SNES Classic

So does anybody know when I'll be able to buy one of these?

I feel like I've been reading about them forever, why can't I log onto Amazon and buy one?

Apparently they're going to continue making these, as well as re-releasing the nes classic next year, hopefully along with the n64 classic.

Apparently they're going to continue making these, as well as re-releasing the nes classic next year, hopefully along with the n64 classic.

So the time to buy them, for now, already came and went?

Every time I checked Amazon, which was like on the daily, it said they were sold out. How did people buy them?

Maybe. There's no way for me to tell. Maybe if I got amnesia and then played and compared Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World which would I prefer? Because right now in my personal opinion I'd go with SMB3 any day of the week, but that opinion is influenced by 27 years of nostalgia and fond memories, compared to no memories whatsoever of SMW other than fucking around with it on an emulator maybe 10-12 years ago.

Sucks to be you. SNES is the GOAT console and you missed out on some truly legendary titles. It's true it might be to late for you as you suggest, some games really don't age well.

The SNES classic though has some games that will always be special. Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, ALTTP. Timeless.

You should give it another chance. Try all the titles there has to be something in there you like.

Every time I checked Amazon, which was like on the daily, it said they were sold out. How did people buy them?

I pre ordered mine months ago. I'd guess knowing Nintendo, wave 2 will be around November.

Sucks to be you. SNES is the GOAT console and you missed out on some truly legendary titles. It's true it might be to late for you as you suggest, some games really don't age well.

The SNES classic though has some games that will always be special. Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, ALTTP. Timeless.

You should give it another chance. Try all the titles there has to be something in there you like.

I wasn't suggesting that I wouldn't give it a try, or return it or sell it. I fully intend to play through Super Mario World, Castlevania IV, Super Metroid and Zelda, among a few others. I was just saying that playing it didn't evoke the same feelings that the NES classic did for me.

I'm hoping that like the NES classic people will figure out how to hack it so I can add Turtles in Time.

I wasn't suggesting that I wouldn't give it a try, or return it or sell it. I fully intend to play through Super Mario World, Castlevania IV, Super Metroid and Zelda, among a few others. I was just saying that playing it didn't evoke the same feelings that the NES classic did for me.

I'm hoping that like the NES classic people will figure out how to hack it so I can add Turtles in Time.

Dude.

You can spend a few minutes and adds TONS of SNES games to your phone and or laptop...etc.

I'm loving this thing. Just wish they had Super Mario All Stars. I hope all you bros get one..

It's definitely an item that helps to have your rose colored glasses on. I never played Super Ghouls n Ghosts and dunno if I will. Looks awful and dated but I am sure if I played it back in it's heyday I would have appreciated it more.

What are 5 other games that are must have or a game you would take out to add one?

I would take out Kirby's dream course or super GnG.

Would add

Chrono Trigger (arguably the GOAT game)
Final Fight ( need a good beat em up)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (another awesome fighter with SF2. Huge roster)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (best DKC game)
Final Fantasy IV (another GOAT JRPG)

It's definitely an item that helps to have your rose colored glasses on. I never played Super Ghouls n Ghosts and dunno if I will. Looks awful and dated but I am sure if I played it back in it's heyday I would have appreciated it more.

What are 5 other games that are must have or a game you would take out to add one?

Would add

If I could add some games to it I would add Turtles in Time, Mortal Kombat II, Rock n Roll Racing, Chrono Trigger (never played but want to see what the hype's all about), and maybe NHL 94.

If I could add some games to it I would add Turtles in Time, Mortal Kombat II, Rock n Roll Racing, Chrono Trigger (never played but want to see what the hype's all about), and maybe NHL 94.

I was thinking rock n roll racing or stunt race fx but there are already 2 racing games on the system. Its hard to justify more when racing games of that era were rather primitive and rudimetary.

Chrono Trigger
Mario All Stars
NBA Jam
Turtles in Time
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Just go to Best Buy's website, make note of the SKU 5919830, then call them every week and enter the SKU to see if it's in stock. I keep reading Nintendo learned their lesson and is going to keep selling this until next year. Maybe they learned money is good and selling what people want to buy makes them money.

I just saw Amazon has a ton of 3rd party douchebags selling it for at least $100 over the regular price.

Last edited:
Better off emulating these games.

Would add

Was sad to see DKC2 isn't on it. Tbh it's a great game, and one of my all time favs.

But at least they have yoshis island. Fukkin love yoshis island lol. I still gotta get the game for my actual SNES. So it's a good bonus that I can still play it without actually having the game

Better off emulating these games.
giphy.gif

Chrono Trigger
Mario All Stars
NBA Jam
Turtles in Time
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Never played chrono trigger. Might see if I can get hold of out for my actual snes. Would have been awesome to have the others on it though, especially zombies. That's one of the snes goats.

i still buy og systemswhen i can, take your emulators an just sit down. nothing beats the glorious days

Honestly, what is the interest in the systems? Obviously, not the games.

Back