Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I had an absurd game as Winston the other week. I had gold damage, gold elims(79), gold objective time, gold objective elims. For the instalock dps players amongst us, your Winston should never have gold damage or gold elims.
This is so true and frustrating. I get gold eliminations almost Everytime I tank, especially with dva and Winston. I look at the cards at the end of the match and I see that maybe 1 out 3 of our dps even made bronze medal, and two of them didn't medal at all on elims. And this is very typical.

How the fuck am I out killing solider/tracer/reaper/junk/genji while playing Orissa/rein/zarya/Lucio. This shouldn't happen..... Ever

Outkilling is easy.. you're tagging everything and probably not dying as much, if at all. I can rack up gold kill counts with ease as Rein and Dva.

Now if you're gold elims and gold damage there's a problem. Hell, just gold damage as a tank or healer is a problem with dps.

I was playing a game where we lost the first round and two people were fighting over who gets to play genji the second round. Then a third person who wasn't even on the mic, turns his mic on and says... " Their whole team counters Genji, why the fuck are you fighting over who plays him?"

I lol'd so hard

Outkilling is easy.. you're tagging everything and probably not dying as much, if at all. I can rack up gold kill counts with ease as Rein and Dva.

Now if you're gold elims and gold damage there's a problem. Hell, just gold damage as a tank or healer is a problem with dps.
It shouldn't be though. If I am dps and rien or Orissa out kill me, I am ashamed of my performance. Rien should never out kill a soldier or a Genji, that's just crazy.

Dva ok maybe, but when I play dva I have many jobs. Kill, tank, block damage and pushing the objective. Dps basically has one job, and they shouldn't be doing worse at that one job than someone else who has to do multiple functions and doesn't have the luxury of focusing on elims only.

New Team Deathmatch and Free For All Team Deathmatch. The map looks awesome and I've been wanting Deathmatch mode for awhile now. I think it'll be fun. It'll start on the Arcade but if it's a success Jeff Kaplan said they'd consider it for competitive. Similar to what the plans were for Capture the Flag but they ran into too many issues to make it competitive and kept it in the Arcade. Can't wait to try.

Buffs Added to PTR:

Roadhog- Now has full movement speed while using Take a Breather, also takes 50% less damage while healing. Makes him feel more like an actual tank instead of a DPS with a fuck ton of health. Greatly increases his survivability. Damage still sucks though.

Junkrat- Now has 2 charges of concussion mine at a time. When timed correctly says there's even potential to get 3 off back to back to back. Nice. Also, Riptire has movement speed increased by 30% and increased fluidity going up walls.

Widowmaker- Venom Mine now causes Widowmaker (her only) to be able to see enemies through walls when tripping the mine. Also, her grapple hook has cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 seconds. Pretty good buffs for her imo.

Orisa- Projectile Speed increased by 20% and Shield Size increased by 20%. The shape of her shield has also been changed which makes it easier to get behind without taking damage. Her shield looks big as fuck now. Similar to Reinhardt's. Big buff for her.

Buffs Added to PTR:

Roadhog- Now has full movement speed while using Take a Breather, also takes 50% less damage while healing. Makes him feel more like an actual tank instead of a DPS with a fuck ton of health. Greatly increases his survivability. Damage still sucks though.

Junkrat- Now has 2 charges of concussion mine at a time. When timed correctly says there's even potential to get 3 off back to back to back. Nice. Also, Riptire has movement speed increased by 30% and increased fluidity going up walls.

Widowmaker- Venom Mine now causes Widowmaker (her only) to be able to see enemies through walls when tripping the mine. Also, her grapple hook has cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 seconds. Pretty good buffs for her imo.

Orisa- Projectile Speed increased by 20% and Shield Size increased by 20%. The shape of her shield has also been changed which makes it easier to get behind without taking damage. Her shield looks big as fuck now. Similar to Reinhardt's. Big buff for her.

Hmm. Pretty interesting buffs all things considered.

I don't look forward to having to be on the lookout for flying Junkrats. The lowered cool down on Widows hook is going to make it a lot harder to dive her with Winston/D'va, neither do enough damage(D'va might if you hit majority headshots) to kill her before her hook us off cool down.

I don't think the Roadhog buffs make him any more viable, but we'll see. When he's not healing he's still a giant ult battery for dps.

Hmm. Pretty interesting buffs all things considered.

I don't look forward to having to be on the lookout for flying Junkrats. The lowered cool down on Widows hook is going to make it a lot harder to dive her with Winston/D'va, neither do enough damage(D'va might if you hit majority headshots) to kill her before her hook us off cool down.

I don't think the Roadhog buffs make him any more viable, but we'll see. When he's not healing he's still a giant ult battery for dps.
Biggest thing for me is the Orisa buffs. I thought she was underrated before. She's actually quite a good tank in the right hands. These buffs make her way better though. That shield is huge. Its big enough to block off the entire front entrance to Lunar Colony first point. You put a bastion or a torb behind it and no one is taking that first point.

Now all Orisa needs is a buff to her basic movement speed.

Biggest thing for me is the Orisa buffs. I thought she was underrated before. She's actually quite a good tank in the right hands. These buffs make her way better though. That shield is huge. Its big enough to block off the entire front entrance to Lunar Colony first point. You put a bastion or a torb behind it and no one is taking that first point.

Now all Orisa needs is a buff to her basic movement speed.
Yeah her buffs sounded good. I hate the turret condom strategy and it sounds like it's going to get more popular. I like that they're upping her projectile speed I've always found it hard to land a lot of shots with her, and pretty much only her.

Yeah her buffs sounded good. I hate the turret condom strategy and it sounds like it's going to get more popular. I like that they're upping her projectile speed I've always found it hard to land a lot of shots with her, and pretty much only her.
You have to get used to how you have to trail her shots. This should help though. Her gun so strong at close range right now which kind of balances out the projectile trailing.

For all the Americans and British folk in this thread both teams are playing their World Cup qualifier matches this weekend.

People harp on junkrat but his damage is off the charts. Now with this buff he's going to be a real problem cause he'll keep escaping, jumping and flooding the battlefield with grenades.

People harp on junkrat but his damage is off the charts. Now with this buff he's going to be a real problem cause he'll keep escaping, jumping and flooding the battlefield with grenades.
This Junkrat change just makes D'va even more of a must pick. Zarya's pick rate will probably go up too. Having a Zarya that has an easy way to constantly be around 80 charge(at least) is a game changer.

They buffed Junkrat? WHY THE FUCK

Now he can throw two fucking bombs in your face in a row?

Stupid assholes.

Stupid assholes.

yesjacknicholson.gif

to all the idiots that gave me shit for picking him

Stupid assholes.

They reduced the damage of each one 25%, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Stupid assholes.

yesjacknicholson.gif

to all the idiots that gave me shit for picking him
The buff will just create more Pharah and D'va play. More Pharah play means more Pharmercy play. Which means even more boosted players that got to a rank they shouldn't be at it by being carried.

I don't know how many people in here have a had a team with 3, or more, Mercy mains on your team, but it's not a fun time.

Great Britain whooped Germany in World Cup, I thought it would be closer
Great Britain and the U.S are the two best teams in this Qualifier. I feel sorry for which ever one of them gets the South Koreans first at Blizzcon in November, which I think will be the Americans, unless Blizzard changes up the bracket.

I like these new Junkrat buffs. Not that I play him or anything but as one poster already mentioned. Going to lead to more Pharahs...which means I'm going to pick them off with Bastion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back