Mgtow thread

Yeah, if you want to have a family with a traditional, conservative female...you're probably gonna have to marry her.

Also, MGTOW doesn't have to involve immaturity, fear, and removal from the dating pool. I view it as simply living your life in a manner that best suits you, and not just following the herd of sheep headed for slaughter. Thinking outside the box and not being concerned with societal expectations is a big part of that, also.

There's a big pill to swallow if you look at it that way. You have to acknowledge you're nothing special and not at the top of humanity and can not keep a woman because you're not an elite level example of your population.

It's a lot easier to say "f these girls, they're all whores!" When it's more like women will only be loyal to the top 20% of men within their population and I'm not even in the top 50%.

There's a big pill to swallow if you look at it that way. You have to acknowledge you're nothing special and not at the top of humanity and can not keep a woman because you're not an elite level example of your population.

It's a lot easier to say "f these girls, they're all whores!" When it's more like women will only be loyal to the top 20% of men within their population and I'm not even in the top 50%.

I think that is a broad stroke to paint though. Granted, a lot of MGTOW would fall under that category, but there are also a lot of men that can easily get and keep girls, but want to prioritize their own lives.

If I wanted to be married, I could easily be married before the end of 2017. It isn't hard at all.

I think that is a broad stroke to paint though. Granted, a lot of MGTOW would fall under that category, but there are also a lot of men that can easily get and keep girls, but want to prioritize their own lives.

If I wanted to be married, I could easily be married before the end of 2017. It isn't hard at all.

I thought getting married was considered the trap by their doctrine? I.E. It's easy to get there but hard to maintain without getting exploited in the long term.

This isn't truly a well established community based on an accepted thought process as far as I can tell. I may have it wrong.

I am more or less MGTOW for the following reasons:

1. Females of my generation ( my teen years were 2000-2005) were in to scum bags and wannabe gangsters. The impression I was left with was that, women of my generation have shitty taste and critical thinking skills.

2. Feminism, I am sick of it, you don't hear them bitching when they get the higher end of the stick on various advantages in life such as not getting drafted in war or not having or being expected to do shitty jobs.

3. Unfair dating expectation, when you say you don't like fat girls, people treat you like your the worse person in the world. But if a chick says she doesn't like short guys then its ok, there is nothing wrong with that, its considered a matter of taste.

4. Mentally weak, how many men do you know who are part of fat acceptance? Meanwhile women want to give up and throw in the towel while blaming their genetics or pretend to be beautiful and healthy.

5. Delusional thinking, many women who lack a sense of humor, looks and a physique or a proper job expect a man who has it all. Like why would a man of that caliber waste time with these type of women? At least be super hot....

6. Lastly and the most important point, the dating/marriage game is a rigged game that is designed for the female to prosper while the man suffers. I talked to a female divorce lawyer and it is a goddamn racket. The marriage laws were there to protect the house wives of 1940s who were nannies and home makers of their generation. They sacrificed an education to take care of their husband and the kids.

This means that the alimony was a FAIR protection system to defend the old school house wife from a parasitic opportunist of husband who were looking to ditch their wives. But we live in a different world, women work and hook up same as men. They are no longer the women of 1940s who are sacrificing their time and education to be a devoted wife. Therefore they are not entitled to anything.

I think it's less about being a loser with women, and more about not wanting the same type of life and relationships that everyone else has. Even the top-tier studs have lives filled with bullshit and quite often get dragged through the ringer. You see it all the time.

I thought getting married was considered the trap by their doctrine? I.E. It's easy to get there but hard to maintain without getting exploited in the long term.

This isn't truly a well established community based on an accepted thought process as far as I can tell. I may have it wrong.

I'm not too familiar with the community, just what I've seen on YouTube and forums like this. For example, my friend I mentioned earlier would def. be considered a hardcore MGTOW. He is a good looking guy with a well paying job and never had trouble with girls/relationships. He just married a psycho bitch who cheated and tried to kill him, then tried to destroy his life in court over the kids.

I think MGTOW is a combination of normal guys who got a shit deal in life, or guys who didn't have success with women to begin with.

I think it's less about being a loser with women, and more about not wanting the same type of life and relationships that everyone else has. Even the top-tier studs have lives filled with bullshit and quite often get dragged through the ringer. You see it all the time.
I'm suggesting being a top tier is not correlated with being a successful husband and that they're two distinct skill sets.

I'd say the top 75% of men can successful get married by being studly. While only the top 20% of men can maintain a healthy lifelong sexual relationship; and yes part of that is picking the right woman. Who knows if that twenty percent of men is inclusive to the 75% of men who are studly.

I'm not too familiar with the community, just what I've seen on YouTube and forums like this. For example, my friend I mentioned earlier would def. be considered a hardcore MGTOW. He is a good looking guy with a well paying job and never had trouble with girls/relationships. He just married a psycho bitch who cheated and tried to kill him, then tried to destroy his life in court over the kids.

I think MGTOW is a combination of normal guys who got a shit deal in life, or guys who didn't have success with women to begin with.

No disagreement. But don't be quick to equate success outside of marriage to being a successful husband. It's like saying Roger is a really successful person thus he must be an amazing gymnast.

I'm suggesting being a top tier is not correlated with being a successful husband and that they're two distinct skill sets.

I'd say the top 75% of men can successful get married by being studly. While only the top 20% of men can maintain a healthy lifelong sexual relationship; and yes part of that is picking the right woman. Who knows if that twenty percent of men is inclusive to the 75% of men who are studly.
Not good odds to create a happy marriage, no matter how you slice it! I'd like to see honest stats on how many married men are happy, faithful, and would do it all again. Seems like these days, if you're not the one playing then you're getting played. Somebody is getting over on the other. I'm not MGTOW, but I might be if I lived in the US.

Lets say someone is a bisexual and they swear off women but continue to pursue men, would that person be considered a MGTOW or is MGTOW about full on celibacy rather than just swearing off romantic relationships with women.

Lets say someone is a bisexual and they swear off women but continue to pursue men, would that person be considered a MGTOW or is MGTOW about full on celibacy rather than just swearing off romantic relationships with women.

MGTOW as I understand it can continue date and have sex but will not put themselves into a situation where they can be compromised by a sexual partner; the two easiest ways a man can become indebted to their partner is through marriage or child support.

MGTOW as I understand it can continue date and have sex but will not put themselves into a situation where they can be compromised by a sexual partner; the two easiest ways a man can become indebted to their partner is through marriage or child support.
Oh I see.

Yet there are people in this thread that think he should just move on and get back on the horse.. How in hell is he supposed to even look at another woman romantically after such a horrific, emotionally scarring event?
Let’s say you’re a firefighter who had a buddy burned alive on your last fire that you responded to.

Or you’re a police officer who had a fellow officer shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance call that went way south.

Or you’re a soldier who had his buddy ripped up and killed by an IED.

How do you go on after any of those? You realize that those are inherent risks, you put your shit aside, and just jump back in. Nothing else you can do, really.

What don't you agree with? and Why?
I suppose it’s the whole sad sap attitude many have. I’m only talking about the videos I have seen. Not really an expert on this MGTOW stuff, so I cannot say much on it besides that and that I think coupling is a huge part of the human experience.

It’s still an interesting take on how to live your life.

the narrative those communities push make zero sense... but hey, self empowerment is great as long as it doesnt create vitriolic interpretations of other people.

Let’s say you’re a firefighter who had a buddy burned alive on your last fire that you responded to.

Or you’re a police officer who had a fellow officer shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance call that went way south.

Or you’re a soldier who had his buddy ripped up and killed by an IED.

How do you go on after any of those? You realize that those are inherent risks, you put your shit aside, and just jump back in. Nothing else you can do, really.

Yea there is in the case of romantic entanglements. Take a step back and time to yourself and heal. I am amazed at how much people like you totally dismiss the pain those people have been subjected too. How do you expect a dude, to just go date another woman. How the hell is he going to know if this next one will be just like the last one or not? When he has spent years and untold amounts of money on her? Wasting months and years of his time with each one just trying to find one that wont be a sadistic harpy?

I suppose it’s the whole sad sap attitude many have. I’m only talking about the videos I have seen. Not really an expert on this MGTOW stuff, so I cannot say much on it besides that and that I think coupling is a huge part of the human experience.

It’s still an interesting take on how to live your life.
What do you mean by sad sap? I said it before a lot of those guys have been severely hurt, and should be in therapy. Doesn't it make sense then, if you are emotionally hurt to step away from the thing that is hurting you? It makes no sense to jump right into another relationship when you have not even recovered from the last one.

Yea there is in the case of romantic entanglements. Take a step back and time to yourself and heal. I am amazed at how much people like you totally dismiss the pain those people have been subjected too. How do you expect a dude, to just go date another woman. How the hell is he going to know if this next one will be just like the last one or not? When he has spent years and untold amounts of money on her? Wasting months and years of his time with each one just trying to find one that wont be a sadistic harpy?
Dude, save it. I was divorced. And you know what I did? I said to myself, “I lost years of my life to that bitch. Not another second.” I know it doesn’t seem like it, but let give you the best advice anyone can give you about baggage: Get. Fucking. Over it. Quit the pity party, get off your dead ass, and get back out there. Time will pass no matter what, so you can either live your life to the fullest or not. But if you choose not to, that is time you will never get back. Your chances for happiness may slip through your fingers, and you’ll only have yourself to blame. So what’s it gonna be?

To be cucked, you must be in a relationship. I'm single.

I saw her yesterday. If I wanted to have sex, the opportunity is there. I prefer to be friends right now.

I agree with this. For sure a bad marriage will motivate a guy to go his own way but there are reasons for it outside of marriage as well.

I'm interested in your comparison. I've never seen that movie (so correct me if I'm wrong), but my understanding that the premise is the main character having sex to get her 'groove' back. Mgtow is actually the opposite of this. Rather than focusing one's energy on seeking female validation, you free yourself to pursue your own interests instead.

That is a focus in this particular video, but I thinkthe point can be applied more broadly. Female validation and disapproval can manifest itself in more ways than just fashion suggestions.

Thanks, I will! Lol at the value judgement over the single life as being immature.

Thank you bro.
Mgtow is an acronym for men going their own way. It's a lifestyle that embraces being single and all of the benefits that go along with this rather than running the rat race of trying to be successful according to traditional societal standards of having a wife, 2.5 kids, house with white picket fence, etc.

If you want to date and pursue the traditional lifestyle you are free to do this and mgtow doesn't threaten anyone's ability to do so. Mgtow is just another option if you prefer spend your time and money on yourself rather than to please women.
I still don't fully get what this is, and I've heard about it for years.
Based on the above description, maybe that's almost my life, only I'm still hating life and waiting for a bear to come put me out of my misery*

*Orally**

**No homo

Back