Gen5 Glock Has Arrived!

I used to have 2 40 cals...sold them. Now I stick with 9, 45, and 10mm for pistols.
I prefer 9s and 45s too. Not familiar with 10mms.
9s and 45s for semi autos.
38s and 357s for revolvers.

I've never been a fan of Glocks and their lazy attempts to renew their pistol line always leaves me feeling underwhelmed. Imo there's so many other polymer pistols now that do what Glocks do just as well if not better for around the same price. From what I've seen, they aren't readily available just yet, but if you own a gen4 there's probably no reason to buy a gen5

I prefer 9s and 45s too. Not familiar with 10mms.
9s and 45s for semi autos.
38s and 357s for revolvers.
10mm has such a wide range of bullets and loads.

What?!?! No 30, 30S or 30SF?
Shame!
Ha. Started on H&K. And as my kids get older their sports cost me a small fortune. Use most of my play money on that.

What?!?! No 30, 30S or 30SF?
Shame!
Just ordered this little bad boy...

7032684_03_glock_43_9mm_od_green_frame_ne_640.jpg

Just ordered this little bad boy...

7032684_03_glock_43_9mm_od_green_frame_ne_640.jpg
Noice.
What do you change on your Glocks if anything?
I'm a regular guy so I just change the sights on mine. Everything else is stock. I got some Truglo brite sights but I'm thinking of getting some XS sights for my 30SF.

Noice.
What do you change on your Glocks if anything?
I'm a regular guy so I just change the sights on mine. Everything else is stock. I got some Truglo brite sights but I'm thinking of getting some XS sights for my 30SF.
I cerakoted one not too long ago, but that's about it.

No trigger mods, etc.

I always order mine with the Glock night sights. I keep it simple.

I cerakoted one not too long ago, but that's about it.

No trigger mods, etc.

I always order mine with the Glock night sights. I keep it simple.
Yeah me too. Practice and training are whats gonna make us better shooters. Too many guys spend lots of dough, changing or "upgrading" their pistols unnecessarily. I think Gaston had a pretty good idea of what he was doing.

I've never been a fan of Glocks and their lazy attempts to renew their pistol line always leaves me feeling underwhelmed. Imo there's so many other polymer pistols now that do what Glocks do just as well if not better for around the same price. From what I've seen, they aren't readily available just yet, but if you own a gen4 there's probably no reason to buy a gen5
The thing that I think puts Glocks above the other polymer pistols is the aftermarket support.

EVERYONE and their mom makes sights for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes a trigger for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes connector bars for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes barrels for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes a holster for them

THAT plus their mags aren't $35 for a single one the way M&P or XD mags are. Seriously, even Magpul fucking makes mags that fit Glocks.. don't see Magpul making mags for M&P or XDs or even HKs.

Yeah me too. Practice and training are whats gonna make us better shooters. Too many guys spend lots of dough, changing or "upgrading" their pistols unnecessarily. I think Gaston had a pretty good idea of what he was doing.
Gaston's my boy!

I tell ya...shooting that 43 was a nightmare at first. After doing some research, and applying some simple grip techniques, it is seriously my favorite gun right now!

The thing that I think puts Glocks above the other polymer pistols is the aftermarket support.

EVERYONE and their mom makes sights for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes a trigger for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes connector bars for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes barrels for it
EVERYONE and their mom makes a holster for them

THAT plus their mags aren't $35 for a single one the way M&P or XD mags are. Seriously, even Magpul fucking makes mags that fit Glocks.. don't see Magpul making mags for M&P or XDs or even HKs.
HK mags are ridiculous...usually $40+
With Glock you get a reliable pistol for a really good price. Plus the aftermarket for them is huge.

Gaston's my boy!

I tell ya...shooting that 43 was a nightmare at first. After doing some research, and applying some simple grip techniques, it is seriously my favorite gun right now!
giphy (15).gif

F65 (Weapons and Tactics) is that way --->

Let's see how long before the flaming starts.

F65 (Weapons and Tactics) is that way --->

Let's see how long before the flaming starts.

In before the shmarmy condescending Euro/Aus ( no offence to the non shmarmy condescending types ) squad shows up to finger wag

Has anyone picked up one of the new Gen 5 G19 or G17s?

How's the trigger feel? Overall ergo?

I've been carrying an XDS .45 for a few years now, and while the size is amazing (it fits in the pocket of fitted jeans) it sucks (for me, anyway) to shoot. I have huge hands and the bottom of the grip barely comes halfway on my ring finger. Not that comfort is any concern in an emergency situation, but I can't get anything close to the accuracy with it as I can my 1911s.

I can shoot consistent head size groupings with my 1911s at 25 yards but don't like to carry them due to the both the weight and the $ I've got tied up in them. If ever used in a defense shooting the gun will likely be evidence and perhaps not returned.

Which has had me looking at the full size XD and Glocks lately. They're light, cheap and the newest Glocks have got all the I's crossed and T's dotted it would seem ;)

Polymer handguns are trash. Sorry but I have to put that out there. The weak plastic bullshit that sells for a handgun now a days is killing me on the inside.

Polymer handguns are trash. Sorry but I have to put that out there. The weak plastic bullshit that sells for a handgun now a days is killing me on the inside.
You're basing that off what?
They're made out of composites because that greatly reduces the weight. They're still perfectly functional, though perhaps not as "comfortable" to shoot. But most people prefer light weight when it comes to a carry gun.

You're basing that off what?
They're made out of composites because that greatly reduces the weight. They're still perfectly functional, though perhaps not as "comfortable" to shoot. But most people prefer light weight when it comes to a carry gun.

I think they're more comfortable to shoot but maybe that's just me? Seems like that little bit of flex the frame has kinda buffers the felt recoil and the reduced weight makes it feel easier to hold steadily with outstretched arms for longer.

Remember the first time I shot one at the police station I couldn't believe how nice it felt to shoot, more pleasant and less punishing than some airguns, imo. Made it really easy to aim

Back