Game of Thrones S07E07 Discussion Thread: FinallyJumpedTheDragon (No Spoilers/Leaks)

It really isn't. They're both going to the same place. Why would the show throw in Aegon as Jon's name and act like baby Aegon didn't exist? It wouldn't.

They're different. They might have a common point in the conclusion for certain characters or events but they're still different worlds.

Why would the show have Missandei not know what a dragon pit is when they had a dragon pit in Meereen? Sloppy writing, D&D forgot about the other Aegon. Fan service for book readers. Aegon is an important name and Rhaegar thought 1st Aegon was important but then changed his mind and thought he needed another Aegon. Lots of plausible reasons that don't require jumping through hoops to set up Jon as Ellia's son.

@lfd0311 account bet me. Loser leaves town forever. If Jon turns out to be Elia Martell's son @Lethal can IP ban me. If not, he bans you.

A man puts all on the LINE!!!!, LOSER LEAVES TOWN!!, THE GREATEST EVENT OF THE DECADE, dont miss it folks, this is gonna be a barnburner, place your bets!

Considering it's been 6 seasons and we haven't gotten much about their motives other than the Children of the Forest made them to fight the first men...

Their motivation is to kill everything and make it eternal night.

Well I'm going to hold out hope for more.

I highly doubt any of us are as involved in this discussion as you are. Being right about GOT on a karate forum isn't a high priority bruh. Though one wonder why a larger opinion of a gathering of "shertards" as you put it matters.

Youre vastly oversimplifying my position just as your oversimplifying the reasons people criticized the episode.

I said your suggestion is unlikely given the myriad of other instances of poor writing through out the episode.If these things werent present then your theory would hold more weight But given that they are the most reasonable conclusion is it simply was poor writing that neglected its own rules it created for the sake of advancing a plot point. And again the Viserion fishing moment puts a hamper in your theory unless we want to speculate he just conveniently happened to land near yet another sloping land mass that the wights could submerge under to reach him. Is this impossible in an episode where the main characters dead uncle just conveniently happened to be in the area and have a means of escape? No. But this just highlights the dumbing down of the writing.

What you proposed is as slim of a likelihood as your suggestion that the main reason people complained about the episode was due to being too hip for something popular . When the more sensible conclusion is it polarized the fan base due to its arguably poor quality of writing.
No you are simply lying now. But you've said as much that you don't care about proof or accuracy.

Your statement was exactly as i summed it up. You basically said it was inexplicable and therefore bad writing that the zombies could surface to grab Tormund.

I absolutely proved you wrong and gave you several ways it could be written to play out that way. You saying they are low probability means nothing as low probability never makes things impossible or inexplicable. Rare just means it does not occur often and you certainly do not take that and suggest it is then impossible for it to happen ever.

But as you said you have little interest in the truth here.

No you are simply lying now. But you've said as much that you don't care about proof or accuracy.

Your statement was exactly as i summed it up. You basically said it was inexplicable and therefore bad writing that the zombies could surface to grab Tormund.

I absolutely proved you wrong and gave you several ways it could be written to play out that way. You saying they are low probability means nothing as low probability never makes things impossible or inexplicable. Rare just means it does not occur often and you certainly do not take that and suggest it is then impossible for it to happen ever.

But as you said you have little interest in the truth here.

<Kobe213>

They're different. They might have a common point in the conclusion for certain characters or events but they're still different worlds.

Why would the show have Missandei not know what a dragon pit is when they had a dragon pit in Meereen? Sloppy writing, D&D forgot about the other Aegon. Fan service for book readers. Aegon is an important name and Rhaegar thought 1st Aegon was important but then changed his mind and thought he needed another Aegon. Lots of plausible reasons that don't require jumping through hoops to set up Jon as Ellia's son.

They "forgot"? OK..... Again, I'm not jumping through hoops. Do you know who is suspected by many of the people in the world of being Jon Snow's mother, and who Ned tells Robert it is in the show? Wylla, a Dornish wetnurse serving the Daynes. So it's commonly accepted in the books that Jon Snow is more than likely half Dornish. Stop and think about that for a second.

Secondly, they aren't two stories. They're the same story with slight deviations. As I said before, Martin himself has said that the show's creators check in with him frequently on major plot points as to remain true to the general direction of the books. Martin calls it taking two possible roads to the same destination. The show and the books are going to the same place.

@lfd0311 account bet me. Loser leaves town forever. If Jon turns out to be Elia Martell's son @Lethal can IP ban me. If not, he bans you.

Deal

EDIT: you should probably have familarized yourself with some of the source material before making a bet like that.

Deal

EDIT: you should probably have familarized yourself with some of the source material before making a bet like that.

I have read all the books, and I assure you that I am quite confident.

P.S. Enjoy your last two years on Sherdog and make the most of your time.

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Wow, I can't believe this is still going lol.

It reminds me of the Arya/Waif thing last year where half the thread swore that the Waif had Killed Arya and was impersonating her

If Jon is Ellia/Rhaegars son.. how does he have a dire wolf? he's clearly part Stark

Deal

lmao, you just made a really bad mistake and I hope you realize that your fate on this site is now in the hands of Dumb and Dumber.

Deal

Just back out of this bet while you still can. Or pray that Worm has mercy on you and lets you live. lol

They "forgot"? OK..... Again, I'm not jumping through hoops. Do you know who is suspected by many of the people in the world of being Jon Snow's mother, and who Ned tells Robert it is in the show? Wylla, a Dornish wetnurse serving the Daynes. So it's commonly accepted in the books that Jon Snow is more than likely half Dornish. Stop and think about that for a second.
RIGHT THERE, that's the problem. Jon's potential mother is never even given a fake name int he show. It's just kinda glossed over and Robert only remarks he has no idea who Jon's mom could be and finds it strange given how close him and Ned were.

They're not going to introduce all these people in the final 6 episode season. We thought Season 7 being 3 episodes shorter was going to have longer episodes.. it did not.

They literally do not have the time to introduce Wylla, Aegon as Rhaegar's kid, explain the exploits of moving the kid out of KL and all that shit.

We're at the stage in the show where what we see is what we get.

Jon Snow in the show doesn't look ANYTHING like he could be Dornish.

In fact, before Ralph gets pissed at me, those first two episodes Jon look far more like Ned than his siblings do based on hair and shit as everyone else has brown to red hair but him.

It reminds me of the Arya/Waif thing last year where half the thread swore that the Waif had Killed Arya and was impersonating her

For some reasons GoT seems to attract fans that are unable to accept anything at face value. Everyone is actually secretly someone else, and if you don't see a character die they're not dead.

Two years ago a shit ton of people were certain that Stannis was alive. The director of the season 5 finale said in interviews that no, Stannis was in fact dead, but when they did the storyboard for the episode they chose not to show him getting carved up by Brienne because they thought it was too much to show that after the guy had already lost everything (kid, wife, army) that he deserved the dignity of them not showing his guts spilling out or his head lopped off. People disregarded his comments and said he was lying. :rolleyes:

It's kind of fun watching people paint themselves into a corner.

For some reasons GoT seems to attract fans that are unable to accept anything at face value. Everyone is actually secretly someone else, and if you don't see a character die they're not dead.

Two years ago a shit ton of people were certain that Stannis was alive. The director of the season 5 finale said in interviews that no, Stannis was in fact dead, but when they did the storyboard for the episode they chose not to show him getting carved up by Brienne because they thought it was too much to show that after the guy had already lost everything (kid, wife, army) that he deserved the dignity of them not showing his guts spilling out or his head lopped off. People disregarded his comments and said he was lying. :rolleyes:
This greasy haired fuck is supposedly still alive too:
latest

Back