites in the Golden State), then their admission level dropped compare to "other groups" (which is euphemism for Whites + Asians), after skin-color is no longer being judged in college admission in California.
Yeah, I forgot to add that in, meaning blacks and Hispanics, not in the actual sense of the word.

Source? And I said white men. AA certainly doesn't help white men. White men are the boogymen and why AA was devised.

Women also get AA. There are more White women than there are Black people.
Hispanics get AA , and many of them are White.
White Hispanic men get AA.

AA was devised to combat racist hiring and college acceptance practices.

AA isn't close to being perfect and I am good with getting rid of it as long as a more effective measure is put in its place.

AA was devised to close the merit gap. Some cultures are better at placing a value on hard work and education. So something had to be done to reward laziness and punish responsibility.

Yeah, I forgot to add that in, meaning blacks and Hispanics, not in the actual sense of the word.

See? Leftist euphemism is like a fucking disease, man. It creeps up on you, and if you're against that disease, then you're against "progress".

With community outreach programs in place, Hispanic and Black college admission are steadly recovering since their massive drop after AA was banned, and the QUALITY of those students are better than ever:

“Prop. 209 was arguably the best thing that ever happened to the experience of racial minorities at the University of California,” argued Richard Sander, a UCLA law professor.

He said his own studies show that the initiative pushed UC to help boost the academic preparation of minority students, who now boast higher college graduation rates than those admitted under affirmative action.

One recruiting ground for promising minority students is Washington Prep, a campus in the high-crime, low-income Westmont neighborhood. The UCLA Black Male Institute sends mentors there weekly to meet with the best and the brightest among the school’s mostly Latino and African American students, who still tend to struggle with English and math.

“You wouldn’t have been identified to be here if someone didn’t see your college potential,” Tyrone Howard, the institute’s founder and a UCLA education professor told about a dozen students during a recent visit. “There is no limit to how far you can go.”

Joseph Diaz, a UCLA student mentor and biology major, taught Washington Prep sophomore Robert Couch how to organize his time by making a chart of classes, assignments and deadlines. He said it can be helpful to read textbook chapter summaries before tackling the chapters themselves.

Robert credited Diaz with helping him earn an A in his advanced placement biology class. Now the confident 16-year-old dreams of studying biochemical engineering, maybe at UCLA.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ucla-diversity-20160620-snap-story.html

They still have a long way to go to catch up with them brainy Asians though, who are yet again conspicuously absent in this new round of "Minority" debate between California leaders.

They are making it harder, and harder for Asians to succeed in America. Society sets Asians on a higher standard than the rest of the minorities, even higher than the majority "Whites". The American dream is easier to achieve if you're not Asian. America and the West is Anti-Asian.

Asia is anti-everything.

Women also get AA. There are more White women than there are Black people.
Hispanics get AA , and many of them are White.
White Hispanic men get AA.

Being black is weighted much higher than being a white woman in admissions. You know this.

White hispanics? LOL.

whiteor.jpg

tumblr_mucoe8zddc1sr92d8o2_500.jpg

These guys need to check their white male privilege!!!

AA isn't exclusively race based.

That's like saying AA is only 75% racist.

Racism, no matter which racial group it favors/punish, has no place in the school admission process, period.

To support affirmative action is to take the position that racism is not inherently bad.

That's like saying AA is only 75% racist.

Racism, no matter which racial group it favors/punish, has no place in the school admission process, period.
It's not 75% racist when most of the beneficieries are not even racial minorities. Hispanics outnumber Blacks, and Hispanics can be of any race, so it is misleading to say AA is racist. Race is a factor but too is gender .

Why does everyone focus on race and ignore gender, and ignore that some White people also get AA.

It's not 75% racist when most of the beneficieries are not even racial minorities. Hispanics outnumber Blacks, and Hispanics can be of any race, so it is misleading to say AA is racist. Race is a factor but too is gender .

Why does everyone focus on race and ignore gender, and ignore that some White people also get AA.

Thankfully, we no longer have to deal with ANY racist parts of AA in California.

The rest of you needs to catch up.

Back