• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

NSAC Approves 8oz Gloves Request

Now Conor is getting knocked out in the 4th, instead of the 6th

Definitely makes the fight more interesting, Conor in 2rnds.

icon_cheers.png
icon_cheers.png
icon_cheers.png

giphy.gif

{<Mcgoat}​

Last edited:
FYI: more than 45 out of Floyd's 49 fights were with 8oz gloves

Interesting. Floyd asked for 8oz because he's comfortable in them. Will this be a case of be careful what you ask for?

10 days out, can't wait

So about that article that said it wouldn't likely be approved...

Will it matter?
<OKC16>

{<Mcgoat}
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Guess it makes a finish one way or the other more likely. Slightly annoyed as I had bet on Mayweather to win by decision (seemed the best value odds tbf) and that is less likely now.

Unpopular opinion but I think it favors Floyd. It does increase Conor's chance to get a KO, but it also increases Floyd's chances to get a stoppage from accumulated damage (which is a more real chance than Conor's imo) and if it goes to a gritty decision then it's a moral victory for Conor win or lose.

It's more fun though so fuck it.

Interesting. Floyd asked for 8oz because he's comfortable in them. Will this be a case of be careful what you ask for?

10 days out, can't wait
From what I understand Mayweda didn't want horse hair or Mexican gloves and he wanted to fight at 154 for the 10oz gloves. He didn't change is mind until Conor called him a pussy for caring about the gloves.

Back