Why so many 1st/2nd generation immigrant American fighters who rep another country's flag?

Hating America is trendy and encouraged by American media paving the way for the New World Order One World Government.

I don't know about all of that, but there is definitely a concerted effort to have Americans abandon their national pride.

I don't know about all of that, but there is definitely a concerted effort to have Americans abandon their national pride.

Same thing's happening in Europe. Hell, you've got the Chancellor of Germany yanking her nation's flag out of people's hands. EU is the prototype of what the ones in charge want for all of us. Some states are passing resolutions against sharia law because they can see what's going on.

Be interested to know his families reason for coming? If it was work related fair enough but that's still a bit of a slap in the face to the US if he spent his life there.

If it was "fleeing xxxx" in nigeria then the dudes an ass hole.

giphy.gif

america isnt a real country

its a collective of ppl from different countries

its like asking why ppl dont represent eu or un?

Usman came to the US when he was 5. Dude was raised in the US. He's more American than Nigerian.
Kelvin Gastelum, Cain Velázquez, Ricardo Lamas, Uriah Hall, Stipe Miocic (to a lesser extent) and a host of other fighters all do the same.
Usman and Hall weren't born in the US. Why does it matter, they're not American.

And those fighters who were born in the US have ties to those other countries.

The one you should be mad about is Lesnar rocking that Canadian gear at UFC 200.

The same reason Americans say they are Canadians when they travel overseas. Everyone hates Americans.
Everyone hates Americans but everyone wants to either be one or live in America. I know countless people who shit all over America yet they chose to leave their respective country just to come to America.

Why would they show allegiance for the flag of a backwards bigoted country where half the population are yokels who would happily deport their entire family?

If it's really that bad, don't come here. I'm sure Nigeria is a better country. You're only 50% likely to get kidnapped and sold into sex slavery

Why would anyone come to a backwards bigoted country where half the population are yokels who would happily deport the entire family of immigrants?

Because it's slightly better than the 3rd world places they left.

We're better than Nigeria...yay!

It seems being a proud 1st/2nd generation immigrant in 2017 pisses people off

Not at all. Take Tito Ortiz for example. Dude was proud of both his American AND Mexican roots. Had a double sided flag. That's an example of how you should do it.

If these bandwagon immigrants are so proud of their countries, move there. You need to have things to be proud of, and most of these countries don't have anything

Usman came to the US when he was 5. Dude was raised in the US. He's more American than Nigerian.
Kelvin Gastelum, Cain Velázquez, Ricardo Lamas, Uriah Hall, Stipe Miocic (to a lesser extent) and a host of other fighters all do the same.

Family pride and confusion (I can elaborate on the confusion part separately as necessary). I've bee. Here 13 years I don't know what the fuck I am, tbh...

Because it's slightly better than the 3rd world places they left.

We're better than Nigeria...yay!

So then why are they repping their third world countries if the USA is better?

Also, why didn't they go to a better country?

Who gives a shit

Just because their government sucks doesnt mean that they cant rep their flag, dummy

They can do whatever they want...which ironically most of them couldn't do in those countries. They want the best of both worlds. Economic opportunity with no responsibility

thanks for being the best country in the world America. Keep it that way plz

Mark my words....soon the American flag will be a symbol of HATE!

Anyone who is repping the American Flag will labeled a racist....its already happening!

If it's really that bad, don't come here. I'm sure Nigeria is a better country. You're only 50% likely to get kidnapped and sold into sex slavery

Last I heard it was free country where you were allowed to celebrate your heritage? I mean douchebags like you are still allowed to wave your confederate flags around like a bunch of inbreds right? And the South were traitorous bastards who tried to destroy the union.

Back