Cuphead: The game you might have heard of 5 years ago finally has a release date!

Great game... looking for extra lives cheat already.

Old school fun.

I gotta say it's kinda funny how gamers went from "You died in Meat Boy? Psh nub" to bragging about dying 500+ times in Cuphead.

I don't think super meat boy kept track of how many deaths you've had, cuphead does.

As for buying the game for kids it's probably a bit much for really young children tbh, but hell if they want the challenge I say go for it. It's worth having a bash just for the a cappella and awesome visuals.

Yup that’s Cuphead lol

Yup the game is almost entirely boss fights and it's a case of trial and error until you get the patterns down. If you're not looking for that sort of thing definitely give it a miss.

Just bought it on steam following this thread.

Ready to die, motherfuckers!

EDIT: Fuck, this shit is hard.

Last edited:
Played co-op at a friends house a few days ago, such good fun.

We got to the 2nd world, probably the most fun i've had playing local co op in years.

Made it to the second island today.

I guess the game will get a lot harder there.

The first Island was doable except for that fucking flower, lol.

As for buying the game for kids it's probably a bit much for really young children tbh, but hell if they want the challenge I say go for it. It's worth having a bash just for the a cappella and awesome visuals.

I was thinking it might be too difficult for kids, but then I remember all the stupid hard games I played to death as kid. Megaman comes to mind.

I think kids might actually have more patience for a game like this.

I have the feeling that the airplane bosses are a bit easier compared to the regular levels, no?

Super fun game.

cuphead_booze_2.0.gif

I have the feeling that the airplane bosses are a bit easier compared to the regular levels, no?

Super fun game.

cuphead_booze_2.0.gif
For me not at all I have died the most on the airplane bosses they are most of my deaths even tho. I was stuck for 2days on the robot and mermaid airplane bosses on island 3 even though I knew the patterns I'd still get hit their attacks

For me not at all I have died the most on the airplane bosses they are most of my deaths even tho. I was stuck for 2days on the robot and mermaid airplane bosses on island 3 even though I knew the patterns I'd still get hit their attacks
Yeah, it might be because I love these sides scrolling shoot em ups. Experience in these games help apparently, haha.

I‘m not on island 3 though, so I shouldn’t brag about anything.

I find the run and gun levels super tough.

I was thinking it might be too difficult for kids, but then I remember all the stupid hard games I played to death as kid. Megaman comes to mind.

When I was 12, I knew, just KNEW that Mega Man X cheated. Same for Earthworm Jim, that fucker.

Not anymore, my nephew has the attention span of a housecat, and he's one of the good ones. Games have gotten too easy, they have no patience for the difficulty. That's why I appreciate these beautiful nightmares, they take me back to the days when you felt accomplished when you completed a level.

The 3rd phase of the frog men when they turn into a slot machine is amazing! That's easily my favourite mechanic in the game so far.

this game is great.

that feeling when you first try a level and think 'how in god's name will i ever beat this' and then the feeling of success when, after dozens of attempts, you beat it.

I'm glad I bought this game cause I was checking out a couple streamers and would have accidentally spoiled the whole thing for myself. It is short, but pretty deep because of the expert mode. Really reminds me of a lot of games I played on the SNES.

Fuck these motherfucking penguins on the roller coaster! Necrophilic pieces of shit, I hate them!

Huzzah! Fuck that clown and his stupid penguins!

RIL1z34.jpg

Megaman 1 was retarded

I'm glad I bought this game cause I was checking out a couple streamers and would have accidentally spoiled the whole thing for myself. It is short, but pretty deep because of the expert mode. Really reminds me of a lot of games I played on the SNES.

Act Raiser 2 i remember being obsessed with that game as a kid, i remember that at first i thought it was hard and couldnt get past a few stages, but then i also remember that eventually i could easily finish the game on hard without dying much.

The i tried to play it a few years ago on an emulator, and damn the game is hard.

The controls of that game though, they are pretty damn good, so if you like well designed hard games, give it a try, it aged well.

Back