Slick's thread of Fire Pro

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
Just posting some of the better matches I've simmed on Fire Pro World. That game is magic.

Fishy Joe is a character of mine, the rest are community creations from the Fire Pro Arena.

Fishy Joe vs Midnight Rambler

Fishy Joe vs Justin Starr

giphy.gif

Gnarly match here. Nice clash of styles with a good story.

Could you post some Gruesome Fight mode matches or some matches with an MMA based CAW?

Also, how does limb damage work in the new one? In FPW Returns, I think limb damage would make them move slower and decrease damage for moves that use that limb, but didn't make it any easier to submit them when attacking that limb.

Could you post some Gruesome Fight mode matches or some matches with an MMA based CAW?

Also, how does limb damage work in the new one? In FPW Returns, I think limb damage would make them move slower and decrease damage for moves that use that limb, but didn't make it any easier to submit them when attacking that limb.
I'll try to record some ol' Gruesome action, there's not too many original creations for it though and it doesn't sim as well, but it's probably more fun to actually play. Submission system seems pretty similar, but limb damage definitely makes a difference with submissions. There's an original guy named Kiriyama on the Workshop who is all about working the arm. Shining Triangle finishes are pretty rad after he's worked it awhile.

I'm like the exact market for this game but it barely appeals to me.

Like, it gets celebrated as this amazing sim, but then you'll see people who aren't necessarily known as strikers spamming the same generic front punch.

I'm like the exact market for this game but it barely appeals to me.

Like, it gets celebrated as this amazing sim, but then you'll see people who aren't necessarily known as strikers spamming the same generic front punch.

It's all about editing logic, which can get pretty complicated. I just wish there is a way to edit wrestler logic so that jobber CAW actually lose grapple attempts on purpose, or at least lose 9/10 grapple exchanges.

It's all about editing logic, which can get pretty complicated. I just wish there is a way to edit wrestler logic so that jobber CAW actually lose grapple attempts on purpose, or at least lose 9/10 grapple exchanges.

You can, each edit has points that determine their output in matches. Jobber edits can get planted in one or two moves from a main eventer, while the main eventer is liable to block or reverse the move. Some edits are just inherently inferior to others.

idk, I've watched a decent amount of Fire Pro footage over the years and I really just haven't seen anything to convince me it's the super sim it gets praised for being. Maybe I'm taking comments too literally and it's more that it's a great sim as far as wrestling sims are concerned, meaning it's really not a great sim but it's the best we've got.

If there's a match someone can show me to convince me otherwise I'd love to see it.

Just posting some of the better matches I've simmed on Fire Pro World. That game is magic.

Fishy Joe is a character of mine, the rest are community creations from the Fire Pro Arena.

Fishy Joe vs Midnight Rambler

Fishy Joe vs Justin Starr

Here are some animations I made in the late 90's/early 2000s using the SFPWXP snes rom and paint shop pro. I was around 10-12ish at the time. We literally used a function in ZSNES emulator to replace the entire background with black, then we loaded it into paint shop pro and animation shop to make sure each frame blended together with the background and created our own moves with weapons and stuff, nothing that was in the game. We had a nice little community on some forums, it died off as everyone got older and nobody wanted to mess around with 2d sprites anymore :p Latest forum: http://sfpwxp2.proboards.com/ I see you post on the Fire pro arena forums sometimes. LOL at the tranny org.

One of my firsts:
upload_2017-9-24_0-44-1.gif

One of my later ones:

upload_2017-9-24_0-39-17.gif

I used to have a lot more but photobucket held everything hostage and deleted my account.

Here are some animations I made in the late 90's/early 2000s using the SFPWXP snes rom and paint shop pro. I was around 10-12ish at the time. We literally used a function in ZSNES emulator to replace the entire background with black, then we loaded it into paint shop pro and animation shop to make sure each frame blended together with the background and created our own moves with weapons and stuff, nothing that was in the game. We had a nice little community on some forums, it died off as everyone got older and nobody wanted to mess around with 2d sprites anymore :p Latest forum: http://sfpwxp2.proboards.com/ I see you post on the Fire pro arena forums sometimes. LOL at the tranny org.

One of my firsts:
View attachment 280149

One of my later ones:

View attachment 280145

I used to have a lot more but photobucket held everything hostage and deleted my account.
Those are siiick! You should try to do some stuff like that again, there's some really crazy productions coming out for FPW. I used to post some in the FPC too, but migrated to Sherdog. This place is turning in to a toxic dump though, the Arena is a breath of fresh air even if there's one thread I can't seem to post in lol. The damned thing is I don't even care that there's a trans stable, it's insisting that I cheer for them when they're cutting heelish promos demanding respect and not caring what the crowd thinks. I've watched wrestling too long to know where that leads.

idk, I've watched a decent amount of Fire Pro footage over the years and I really just haven't seen anything to convince me it's the super sim it gets praised for being. Maybe I'm taking comments too literally and it's more that it's a great sim as far as wrestling sims are concerned, meaning it's really not a great sim but it's the best we've got.

If there's a match someone can show me to convince me otherwise I'd love to see it.
Are you watching real wrestler edits or original characters? The only thing I could really find fault in is a lack of selling, but that's probably because playing a game with legitimate selling would be a drag so they comprised.

You can, each edit has points that determine their output in matches. Jobber edits can get planted in one or two moves from a main eventer, while the main eventer is liable to block or reverse the move. Some edits are just inherently inferior to others.
CarlZilla put out a match pacing mod to really capture the jobber squash. They will fold quickly and barely win any exchanges if at all.

Are you watching real wrestler edits or original characters? The only thing I could really find fault in is a lack of selling, but that's probably because playing a game with legitimate selling would be a drag so they comprised.

I've seen both.

I've seen both.
I know I'm biased, but Fishy Joe puts on some really good matches. Very Kings Road style. He wrestled at 1:33:00 here to qualify for a tournament next week. Fun stuff, the matches may not be perfect for you, but live streams are a blast.

I know I'm biased, but Fishy Joe puts on some really good matches. Very Kings Road style. He wrestled at 1:33:00 here to qualify for a tournament next week. Fun stuff, the matches may not be perfect for you, but live streams are a blast.

I'll check it out. Thanks

It's not necessarily that Fire Pro gives you perfect 1:1 simulations of real matches, but being able to adjust the logic means you have a lot of control of their personality and style. You can be creative and set up different spots and chains too. Reading and seeing this guy's stuff in action really helps give you an idea of the capabilities of the game and what's not always so obvious on the surface.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1354

CarlZilla put out a match pacing mod to really capture the jobber squash. They will fold quickly and barely win any exchanges if at all.

I'll have to take a look at it, shit is cash.

I'm just waiting for Management of the Ring and custom belts before I start playing it real hardcore again. I want promo wars mannnnnn

Now is the time to get this game if you've been on the fence. It's $13.39 until 1/5.

I think I've simmed my best match to date. My boy Fishy Joe's pissed off alter ego takes on ZIP Japan's Justin Starr.

Back