Josh Thomson did in 8 minutes what Conor couldn't do in 30.

Josh Thomson, a fighter that has never been known for his power, was able to not only stop Diaz, but get his corner to throw in the towel in under 3 rounds with strikes. Conor couldn't do this with 2 chances and over a half hour's worth of fighting. Yet we're led to believe Conor has "once in a lifetime" power. I don't get it. Conor has a strong left hand but nothing we haven't seen many times before. He's a great marketer but he's going to fall hard. And very soon...
I think so too, but dang, so did I right before the Aldo fight.

I don't like Conor but you're bringing up a fight 3 years before he fought Nate.

Thomson fought smart and didn't get sucked into the brawl Diaz wanted. He keep sticking and moving then Diaz started taunting him and got head kicked and finished

Nate on 2 occasions ducked into high kicks and the second hits him flush into the dome.

It is an error that could have landed him in much more trouble than just losing a fight, thankfully he suffered nothing more than a concussion (I assume).

Having said that Josh Thomson like his old oppenent Yves Edwards were 2 of the most underrated fighters to step into he octagon.

Conor attempted many headkicks and missed so........

330973-14929856179842455.jpg

Are we now denying that Conor has power?

Is this a thing?

Conor McGregor has only had 2 fights go to decision in his entire career. He has 19 wins by KO or TKO.

There are legitimate reasons to hate on Conor but he obviously hits hard, and denying that is both weird and petty.

True. But it's good to remind his fans of his true motives.

Fair enough, I think he is just caught up in the moment and riding the wave of momentum. People like him get super cocky because they set the success bar low and so, any type of prominent achievement would feel like a wild dream and that's why he is super confident. While fighters that had a pre-notion of greatness and grandiose experiencing a setback tends to destroy their confidence.

I say this because Nick Diaz mentioned how he already exceeded his own expectation and went farther than he could go.

Fair enough, I think he is just caught up in the moment and riding the wave of momentum. People like him get super cocky because they set the success bar low and so, any type of prominent achievement would feel like a wild dream and that's why he is super confident. While fighters that had a pre-notion of greatness and grandiose experiencing a setback tends to destroy their confidence.

I say this because Nick Diaz mentioned how he already exceeded his own expectation and went farther than he could go.
Yeah it kinda sucks as fans though. We wanna believe it's all mythological legendary success when really it's just a guy capitalizing on hype. Still though we might as well play our parts in the fiction. :).

Thomson has more power in his kicks than Conor has in his hands.

Shocked.

Are we now denying that Conor has power?

Is this a thing?

Conor McGregor has only had 2 fights go to decision in his entire career. He has 19 wins by KO or TKO.

There are legitimate reasons to hate on Conor but he obviously hits hard, and denying that is both weird and petty.
Nowhere did I deny he has power (see my strong left hand comment.) I'm just contesting the "godlike" power claim that's rampant around here.

Josh Thompson was a beast in his prime one of the most underrated LWs imo. He beat the shit out of Diaz and made it look fairly easy, and brutal. One of the only times I can remember a corner throwing in the towel, and I saw Fabio vs Maldonado live and that was a disturbing fight.

conor has other wins over legit comp

Holloway aldo alvarez

thomson retired now pretty sure
Of those I'll only really say Aldo is the only name on that list that he can count as elite

Holloway was way too green at the time conor met him; totally different outcome now at 145.

and Eddie gets murked by almost everyone.

Last edited:
You're comparing a punch to a head kick?

Really?

Josh Thompson was a beast in his prime one of the most underrated LWs imo. He beat the shit out of Diaz and made it look fairly easy, and brutal. One of the only times I can remember a corner throwing in the towel, and I saw Fabio vs Maldonado live and that was a disturbing fight.
Yeah it's a shame he doesn't get more recognition.

Kick him in the head? So what, Conor's kicks are more to set up distance , his body kicks are decent, but I've never seen him throw a decent roundhouse yet, it's not his style.

Back