Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Team Room: a place for members that are assigned to a team and nobody else. Every individuals personal locker with their gear in it. Fridge with water, Jarimiah Weed and beer. Couple of computers and projector for briefings. Long table and chairs as well as a few couches. Combo lock on the door.

Probably a little different than a Marine or oda team room.

Jeremiah_Weed.jpg

This is an awesome shit show due to people playing semantics

Team Room: a place for members that are assigned to a team and nobody else. Every individuals personal locker with their gear in it. Fridge with water, Jarimiah Weed and beer. Couple of computers and projector for briefings. Long table and chairs as well as a few couches. Combo lock on the door.

Probably a little different than a Marine or oda team room.

Jeremiah_Weed.jpg

Sound like the "Goat Locker" onboard a Navy vessel where the Chiefs hang out! ;)

I'm a Colonel now? Not sure where that come from (la, la, land) but thanks. You missed your chance to figure out what rank I retired in. Oh, you thought all those years were active duty. That's some shitty investigative work for the 'Sherdog Veteran Police'.

. 'This whole post is barely decipherable gibberish'. Good answer. That way you can avoid the questions it raises. What's the matter hero, don't like it when the tables are turned?

Mortar sections don't just get attached to Platoons. That's not how it works.' Really? How does it work smart boy?

We are talking 60-mm mortars in an Infantry Company. "Employment by squad may take place during the initial phase of operations, or while supporting special needs:"

. Reinforcing an element conducting a combat patrol.
. Performing one-mortar illumination missions.

No, you were definitely not in the Infantry...

. And the idea that a supposed retired Infantry Marine NCO is on an MMA website having to have simple Infantry Company MTOE and FM 7-10 explained to him is also hilarious. Company and Field Grade officers can't post and have fun on Sherdog? o_O ...isn't that a little discriminatory? But than again, I forget I may be talking to a Marine. Let's see, you are now down for 7 fails on your "Just generally having an understanding of the military and the vernacular is a dead giveaway."

'Ifd0311' is just a plain asshole. Thinks he is the 'Sherdog Veteran Police'. Never had an issue with 'The_Higher_Power' .

Dude, this is pathetic. If you did 20 years as an officer you should have at the very least been in range for Colonel. Stop cutting and pasting uses for a mortar section, douchebag. The rest of us know how they're used. We can (and have) just tell you in our own words, we don't need to cut and paste someone else's words.

Oh, you thought all those years were active duty.

That has literally nothing to do with how you're promoted. None whatsoever.

This whole post is barely decipherable gibberish'. Good answer. That way you can avoid the questions it raises. What's the matter hero, don't like it when the tables are turned?

Uh, no. It's barely decipherable gibberish. You're cutting and pasting incorrectly from the manual as if you know what you're talking about. If you had actual experience you wouldn't need to do that.

Mortar sections don't just get attached to Platoons. That's not how it works.' Really? How does it work smart boy?

We are talking 60-mm mortars in an Infantry Company. "Employment by squad may take place during the initial phase of operations, or while supporting special needs:"

. Reinforcing an element conducting a combat patrol.
. Performing one-mortar illumination missions.

No, you were definitely not in the Infantry...

. And the idea that a supposed retired Infantry Marine NCO is on an MMA website having to have simple Infantry Company MTOE and FM 7-10 explained to him is also hilarious. Company and Field Grade officers can't post and have fun on Sherdog? o_O ...isn't that a little discriminatory? But than again, I forget I may be talking to a Marine. Let's see, you are now down for 7 fails on your "Just generally having an understanding of the military and the vernacular.

1.) you don't seem to understand the difference between "getting out" and "retiring".

2.) there are a lot of differences between army and marine rifle platoons, but Mortars being permanent attachments isn't one of them.

3.) the idea that a Ranger officer who by his own description would have to be in his late 50's in on the internet wiffing at every chance to get simple SOP correct while breaking out emojis at every turn is laughable.

Dude, this is pathetic. If you did 20 years as an officer you should have at the very least been in range for Colonel. Stop cutting and pasting uses for a mortar section, douchebag. The rest of us know how they're used. We can (and have) just tell you in our own words, we don't need to cut and paste someone else's words.

Active duty and Reserve promotions work differently 'dickhead'. You should know that. Eighth mistake. I'll cut and paste any information I feel like cutting and pasting, specially if it pisses you off. Plus, it gives you the source since you are a non-believer. I figured being a Marine it would make it easier for you to understand.

That has literally nothing to do with how you're promoted. None whatsoever.

Refer to above post.

Uh, no. It's barely decipherable gibberish. You're cutting and pasting incorrectly from the manual as if you know what you're talking about. If you had actual experience you wouldn't need to do that.

Refer to above post.

1.) you don't seem to understand the difference between "getting out" and "retiring".

2.) there are a lot of differences between army and marine rifle platoons, but Mortars being permanent attachments isn't one of them.

3.) the idea that a Ranger officer who by his own description would have to be in his late 50's in on the internet wiffing at every chance to get simple SOP correct while breaking out emojis at every turn is laughable.

1. I retired, so yes, I do know what it means. That's a real dumb statement, but than again, I'm dealing with a Marine.

2. Ok, 'permanent attachment' is an oxymoron statement. 'Attachment' means temporary. 'Permanent' means indefinitely. I already covered that. Ninth mistake. An Infantry Platoon can have a mortar section squad attached to it for a specific mission. Once the mission is over they go back to Weapons Platoon. Not Infantry are you?

3. Not in my 50s. Tenth mistake. I think you failed miserably at your own 'military validity' test. I think you and your bullshit are laughable. I'm getting the feeling you are jealous you did not get a chance to get commissioned. Don't feel bad princess NCOs are still the backbone of the U.S. Army and the U.S. Marine Corps.

Last edited:
This is an awesome shit show due to people playing semantics

Glad you like it. Yeah, anytime you have to talk to stupid Marines it gets to be fun. Its an exercise in futility.

Glad you like it. Yeah, anytime you have to talk to stupid Marines it gets to be fun. Its an exercise in futility.

You aren't doing any better than those Marines or this Marine

If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Roosevelt

That's a great quote. Thought of using it myself but the original is too long.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Not sure why you like 'lfd0311'. The guy was laughing at you about the 'team room issue'.

Active duty and Reserve promotions work differently 'dickhead'.

No they fucking don't.

You should know that. Eight mistake

]I do know that. You don't. That's why every single thing you claim I've made a mistake on you've made no attempt to refute. Because you can't.

I'll cut and paste any information I feel like cutting and pasting, specially if it pisses you off.

This is what I love about dude's like you. You think you're making someone angry. This is something that fills my time. I can
Either slap down your nonsense or wait for someone else to create an Obama the dead for me to troll. That's how significant you are.

Plus, it gives you the source since you are a non-believer. I figured being a Marine it would make it easier for you to understand

Ermm... the fact that you need to "source" things is yet more proof of you canishness

Refer to above post.

Refer to above post

Please do. It's sad that you think you're actually holding your own in this conversation.

1. I retired, so yes, I do know what it means. That's a real dumb statement, but than again, I'm dealing with a Marine

This where you should refer to all your above posts again. Your reading comprehension is terrible.
2. Ok, 'permanent attachment' is an oxymoron statement. 'Attachment' means temporary. 'Permanent' means indefinitely. I already covered that. Ninth mistake. An Infantry Platoon can have a mortar section squad attached to it for a specific mission. Once the mission is over they go back to Weapons Platoon. Not Infantry are you?

@SMEAC, correct me if I'm wrong but Army Company's don't have weapons platoons do they? Only weapons companies?
Like a mortar company at the battalion level?
3. Not in my 50s. Tenth mistake. I think you failed miserably at your own 'military validity' test. I think you and your bullshit are laughable. I'm getting the feeling you are jealous you did not get a chance to get commissioned. Don't feel bad princess NCOs are still the backbone of the U.S. Army and the U.S. Marine Corps.

How old are you then?

SMEAC, correct me if I'm wrong but Army Company's don't have weapons platoons do they? Only weapons companies? Like a mortar company at the battalion level?

Oh man, this is a 'golden' statement. The ultimate proof you don't know shit about U.S. Army Infantry units. Their MTOE. What were you, a Lance Corporal in the U.S. Marines? This is by far the biggest fuck-up you have written. Thanks. That makes it 11 fails on your test now. I'm getting ready to go out but will respond to the other statements later.

No, you don't get to ask questions about me anymore. That time has come and gone after you decided to be a fucking 'asshole'. ...and we could have been having a civil conversation about our experiences. Yeah, like you said, 'who cares about my military career?' I'm a fake right?

Oh man, this is a 'golden' statement. The ultimate proof you don't know shit about U.S. Army Infantry units. Their MTOE. What were you, a Lance Corporal in the U.S. Marines? This is by far the biggest fuck-up you have written. Thanks. That makes it 11 fails on your test now. I'm getting ready to go out but will respond to the other statements later.

No, you don't get to ask questions about me anymore. That time has come and gone after you decided to be a fucking 'asshole'. ...and we could have been having a civil conversation about our experiences. Yeah, like you said, 'who cares about my military career?' I'm a fake right?

I mean.... yeah I was a Lance Corporal, just like everyone else in this thread....

Secondly, There are no weapons platoons in an army infantry company. Mortars come from mortars Company that is part of headquarters company. That's why I worded my previous posts the way I did. To troll you into showing that you don't know what you're talking about and would just try to fit your narrative to whatever I said.

You apparently haven't noticed I haven't been civil to you this whole time I knew you were a fake before I'd even talked to you. You aren't slick. None of you dudes ever are. You don't have any experiences, so there is nothing for us to "share".

Lastly, I said I didn't care about your imagined military career 4 days ago. Around the time you said you weren't here to defend it. You don't seem to know how old you are and you don't even know what year we invaded Iraq. It's sad.

Brings back fond team building exercises with the team when we traveled to Camp Victory.

21430490_1486636751424901_8587753137246571766_n.jpg

Oh boy... Where to begin when dealing with stupid people. Just shaking my head. I have great respect for the U.S. Marine Corps but after meeting you it has definitely dropped down a few notches. You are set in your ways and nothing is going to change that. Just like another guy in another thread that still thinks the Earth is flat and nothing can prove him wrong. You two must be related. Here is your principle: Guilty until proven innocent. No matter what I say or prove I will always be guilty in your eyes. That's fine. Plenty of other veterans I can talk to. You are as fake to me as I am to you.

From the top. Active duty and Reserve promotions work differently.
No they fucking don't.
Yes they fucking do. Unless something has changed in the last 10 years, reserve Officers and NCOs take longer to be promoted. It has to do with schools, changes to board cycles, opportunities on active duty being greater than in the reserves, etc. My experience was 2 years from 2LT to 1LT on active duty to 3 years in the reserves. Needs of the U.S. Army also come into play. If you are with the 82nd, 101st, 1st Infantry, or a Ranger Battalion, your promotions will come faster than other reserve units and some MOSs.

That's why every single thing you claim I've made a mistake on you've made no attempt to refute. Because you can't.

I did refute it. Man you have a short term memory. Remember the M-14 grenade, boots during PT, team rooms, attached vs integrated, mortar section, promotions, retired, etc.

This is what I love about dude's like you. You think you're making someone angry. This is something that fills my time. That's how significant you are.

...same here dude.

Ermm... the fact that you need to "source" things is yet more proof of you canishness

...yeah, to prove I'm not talking out-of-my ass like you are doing. You should try to source it sometime instead of trying to make others rely on your bullshit experience.

It's sad that you think you're actually holding your own in this conversation.

I'm not? You think you are? Always the special one aren't you princess.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Army Company's don't have weapons platoons do they?

Yes, they do. You could research it for yourself but you are too lazy. Oh, yeah, that's right, you have a lot of experience. Like a walking encyclopedia. Just curious, did you get hit by shrapnel in the head? What the fuck is the 'MORT SEC' below in an Infantry Company bright boy? Is that were we go for cokes and burgers?

image0067.gif

I mean.... yeah I was a Lance Corporal, just like everyone else in this thread....

Everyone else in this thread is a Marine Lance Corporal. Wow, really? Sure about that? Could have sworn we had some Army and Air Force. Maybe even Navy.

None of you dudes ever are. You don't have any experiences, so there is nothing for us to "share".

Agreed, and with that I shall end my conversations with you. It is an exercise in futility. Like one of my soldier's used to say: 'I rather watch paint rot, sir!'

Last edited:
Army infantry has multiple slightly different MTOEs
They're aren't weapons platoons per se but there can be mortar sections in the HQ platoon.

Honestly you all are basically arguing semantics based upon about 10 year old USMC infantry knowledge and an Army pogue's at least 20 yrs old infantry knowledge.

The Corps and the Army don't do shit the same...hell Army infantry doesn't do shit the same amongst the different styles.

But lastly the AN-M14 incedaniary grenade is not white phosphorous it is thermate. It is not for use against personnel, it is for destroying shit. You can't even really throw the motherfucker, trust me I tried, it has not fuse delay.

Oh boy... Where to begin when dealing with stupid people. Just shaking my head. I have great respect for the U.S. Marine Corps but after meeting you it has definitely dropped down a few notches. You are set in your ways and nothing is going to change that. Just like another guy in another thread that still thinks the Earth is flat and nothing can prove him wrong. You two must be related. Here is your principle: Guilty until proven innocent. No matter what I say or prove I will always be guilty in your eyes. That's fine. Plenty of other veterans I can talk to. You are as fake to me as I am to you.

From the top. Active duty and Reserve promotions work differently.

Yes they fucking do. Unless something has changed in the last 10 years, reserve Officers and NCOs take longer to be promoted. It has to do with schools, changes to board cycles, opportunities on active duty being greater than in the reserves, etc. My experience was 2 years from 2LT to 1LT on active duty to 3 years in the reserves. Needs of the U.S. Army also come into play. If you are with the 82nd, 101st, 1st Infantry, or a Ranger Battalion, your promotions will come faster than other reserve units and some MOSs.

I did refute it. Man you have a short term memory. Remember the M-14 grenade, boots during PT, team rooms, attached vs integrated, mortar section, promotions, retired, etc.

...same here dude.

...yeah, to prove I'm not talking out-of-my ass like you are doing. You should try to source it sometime instead of trying to make others rely on your bullshit experience.

I'm not? You think you are? Always the special one aren't you princess.

Yes, they do. You could research it for yourself but you are too lazy. Oh, yeah, that's right, you have a lot of experience. Like a walking encyclopedia. Just curious, did you get hit by shrapnel in the head? What the fuck is the 'MORT SEC' below in an Infantry Company bright boy? Is that were we go for cokes and burgers?

image0067.gif

Everyone else in this thread is a Marine Lance Corporal. Wow, really? Sure about that? Could have sworn we had some Army and Air Force. Maybe even Navy.

Agreed, and with that I shall end my conversations with you. It is an exercise in futility. Like one of my soldier's used to say: 'I rather watch paint rot, sir!'

Promotions don't work differently it's a single cutting score.

Every Marine here would have been a Lance Corporal at some point.

Every mortar section is a battalion asset. They aren't Company assets. That's why when they are attached to an army company they're part of Hedquarters.

...and an Army pogue's at least 20 yrs old infantry knowledge. But lastly the AN-M14 incedaniary grenade is not white phosphorous it is thermate. It is not for use against personnel, it is for destroying shit. You can't even really throw the motherfucker, trust me I tried, it has not fuse delay.

Not sure what service you were in 'douchebag'. No, wait, let me guess, U.S. Marines? MTOEs have changed that much in 20 years? Yeah, thanks for the educational information on the M-14. Last time I checked the M-67 was the grenade of choice used for destroying things. You were a Marine who could not throw an M-14 grenade? What were you, a clerk?

Last edited:
Not sure what service you were in 'douchebag'. No, wait, let me guess, U.S. Marines? MTOEs have changed that much in 20 years? Yeah, thanks for the educational information on the M-14. Last time I checked the M-67 was the grenade of choice used for destroying things. You were a Marine who could not throw an M-14 grenade? What were you, a clerk?
<{hughesimpress}>

Man you are just going down in a blaze of glory and going to alienate everyone

Way to go and talk shit to the only person here with a CAR and CIB...aka the only person that could have pulled you out of the quicksand you stepped in

Oh and BTW the AN-M14 still isn't willie pete, its still for destroying equipment and the M67 is for use against personnel

Way to go and talk shit to the only person here with a CAR and CIB...aka the only person that could have pulled you out of the quicksand you stepped in.

Just remember you posted this...

...and an Army pogue's at least 20 yrs old infantry knowledge.

Thanks brother, don't need your help. I'm a big boy. Plus, where were you when the 'shit storm' was coming down?

Man you are just going down in a blaze of glory and going to alienate everyone.

Should I care? I'm a fake right?

Back