Crazy neighbor driving us nuts

Hotora86

war in the ring, never outside
Platinum Member
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I am not against weed and parties. I am against vandalism and depriving me of sleep.

The neighbor below us is a dude in his 20s, who likes to get drunk or smoke weed and party until dawn with his chums, not only on weekends. He can sometimes be seen drinking in the hall as well. We had asked him politely a few times to settle down after midnight but he never did. We spoke to the district police officer and he paid them a visit twice - the effects were short-lived. He mentioned that they look fishy and he could smell the weed but he can't search them without a warrant. When parties went on past 3 AM we'd call the police to intervene but they either come too late (when it's over) or similarly ask the guys to turn it down and leave. We've reported the issue to the housing cooperative (administration) and they sent two letters to the flat owner (we don't know who, since it's classified personal info) but received no response. Needless to say, we experience many sleepless nights. Nobody lives in the flat below this dude and the rest of the neighbors don't seem to care or is unwilling to discuss the issue.

All of the above seems insignificant and only mildly annoying but last night the dude below went amok, like in some narcotic rage, and for almost a full hour (between 1 and 2 AM) was screaming at the top of his lungs and demolishing his own apartment - breaking dishes and furniture, smashing walls, kicking doors etc. He stormed out shortly after.

My wife had a nervous breakdown, said she couldn't go on living like this and moved out to her parents. We did not quarrel or anything but she thinks that we should move permanently. I don't want to, I like our current flat.

I called the police and housing cooperative again today, they said there is almost nothing they can do. I can go to court but:
1) I'd have to pay the process fees
2) cases like these usually get dismissed due to "no actual physical danger"
3) the neighbor would know I went against him and could retaliate

I've read some forums online about such cases and pathological neighbors usually retaliate with aggression or vandalism - I don't want to be on the receiving end of that.

I feel like I've tried every option and failed. My house doesn't feel like a home anymore. I'm sick and tired of this shit.

Have any of you had similar experiences - and what did you do?
I expect half the posts to be "beat him up" but that usually backfires so no thanks.

UPDATE 21/09/2017:

Good news everyone! :D

I had a long word with the district police officer and he promised to:
- come over and have a word with the delinquent himself, perhaps search the apartment for illegal substances
- find out who the actual flat owner is - and if it's not the delinquent then he will give the owner a call

ALSO we have found among our friends someone who's friends with a high ranking police officer. Since policemen are all trained in one of two police academies in the region there is a high chance that he and our local police know each other. Our police-friend will ask them to pay regular visits to the douche and keep him in check.

In short, we have the law on our side and looks like they are finally reacting. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for your posts, sympathy and advice!
Sherbros really do care! :)

Last edited:
A man's home is his castle. Go and have a word with your neighbour and if he doesn't listen, make him fucking listen. Go full on fucking psycho if you have to. If you allow people to walk all over you they will.

Fuck it, start partying with him.

My buddy stayed in a council flat (uk) and this 16 year old kid lived across the hall. Constant parties with drink and drugs. They vandalised his front door etc. We found out that if enough neighbours complained to the council then he'd be evicted.

You could look into this with the housing cooperative?

Also it sounds like he's gonna wreck himself sooner than later...or you could just not risk it and move out

post craigslist ads about a gay orgy. to all that reply give his address

Is it just one flat per floor? What do others think, like the apt next door or better yet the floor below him?

You shouldn't be the only one hearing this... Why not talk to them first and get their thoughts, and make a collective decision.

Time to start retaliating. Pour an entire bottle of liquid fart spray on the carpet outside his place and slowly escalate it from there.

You have to move.

I like living out in the country cause you just aren't right on top of your neighbor and annoying each other. I used to live in an apartment so I know what you're going through.

Definitely move, or start secretly vandalizing his house and property.

post craigslist ads about a gay orgy. to all that reply give his address

If the neighbor turns them away a gay orgy is probably just gonna break out in the hallway and ts gonna have to listen to the entire thing. And someone always brings karaoke to those things

If the neighbor turns them away a gay orgy is probably just gonna break out in the hallway and ts gonna have to listen to the entire thing. And someone always brings karaoke to those things
I'd rather listen to dudes singing Gloria Gaynor than the sounds of buttfucking and Hot Carls and the like. Karaoke welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I have this neighbor who lives with his girl. They are always welcome to come over and let loose a little but they always just party poop and give off a super creepy serious vibe all of the time. They are really uptight and both seem like pimples 5 days past due for a pop.

The guy keeps watching me while im inside my house and keeps telling our neighbors I need to be evicted but in reality he doesn't know we all think he's a boring tool and maybe should smoke a little himself.

Follow these 5 simple steps.......

1. Hide silently in a bush.

2. Wear a mask.

3. When he walks by, emerge from the bush and put a potato sack over his head.

4. Kick him shitless until he stops screaming.

5. Go to your now peaceful home and rejoice about what you just did.

Follow these 5 simple steps.......

1. Hide silently in a bush.

2. Wear a mask.

3. When he walks by, emerge from the bush and put a potato sack over his head.

4. Kick him shitless until he stops screaming.

5. Go to your now peaceful home and rejoice about what you just did.
Reported for anti-Irish racisms.

In the past I have retaliated by putting my speakers on the floor and playing stupid fucking music on repeat from 4am to noon. 3 lions on the shirt worked good, just choose something really innane and mainstream.

Apologise to other neighbours for it in advance.

Do it the night of the disturbance.

Also buy earplugs for wearing when sleeping. They should eliminate the problem.

You've got to go one up. Be willing to go further. Or you leave.

I once toyed with disconnecting their power but it wasn't necessary in the end.

You go to his house during the day. Kick the door in. Take a baseball bat to his stereo, then take that baseball bat to one or both of his knees. I guarantee he'll never keep you awake at night again

Back