Gegard mousasi is the best striker in mw history,he would turn Anderson silva into a wrestler

Kyotaro is fun to watch though. He didn't need to be coddled by K-1 he was actually a good fighter on his own.

Did you ever watched kickboxing TS?

Mousasi beat a semi retired Musashi on his penultimate fight after he went 0-2 against National competition

Musashi was just a mid lvl guy who japan had to put all his hopes on him to become a big deal as a hometown hero at the HW division,this is why he received more than 10 robbery judging decisions,pretty much all his big wins are really huge bullshit

Kyotaro Fujimoto isnt a kickboxing legend and he isnt even close to be better than a PRIME Gohkan Saki,also his loss to Kyotaro was BS,but i doubt you ever saw it,you probably just looked records on wiki and started to supposed thing

Kyotaro best wins were:
- an extra round decision over mediocre Mighty mo(who was 0-4 before their fight)
- KO win over Manhoef
-KO win against 234 yr old past primed Peter Aerts

While Saki:

Bouzidi,Spong(KO),Kemayo(TKO),Ghita twice(1 KO),Karaev,Magomedov,past primed Sefo,Corbett

-------------------------------------------

Mousasi is amazing and probably a top 5 best MW striker but prime Anderson Silva still ahead him
"Do you watch boxing TS"
I do actually.
Semi retired musashi?still a great win
Mid level?How can a mid level beat roufus ray sefo, karave,mercer,greco?yea Bullshit decisions
Saki wasn't in his prime? He was on 18 fights wins streak before he lost to remy then won against bunk and spong.
Banner and musashi were all great wins(kyotaro)
And how is the gokhan win is bullshit?it was a close fight.he didn't get robbed.but I do agree that Gokhan resume is better.Saying he's not a legend is bit ridiculous

Last edited:
I do actually think Mousasi might well have beaten Anderson standing although of course he would have potential to out grapple him as well so I wouldn't be supprised if he went for takedowns. Against opponents who weren't panicing Silva's matrix like boxing simply vanished and when he did come forward he looked very hittable.

There is of course more to being a striker than beating other great strikers, Anderson was superb at exploiting his advantage against poor to decent strikers, definitely better than Mousasi at landing big counters.

tumblr_nvbl9wPa7B1upwz95o1_400.gif

"Muh stoic jab"

Mousasi sucks and is boring.

Can I ask who's your favourite fighter?
Is it Conor or Ronda?

I do actually think Mousasi might well have beaten Anderson standing although of course he would have potential to out grapple him as well so I wouldn't be supprised if he went for takedowns. Against opponents who weren't panicing Silva's matrix like boxing simply vanished and when he did come forward he looked very hittable.

There is of course more to being a striker than beating other great strikers, Anderson was superb at exploiting his advantage against poor to decent strikers, definitely better than Mousasi at landing big counters.

I agree.

God I love Mousasi fans.

It got sad when the Penn, Diaz and Rousey fans gave up. I am glad the Mousasi fanboys (Mooseknucklers?) Are here to hype up their underachiever to the moon and beyond.

Underachiever.. funny coming from some nobody on a forum. Didn't win a UFC belt so the UFC-only fan says he's no good. The usual.

:rolleyes:

God I love Mousasi fans.

It got sad when the Penn, Diaz and Rousey fans gave up. I am glad the Mousasi fanboys (Mooseknucklers?) Are here to hype up their underachiever to the moon and beyond.
Its cute, they act like hes the GOAT or something but he never beat an elite fighter in the UFC. Even his weidman win is shady as fuck

Underachiever.. funny coming from some nobody on a forum. Didn't win a UFC belt so the UFC-only fan says he's no good. The usual.

I think Mousasi IS an underachiever.

He has the skills to do much more than he has.

Shit, I love my brain too much to fight for a living. I leave that to the human cockfighters. But no one cares what I do! This is about Mousasi and his phenomenal abilities, which somehow never translate into wins against top MWs (except against the Ghost of Chris Weidman).

And hey...if The Moose is as good as his boosters say he is, what can you call him except an underacheiver? Since apparently he is better than Anderson Silva, despite never even managing to fight for a title in the UFC.

I mean, Mousasi is really good, he just isn't any better than like 5 other guys at MW who can (and usually do!) beat him on any given night. Basically he isn't Silva good, he isn't Jones good, he isn't GSP good, he isn't Fedor good. Hell, he isn't even Machida good.

Shit, I love my brain too much to fight for a living. I leave that to the human cockfighters. But no one cares what I do! This is about Mousasi and his phenomenal abilities, which somehow never translate into wins against top MWs (except against the Ghost of Chris Weidman).

And hey...if The Moose is as good as his boosters say he is, what can you call him except an underacheiver? Since apparently he is better than Anderson Silva, despite never even managing to fight for a title in the UFC.

I mean, Mousasi is really good, he just isn't any better than like 5 other guys at MW who can (and usually do!) beat him on any given night. Basically he isn't Silva good, he isn't Jones good, he isn't GSP good, he isn't Fedor good. Hell, he isn't even Machida good.
I agree with most of this,but in those final days,the UFC just didn't want him to receive a title shot,which was a reason of him leaving.

Anderson landing a massive strike like Hall is certainly possible and would be his best chance of winning IMHO, otherwise I favour a Mousasi decision.

I agree with most of this,but in those final days,the UFC just didn't want him to receive a title shot,which was a reason of him leaving.

Honestly Mousasi was so far down the list in terms of fighters who deserve a shot at the title when he left that I really don't see that as a factor.

Yoel and Jacare were rightfully ahead of him until Whittaker took them out, and Whittaker was obviously the most deserving after beating the two of them.

In a properly functioning MW division Mousasi was probably next in line or one win away from a shot, since he was on a pretty good win streak, but Bisping jammed it up so hard that I don't think anyone can justify Mousasi jumping straight into a title shot.

I want it to be clear that I don't blame Mousasi for jumping ship considering the shit show that the MW division has become. He will probably get to become champ now and jump back in for an immediate shot in a couple of years.

I want it to be clear that I don't blame Mousasi for jumping ship considering the shit show that the MW division has become. He will probably get to become champ now and jump back in for an immediate shot in a couple of years.
I hope so. Even if he doesn't always fight to his potential,i like him as a fighter and tune in to see his skills.

That guy from Bellator?... lol.

"Do you watch boxing TS"
I do actually.
Semi retired musashi?still a great win
Mid level?How can a mid level beat roufus ray sefo, karave,mercer,greco?yea Bullshit decisions
Saki wasn't in his prime? He was on 18 fights wins streak before he lost to remy then won against bunk and spong.
Soukup and musashi were all great wins(kyotaro)
And how is the gokhan win is bullshit?it was a close fight.he didn't get robbed.but I do agree that Gokhan resume is better.Saying he's not a legend is bit ridiculous

Had you ever watched these fights?

i bet no,you are only judging by what you look on his wikipedia

Saki prime started in early 2010,and he lost a controversial decision to Kyotaro

Kyotaro isnt legend,you never watched kicknboxing talking a big bullshit like this,a guy who had like less than 8 notable fights and half of them against semi retired guys shows how you dont now nothing about what you talk

Peter Aerts is a legend

Jerome Le Banner,Ernesto Hoost,Ray Sefo,Mike Bernardo,Alexey Ignashov,Francisco Filho,Remy Bonjasky,Semmy Schilt,Branko Cicatic,Sam Greco...These are kickoxing HW legends,stop talking about you dont have a clue and acting like you haves...

Kyotaro was good an a Japanese HW kickboxer countryman favorite like many others,Musashi,Masaki Satake,Noboaki Kakuda,Junichi.

A special unique talent. Reem, Gegard, now, a dear favourite of mine, the turkish rebel, always special in my heart for their victories, in that octagon and a K1 ring

A couple years back, this was actually a legitimate debate.....

When Mousasi won that grand prix and won like 9 fights in two years at MW with some of the top MWs on the international circuit....all while silva was messing around fighting LHWs to counterprogram fedor fights....

The silva vs mousasi debates were going strong back then.....im too lazy to look....sombody link an old thread....

EDIT: Holy crap, that was like 9 years ago.....didn't seem that long....

Last edited:
Back