General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

19990317_10159221153270160_2903684767605734693_n.jpg

20106251_10159221153230160_7497223841155215254_n.jpg

Picked up a Xbox with these games and like 10 dvds for like $50 at a pawn america last weekend. Love the original Xbox and it works perfectly and also came with the smaller controller not the duke.

Dare Mirra 2 was one of my favorite games on the gamecube when i was younger, still fun to play.

This system looks totally decent on an HD television if you use a component cable. There are quite a few games that run at 720p too.

Got a PS3 recently also.

Now own a gaming PC, Xbox One, Xbox and PS3. with over 80 physical discs (95% Xbox One atm)

Plan to add a PSx, Gamecube and 360 (preferably the Gears 3 edition which i saw for $70 at my local pawn shop)

I never played the Trespasser DLC for DA: Inquisition. Figured it was time. I got to admit, though, I'm almost wishing that I had just used a 3-year-old save instead of starting a fresh play through. Game is just a bit long, especially since I've already finished it twice. Even with some of the trials enabled to make enemies tougher, it occasionally feels like a bit of a slog.

Guys how far as VR gaming come in the last year and when will everyone be playing VR games...

Ive heard very little discussion on the subject.

Got a PS3 recently also.

Now own a gaming PC, Xbox One, Xbox and PS3. with over 80 physical discs (95% Xbox One atm)

Plan to add a PSx, Gamecube and 360 (preferably the Gears 3 edition which i saw for $70 at my local pawn shop)

re: PS3, you can play PS1 games on them all but 1 or 2 versions (first 1-2 versions you could play PS2 on them)

Guys how far as VR gaming come in the last year and when will everyone be playing VR games...

Ive heard very little discussion on the subject.

Seems like they still haven't figured out how to solve the problems with it yet. Mostly motion sickness from various genres that are popular now. They need to change games from the ground up but they can't do that when so few people have VR yet. So things have stalled a bit. The new consoles coming out should help with framerates, apparently you need ~90fps to not feel sick.

Never expected there to be a QUBE sequel. It was a good game but I figured it went under the radar. This one looks interesting. PC, PS4, X1.

Hotline Miami 2

Played it a bit when it first came out. Gave up about four levels in. Started it up again. Now I know why I gave up. These levels are stupid big, and doesn't really lend itself to the tight formula that made up the first game. Every level, you are relying on the "long view", and creeping around, just praying that some random enemy you couldn't see, doesn't sneak up on you.

It's still fun though, all in all. The soundtrack kicks all sorts of ass, the story is fun, and the gameplay mostly holds up. It's the almost too ambitious level design, and cheap as fuck deaths, that really hurt it. It's a game that wanted to evolve, without evolving in the appropriate areas, if that makes any sense. It wanted to make everything bigger and better, but the overall retro design didn't accommodate it too well.

Starcraft Remastered just released on Blizzard app. So many nerds getting some nostalgia.

I can't wait to play the Skaven so I can wipe out the elves. <{JustBleed}>

Started Agents of Mayhem today on Xbox

Been a good bit of fun so far, I like the idea of having different super heroes with strengths and weaknesses to swap between

Seems like a game that would have taken full advantage of co op shame it doesn't offer it

I can't wait to play the Skaven so I can wipe out the elves. <{JustBleed}>

Oh shit

Skaven are my favs. If they're incoming imma have to jump in and buy the game

Oh shit

Skaven are my favs. If they're incoming imma have to jump in and buy the game
A couple gameplay videos of them in action

Should be a fun faction to play

Shenmue 3 made an appearance at Gamescon this year, with a trailer and some interviews and info from Yu Suzuki.

Famitso interview translation:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/translationinterview-with-yu-suzuki.html
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/translationinterview-with-yu-suzuki.html

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/shenmue-...dels-mostly-temporary-says-director-yu-suzuki
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/shenmue-...dels-mostly-temporary-says-director-yu-suzuki
- Deep Silver will publish the game internationally.
- Character models in trailer are unfinished.
- Able to aim higher due to support from Deep Silver, but results in delays
- Lots of tidbits about mini-games, QTEs and other small things.
- Game is still in early development but in full production

Does anyone know if Hellbalde will be coming to Xbox One or should i just pick this up on PC?

When i looked it up i couldnt seem to find a definitive yes or no.

Back