Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

V9f8qbM.png

That was a strange incident. I don't know why Vettel was passing on the cool down lap.

That was a strange incident. I don't know why Vettel was passing on the cool down lap.
Vettel's fault imo. Like the commentators said might have a gearbox change and that is a big deal.

Vettel's fault imo. Like the commentators said might have a gearbox change and that is a big deal.

Stroll did go off line but they always do after a race and there was no reason for Vettel to pass him when the race was over.

I wondered why Vettel took his steering wheel with him. I thought regulations require it to be put back on the car. Granted they weren't going to steer the car but rules are rules. They said he could be in trouble for riding back on the car especially when the safety car was right there.

It is also surprising that the Ferrari suffered so much damage while the Williams didn't appear to have any.

Was in sepang circuit 2 hrs ago. beer was expensive as fuck.

I thought they might not even sell it there. Everything is expensive in F1.
Well, I knew that coming in and expensive is a relative term but parting with $3.80 for a small can of heineken was a little bit upsetting.

That's cheap.
nfl-concession-prices-update.png
Malaysia, I think has one of the highest alcohol tax in the world along with singapore.

They can't jack up the prices like those in the US/Europe as they're a predominant muslim country and the buyers will be mostly tourists. Like less than 5% of the audience.

Bottas and Hamilton 3 tenths faster on the soft tires than everyone in practice 3 on super soft tires. Bottas takes an off track excursion and kisses the wall losing some carbon fiber. Raikkonen crashes hard.

Mercedes had changed he transmission in Bottas car so he faces a 5 spot penalty.

Hamilton with the pole and a new lap record. Bottas second and Vettel third but Vettel will move to the front row as Bottas drops 5 places.

Hamilton with the pole and a new lap record. Bottas second and Vettel third but Vettel will move to the front row as Bottas drops 5 places.

Destroyed the lap record. Lewis was flying. I wasn't expecting him to be .5 seconds faster than Vettle.

Vettel losing power falling back.

Vettel retires on lap 5.

Hamilton wins and takes a big lead in the championship. 59 points so he would need to finish in 5th place and one 4th finish if Vettel would win every race. Vettel could win the next two races and Hamilton fall out and Hamilton would still have a 9 point lead.

Man, Ferrari is violently shitting the bed.

It would take a colossal series of fuck ups for Hamilton to lose now.

I think Ferrari might have pushed to hard with the new upgrades.
A bit disappointing that it gets decided like this.
I would have liked Vettel to become champion. Not really a fan I don't don't think I can become a real fan again until Schamcher's son races in F1 :).

But I also have to give it to Hamilton. He was there 100% when it mattered and put on some beautiful racing all season Vettel as well.
I think its over now hoping for next season to be even better. F1 seems to be back on a good track with this season.

I think Ferrari might have pushed to hard with the new upgrades.
A bit disappointing that it gets decided like this.
I would have liked Vettel to become champion. Not really a fan I don't don't think I can become a real fan again until Schamcher's son races in F1 :).

But I also have to give it to Hamilton. He was there 100% when it mattered and put on some beautiful racing all season Vettel as well.
I think its over now hoping for next season to be even better. F1 seems to be back on a good track with this season.

Yeah if Renault PU gets even better we should see Mclaren and Red Bull in the fight as well. Last couple races they have been fast.

Back