Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of articles lately that pretty much confirm my belief that McGregor vs Diaz 3 was the original plan. However, apparently Diaz is holding strong to his $20 million demand for the 3rd fight. McGregor has stated a couple times now that Diaz is pricing himself out of the 3rd fight with those demands.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/uf...r-Nate-Diaz-Trilogy-Fight-Pay-Demand-UFC-News

"Diaz is there, Nathan is there. He's sitting there, [...] But if he starts pricing himself out of an event, then I probably will defend against the winner of this interim belt or someone along that line to kind of legitimise it again."

Interesting that Diaz would potentially jeopardize this payday wish such insane demands. I did see a Diaz interview a month or so ago saying he wouldn't fight for less than $20 million dollars... but that sounded like his older brother Nick putting ideas in his head.

Clearly McGregor is going to command at least $20-30 million for this fight... and the UFC probably cannot afford to pay the two fighters a combined $50 million+. I'd say Diaz should take the 5-10 million he can get for the fight and count his lucky stars. The fight will like do 2 million PPV buys, and it will be his biggest payday yet. He should take the money and then retire.

Ufc can afford to pay $50mil

Can't blame him for asking for that, but I think we all knew he wasn't going to get it.

giphy.gif

The UFC is not gonna give Nate his 20 million dollar demand

Good. Real title fights should happen

Ya, funny enough all the people hating on McGregor vs Diaz 3 might actually get their wish. Nick and Nate are such strange guys. Sometimes they complain that they hate fighting and they hate the UFC, then they're complaining that they can't get the fights they want. Nick is offered the fight of his life, which probably pays him more than his previous career combined, and he balks at it.

Strange stuff. But they wouldn't be the Diaz bros without this stuff I guess.

God I hope this fight doesn't happen.

From the sounds of the interviews, it's done deal if Nate comes down to the 5-10 million dollar range. (The actual pay would of course depend on PPV buys)

Oh dear, what ever will I do if they deprive me of the fight I've already seen twice

Lol

Not even conor will get 20 from the ufc

not buying. the second fight was enough for me. nate wont come close to winning this bout

and i didnt care to see the 2nd either.

Didn't Nate get like 10 mill for the rematch?

I'd say they can afford to pay him a little more for the trilogy.

Not that I actually WANT the trilogy to happen at this stage, but just sayin.

Lol

Not even conor will get 20 from the ufc

Conor will get 20 million, possibly more depending on the PPV buys. He's going to get more PPV points than any fighter previously has commanded. This is because he's a guaranteed payday for the UFC. They WILL make money off of him. And he's in a position to sit back and wait until his demands are met.

The more they can get him fighting, the more money they make. So if he agrees to fight 3 times in the next year, then he gets whatever PPV % the UFC can stomach.

good thing i dont want to see this crap...fight legit competition you fuckin duck

Mcgregor will fight the winner of Ferguson vs. Lee this is just smoke screen bullshit and to be honest people are getting tired of this. I agree Mcgregor vs. Diaz III is money and will be a great fight but now i think he has something to prove to people. Fighting the number 1 contender is what people want to see he even eluded to it in that press conference PPV in Glasgow.

Conor is just trying to negotiate so he doesn't have to fight a real contender.

Didn't Nate get like 10 mill for the rematch?

I'd say they can afford to pay him a little more for the trilogy.

Not that I actually WANT the trilogy to happen at this stage, but just sayin.

From what I heard Nate Diaz got like ~ 3.75 million dollars for the rematch. 2 million guaranteed pay, plus PPV points. I heard he got $1 per PPV buy, which would be around 1.75 million, but it could have been 50 cents per buy. The UFC didn't disclose the PPV point numbers.

Back