A West Point Grad Wrote 'Communism Will Win' in His Cap

Lol, even Hitler, who was far from a military genuis, knew that Operation Sea Lion(the invasion of the UK)was a non starter as soon as the Luftwaffe got KTFO in Russia. Without air superiority, the Royal Navy and RAF would have sent the Kreigsmarine to the bottom of the Channel. Along with hundreds of thousands of Wehrmacht soldiers.

Hitler's plan was to wipe out Russia and then, with no allies left to us, hope we would negotiate a surrender. As military decisions go, this is up there with, "Let's prop up the South Vietnamese against the North. What's the worst that can happen?"

And remember this: your God Emperor is half-Scottish. So mind your manners, boy;)

Fixed it for you

The guy defaced his military (job-issued) attire to promote an ideology that we're historically in direct political conflict with? Sounds like dishonorable discharge material to me.

Sounds like outright sedition and treason to me.

Why do Brits love starving people? Wasn't it that during the Irish Potato Famine the Queen refuse to received foreign aid?

Anyway thanks for the reply and I will read more about this famine.

good-news.jpg

The English could have stepped in and stopped the famine. They could have provided food for the Irish, and purchased more potatoes from somewhere in Northwestern Europe (one of the Nordic States I believe?) but the Prime Minister at the time was concerned that doing so would artifically affect the markets and cause inflation, and that pure, unimpeded capitalism and an unhindered market where the only way to run a society, so they let people starve by the millions.

Fixed it for you

I'm afraid you didn't; the Battle of Britain lasted from 10th July to 31st October 1940. Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union, did not even begin until 22nd June 1941.

Not sure it rises to that level. If he supplied some foreign fucks info or something then yeah.

I would. Saying Communism "will win" implies that Democracy and Western Civilization will be defeated. He's doing and saying these things in uniform, at the West Point Graduation.

I'm afraid you didn't; the Battle of Britain lasted from 10th July to 31st October 1940. Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union, did not even begin until 22nd June 1941.

And Barbarossa was about 3 months shorter than the blitz on Britian and the Germans lost almost 8,000 more planes in that time.

I would. Saying Communism "will win" implies that Democracy and Western Civilization will be defeated. He's doing and saying these things in uniform, at the West Point Graduation.

I'm not familiar with how the military usually handles similar expressions on the part of soldiers. Personally I'd consider it enough to give the guy a dishonorable discharge. I don't see how prison is warranted and it's certainly not worthy of a death sentence.

And Barbarossa was about 3 months shorter than the blitz on Britian and the Germans lost almost 8,000 more planes in that time.

None of which changes the fact that the Battle of Britain, which took place almost a year earlier, was the deciding factor in the Nazi's decision to abandon any hope of invading the UK.

I'm not familiar with how the military usually handles similar expressions on the part of soldiers. Personally I'd consider it enough to give the guy a dishonorable discharge. I don't see how prison is warranted and it's certainly not worthy of a death sentence.

I honestly don't know that there has ever been anything like this, at least not anything so open and blatant, especially in a political climate like this, with us on the very real verge of war with a Communist Nation. This kid is a moron. I don't remember when I enlisted, but I know many police departments ask you outright on their application if you have any sort of ties to or allegiances to the Communist Party. The Government takes this sort of thing very, very seriously.

None of which changes the fact that the Battle of Britain, which took place almost a year earlier, was the deciding factor in the Nazi's decision to abandon any hope of invading the UK.

The Luftwaffe was far from dead after the Blitz. Much of Western History is frankly propoganda. Did the Germans "lose" and the English "win"? Not really. It was a stalemate that resulted in Hitler not wanting to waste more resources on England and diverting those resources into Russia, where they really did get "KTFO" as you put it. If not for his desire to invade Russia against all practical advice, the Luftwaffe may very well have done exactly what you suggested in the first post I responded to.

The Luftwaffe was far from dead after the Blitz. Much of Western History is frankly propoganda. Did the Germans "lose" and the English "win"? Not really. It was a stalemate that resulted in Hitler not wanting to waste more resources on England and diverting those resources into Russia, where they really did get "KTFO" as you put it. If not for his desire to invade Russia against all practical advice, the Luftwaffe may very well have done exactly what you suggested in the first post I responded to.

The Luftwaffe were unable to wipe out the RAF and therefor deliver air superiority. This is what Goering promised and failed to deliver. Without air superiority, any attempted crossing of the Channel would have been a massacre for the Germans, and even Hitler knew it. There was little point in continuing a war of attrition that, even had they "won", would have left the Luftwaffe crippled and useless. Even though they far outnumbered the RAF, the Luftwaffe took heavier casualties.

There's a wonderful story about an RAF Fighter Command Ace who was invited along with other veterans to attend a Luftwaffe pilot reuion in West Germany. Upon entering the main ball room, which was filled with Luftwaffe veterans, he exclaimed,

"God God - I had no idea we left so many of you bastards alive!"<45>

Technically to get an actual dishonorable discharge one must go to prison. It's a result of a special or general courts martial and carries a federal felony conviction with it.

What you are alluding to would be an other than honorable discharge

Technically to get an actual dishonorable discharge one must go to prison. It's a result of a special or general courts martial and carries a federal felony conviction with it.

What you are alluding to would be an other than honorable discharge

Then lock the commie up for a day just so he carries the stigma.

Then lock the commie up for a day just so he carries the stigma.

Little harder then that as courts martial have more defendant protections than normal civilian courts.

If you want easiest legal it would be a summary court with a bad conduct discharge.

I don't have the balls to ask his upper chain, but I have indication that they will probably go the quiet route. Something like tell him it seems he doesn't want to be in the Army, we will help you out and here is your bill for college.

Little harder then that as courts martial have more defendant protections than normal civilian courts.

If you want easiest legal it would be a summary court with a bad conduct discharge.

I don't have the balls to ask his upper chain, but I have indication that they will probably go the quiet route. Something like tell him it seems he doesn't want to be in the Army, we will help you out and here is your bill for college.

What??? How the fuck do those signing away their lives to Uncle Same get more protections than those Uncle Sam is supposed to fuckin' protect? Troubling. :(:D

What??? How the fuck do those signing away their lives to Uncle Same get more protections than those Uncle Sam is supposed to fuckin' protect? Troubling. :(:D

Because we can get charged with more?

Think of this, you decide not to go to work for a week and avoid calls from your boss in the civilian world. Worse that happens is you get fired.

Do that in the military, you're looking at possibly doing time depending on the charge.

Because we can get charged with more?

Think of this, you decide not to go to work for a week and avoid calls from your boss in the civilian world. Worse that happens is you get fired.

Do that in the military, you're looking at possibly doing time depending on the charge.

But that's not something that lands a civilian in court. Shouldn't you be comparing the rights of the accused as they pertain to criminal charges?

The Luftwaffe were unable to wipe out the RAF and therefor deliver air superiority. This is what Goering promised and failed to deliver. Without air superiority, any attempted crossing of the Channel would have been a massacre for the Germans, and even Hitler knew it. There was little point in continuing a war of attrition that, even had they "won", would have left the Luftwaffe crippled and useless. Even though they far outnumbered the RAF, the Luftwaffe took heavier casualties.

There's a wonderful story about an RAF Fighter Command Ace who was invited along with other veterans to attend a Luftwaffe pilot reuion in West Germany. Upon entering the main ball room, which was filled with Luftwaffe veterans, he exclaimed,

"God God - I had no idea we left so many of you bastards alive!"<45>

Agian, that makes for good Nationalistic propoganda, but it isn't true. Not by a long shot. The Luftwaffe in WWII had 6 Luftflottes, which translates roughly to "Air Fleets" and only 3 of those, Luftflottes 2,3 and 5 were involved in the battle of Britain. Luftflottes 2 and 5 then went on, with Luftflottes 1 and 4 to invade the Soviet Union as part of Operation Barbarossa barely 8 months later, with Luftflotte 2 (one of the units involved in the Battle of Britain) as the main force air element. That is a remarkably unusualy thing for a unit that had been supposedly destroyed over England not even a year previously to do.

Secondly, the Luftwaffe at the battle of Britain lost barely 200 more planes than the English, while inflicting nearly 100,000 casualties. The reality is that the real full fighting power of the Luftwaffe was never brought to bear on England because it was being saved for Barbarossa which was going to be a maximium effort operation. The entire Western Theater was little more than a side show to Hitler. The Soviet Union was the real enemy and the real fighting prowess of the Reich was being saved for that. So as I said before, Britain didn't really "win" a battle so much as Hitler realized the price of driving a decisive victory was not worth the cost in relation to the greater goal.

Luftflotte 3 stayed behind in France, responsible for the entire Western front of the war, from North Africa to Sicily, to Belgium. They were constantly sending experienced pilots and equipment East into Russia and for a while were even part of the fighting in Russia itself. By the time of the Normandy invasion it had 319 functioning aircraft.

As I said earlier, Western History is FULL of propaganda. This isn't the only subject, and you aren't the only person to repeat propaganda thinking it's real history. If you ever want to get into some real trippy propaganda and go all the way down the rabbit hole of just how much of our history is based off of propaganda, just study the Byzantine Empire some time.

Back