Do you have friends who are on the opposite side of the aisle?

There's one in particular who tries to hide his Trump support while repeating all of the talking points. It's kind of hilarious. I'm able to talk him back down to sanity, but I think the nuttiness refreshes during REM sleep.

I got friends on both sides. If you can't agree to disagree, then you are the bigot. The modern day left are the biggest examples of this.

Yes I do , I like a lively discussion, what the he'll is wrong with people , not wanting to or not being able to discuss politics is somewhat dangerous imo

Won't that only lead to a worsening of the divide

Yes. He's a conservative Christian and I'm kind of a left-leaning libertarian Atheist. We both love drinking beers, kicking ass, and shooting guns. I call him racist. He calls me triggered. Best budz.

My regular golf foursome, one guy is way left of me. He is a Union shop steward, and campaigns for lots of democrats. One guy is die hard conservative and the other guy has 5 kids(all girls), so he is just happy to get the fuck out of his house. He stays out of the political conversations. 3 of us are small business owners, and the Union guy owns 3 rental properties. My regular 4 some for the last 20 years. Nobody hates anyone for their views, and would ride or die with anyone of the other if we had too.
We bust balls, but also are smart enough to know the media is trying to push a narrative that everyone on the other side is wrong and ruining the country.
It would be stupid to drop a friend because the are a democrat or republican. If they starting believe crazy shit sure, but if a normal R or D, then no need to drop them as a friend.

That's how it should be.

giphy.gif

There's one in particular who tries to hide his Trump support while repeating all of the talking points. It's kind of hilarious. I'm able to talk him back down to sanity, but I think the nuttiness refreshes during REM sleep.

you went yellow.

damn, bro.

My 2 best mates are an extremely liberal dude I grew up with and an old extremely right wing horse farmer and I get along with both just fine. I can still get along with people that dont agree with me and even talk politics without anyone freaking out . I dont get the omg you voted for trump I hate you ..... I didnt want to vote for hildo one bit so I cant blame others who actually didnt

Yes, I even have libs in what was first just a conservative sherdog group because they can discuss their thoughts rationally without resulting to screeching and/or insulting

Yes, I even have libs in what was first just a conservative sherdog group because they can discuss their thoughts rationally without resulting to screeching and/or insulting

every liberal in that group is a big fucking pussy

btw, wasn't Vegetta stronger than Goku at some point?

Most of my liberal friends hate Trump but can't actually say why other than they don't like him as a person. I've tried to reason with them and see if we can get past the emotional responses, but the only response is "because he's a racist (he's not) or a Mysoginist (also not) or some other insult they heard on CNN.

They can never say what about his Policies or actions he's taken since being elected they disagree with. I don't think they actually know what they are fighting against. When I ask them if they really want the Govt. to control Health Care they say no. If I ask them if they prefer big Govt. rather than State's rights, they say they support State's Rights... Open Borders? Sanctuary Cities? High Taxes? Nope, nope, and nope. So what DO they believe in? I guess hating Trump... These are smart people. It makes no sense to be so blinded by hate when the good of the Country is at stake.

My best friend voted for Trump.

My best friend is not an idiot.

In fact, he came down to visit, and said, "But what do I know? I voted for Donald Fuckin' Trump?"

Do you have close friends on the other side of the spectrum? How do you deal with it?

I have another friend who voted for Trump. He is, in fact, an idiot. We knew this all along. We still love him though.

Thinly veiled Trump hate thread IMO.

over 90% of friends and family left leaning. i would have considered myself pretty hard left until recently. now with around 500 fb friends i can only share memes with 3 of them.

Yes, of course. Sry but I think there's something off if the answer is no.
I think a normal person has some friends from childhood/school, (previous) neighborhood(s), university, gym, maybe work.
How in God's name are people from different backgrounds and places supposed to have the same political views?
I think whoever answers no probably is an isolated autistic person and doesn't really have any friends.

I'm not autistic like the majority of Liberals/Leftists so I can't say I am on any spectrum.

nope

Even the minorities aren't mentally ill leftists liberals, some think they are till I slap some logic on them and they turn.

But all of them work so there that.

I dislike religion but also have plenty of religious friends we have fun debates

im the only right-wing guy in my entire town

Last edited:
I'm friends with a lot of Hilary and Bernie supporters... sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back