What has Trump done to you (Left WR Posters) personally through his legislation

Repealing Obamacare without another plan in place would lead to some of this. Obamacare doesn't benefit the Middle Class in any way, and it never has.

It may only marginally benefit the middle class, but it is disproportionately funded by the rich, not by the middle class. That's why repealing it would have those effects: it represented a larger proportional burden to the upper class.

You said Obama shifted the tax burden from the rich and onto the middle class, or rather that repeal of his policies would not do the opposite. That is demonstrably untrue.

It is also demonstrably true that Trump's policies would result in giant tax cuts for the rich and a mixed bag of tax hikes, tax cuts, and lost services to the middle class.

Practically, no. Proportionally, yes. That gets to the heart of the discussion: that nominal tax rates are secondary to their practical application in wealth distribution and revenue creation.

It's unarguable that repeal of the ACA benefits the rich and hurts the middle and lower class.

Combined with the increase on the top rate, this is what we get:

Average_Federal_Tax_Rates_Top_1_Percent-thumb-615x480-109671.png

Average federal tax rates actually paid by the top 1% are back to pre-Reagan levels. The ACA repeal plus proposed "reform" would bring them way down.

Except they care if other people want abortions, to marry someone of the same gender, or to smoke pot. Yet you aren't allowed to care about environmental impacts from removing regulations that exist because of how openly industry was polluting for profit.

Bro, if your house isn't on stilts because of rising seawater, why in the world would you care about global warming??

It makes no sense.

No, but I think there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of people with KKK-like beliefs that do make up his base.

There are people that believe anywhere from 99% to 1% of what the KKK believes, and those people all voted for Trump.

I think the racially charged rhetoric of not just this subforum, but Sherdog in general, is pretty good evidence of that.

The fringes on the right and left are horrible. There seems to be an equal amount of hate emanating from both sides. We can each use it to suit our narratives. I don't think that the majority of the left are antifa or that the majority of Trump voters are racist. Focusing on these fringes that hate will get us nowhere, but this is where we are.

The fringes on the right and left are horrible. There seems to be an equal amount of hate emanating from both sides. We can each use it to suit our narratives. I don't think that the majority of the left are antifa or that the majority of Trump voters are racist. Focusing on these fringes that hate will get us nowhere, but this is where we are.

You would be wrong

You said Obama shifted the tax burden from the rich and onto the middle class, or rather that repeal of his policies would not do the opposite. That is demonstrably untrue.

And completely indefensible. Not based on anything that actually happened. There were no middle-class tax increases under Obama, and there were tax increases on the rich. That's not a matter of opinion or political preference ("I'm an Episcopalian soooo..."). It's just a black-and-white fact.

More like:
Cancelling studies of health effects to people who live near mountain top coal removal sites.

Cancelling regulations that prevented mining waste from being dumped in streams

Cancelling regulations that protect for whales and sea turtles
The sea turtle thing has to be a personal shot at Mitch

He hasn't accomplished anything of note, which is reason enough to question his competence. Generally, though, he's so personally off putting that I have a very hard time viewing his actions objectively.

More like:
Cancelling studies of health effects to people who live near mountain top coal removal sites.

Cancelling regulations that prevented mining waste from being dumped in streams

Cancelling regulations that protect for whales and sea turtles

Newsflash: Coal dust is bad for you.

Nope, he literally just returned us to standing mining practice since the early 80's.

He stopped what was felt to be excess measures. He didn't repeal all protections on whales and sea turtles. That is just untrue Leftist Narrative striking yet again.

You would be wrong

So many coward racists on this very forum.

They use racist talking points, post racist memes, have racist jokes like "explosive and athletic", but they're not racists because they say they're not racists.

Reworking NAFTA was brought up tonight. He said it's taking longer but they're working on it, whatever that means. They are investigating Hillary and IIRC wasn't Imran Awan recently caught trying to flee?

Common Core is education branch, much smaller and everyone is anti pelosi, that's a state issue. Federal changes are extremely difficult to pass. Infrastructure involves everything from roads to energy. This isn't a one night shoot the shit and figure it out. It could be another year til we see what proposal is in place.

I am not a Trump supporter but I did support what I thought was his plan to get out of Afghanistan. He seems to have stepped away from that position.

He got it right on the VA bill.

They use racist talking points, post racist memes, have racist jokes like "explosive and athletic", but they're not racists because they say they're not racists.
Anyone that uses "yeah but black people do <blank>" as a deflection for anything can be assumed to be a racist.

Dude, I did work on class actions related to effluent discharges in the 1940s where health effects and remedies were still be refined in 2006 (and are still in litigation today). There's a lot more than just coal dust factoring into the studies. Also, you didn't even try to defend his rollbacks on discharges of coal waste into navigable waters that people fish in and get their drinking water from.

Newsflash: your layman understanding of the topic isn't nearly comprehensive, nor is your president's action on it.

I don't know shit about the whales and turtles thing

That is just untrue Leftist Narrative striking yet again.

Untrue narrative like the "Obama raised taxes on the middle class" and "Trump isn't shifting tax burden off the rich and onto the middle class" narratives that you just ducked out of because you were so categorically incorrect?

I mean, at least his narrative is normative and not baldly counter-factual.

Nope, he literally just returned us to standing mining practice since the early 80's.

He stopped what was felt to be excess measures. He didn't repeal all protections on whales and sea turtles. That is just untrue Leftist Narrative striking yet again.
Let's get back to the regulations of the 1870s and make our industries great again. Surely we can trust businesses to just do the rigjt thing. Honor system and all.

Anyone that uses "yeah but black people do <blank>" as a deflection for anything can be assumed to be a racist.

"I'm not a racist but blacks are lazy and live off welfare and genetically have a lower IQ"

I'm not a leftist but I do care about the environment and people so.....

I asked a pretty simple question on what he's done to personally ruin your lives and I've got literally not one response. Just a bunch of shit you disagree with him on. Literally nothing has resulted in having a negative effect on anyone here.

Thankfully we have you, a non racist person on the forum to balance things out. You're bravery is duly noted.

Back