NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Mario + Rabbids is waaaay better than I was expecting.

Stardew Valley this Thursday BOYEEE

I'll be holding off until multiplayer but when that comes out this will get my purchase (again). My wife and I have dumped a ton of time into that game, we've been waiting for co-op for a while.

I'll be holding off until multiplayer but when that comes out this will get my purchase (again). My wife and I have dumped a ton of time into that game, we've been waiting for co-op for a while.

How is that game and what is it about exactly?

How is that game and what is it about exactly?

Part farming simulator, part crafting sim. Some dungeon exploring, some RPG elements. The story synopsis is that your grandfather left you the family farm, so you head out to Stardew Valley to start a new life as a farmer. You can specialize in either agriculture or live stock, then you can start building equipment to improve profits (i.e. instead of just selling chicken eggs, build a mayo maker and turn the eggs into mayo for a higher profit).

If you've ever played Harvest Moon, there ya go. The crops cycles, figuring out profit margins, min-maxing, etc. gets really addicting.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and pick up Golf Story. For $15 it's an absolute steal. So much fun and such a charming game. It feels like a classic top down Zelda game but the dungeons are golf courses. I'm only around 5 hours in but absolutely loving everything about it. The gameplay is very addicting and pretty deep for an indie game. I really hope they release more content down the line, this is a game I could see myself always playing randomly.

Also great to finally get a Stardew Valley release date,and super soon too! Now if only we could get a Hollow Knight release date.

Part farming simulator, part crafting sim. Some dungeon exploring, some RPG elements. The story synopsis is that your grandfather left you the family farm, so you head out to Stardew Valley to start a new life as a farmer. You can specialize in either agriculture or live stock, then you can start building equipment to improve profits (i.e. instead of just selling chicken eggs, build a mayo maker and turn the eggs into mayo for a higher profit).

If you've ever played Harvest Moon, there ya go. The crops cycles, figuring out profit margins, min-maxing, etc. gets really addicting.

Seen pics of the game and yeah, Harvest Moon was the first thing I thought of.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and pick up Golf Story. For $15 it's an absolute steal. So much fun and such a charming game. It feels like a classic top down Zelda game but the dungeons are golf courses. I'm only around 5 hours in but absolutely loving everything about it. The gameplay is very addicting and pretty deep for an indie game. I really hope they release more content down the line, this is a game I could see myself always playing randomly.

Also great to finally get a Stardew Valley release date,and super soon too! Now if only we could get a Hollow Knight release date.

Gonna look into that game and yes, Hollow Knight is God Tier.

Gonna look into that game and yes, Hollow Knight is God Tier.

I can't wait for HK.

Also you need to unblock me from FB messenger. I finally started ranked in Splatoon 2 so we gotta team up again like the old days.

Bought Volgarr the Viking, Shovel Knight Treasure Cove and Stardew Valley. I didn't have any games yet so these are my first. Loving these indie games on the Switch and happy to see them do so well, we'll only get more.

Also question, but is the website blowing up all kinds of huge and zoomed in for anyone else.

THIS.

Anyone with this console who has even an inkling of classic gaming interest needs to get this game ASAP.

I'm about 10 hours in(yes, i was shocked at how big the game is considering) and im having loads of fun roaming round doing all the little challenges.

THIS.

Anyone with this console who has even an inkling of classic gaming interest needs to get this game ASAP.

I'm about 10 hours in(yes, i was shocked at how big the game is considering) and im having loads of fun roaming round doing all the little challenges.

Payday is this Friday. This and Phantom Trigger are my top choices. Severed is up there as well.

About 15 hours into Stardew Valley. The Switch has dominated my life in the past week between this and golf story - which I 100%’ed last weekend

Back