Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by how active he has been lately, this will be his 8th fight since November. He was only averaging about 2 fights a year from 2012 until the end of 2016.

yeah i haven't checked up on him in a while, but it's good to see him staying active and having success. he's sort of similar to otsuka in that he can't seem to win the big fights, but he's a very good fighter.

Also Hatsu Hioki vs Hiroyuki Takaya in a rematch 14 years in the making was announced for Pancrase 290.
another great fight.

Now that Cory Feldman (ufc) has officially been deaded by Rich Franklin,
3889206042.png
and steroids , Deep can once again be Deep. Prepare your
djbana11.png
..... Finally JMMA can begin again.. This shit aint Squirrels !!!

Last edited:
3889206042.png
djbana11.png

I look at that salmon and think just how Deep can it go? Real Deep I'm sure. And if it ain't going Deep, it's getting slammed on a Friday night. 10 points Deep salmon. JMMA is back and doing the hustle better than ever.

3889206042.png
djbana11.png
finally deep can get back 2 deep
riichi-242158.gif

Shu's GRANDSLAM is back.

Michinori Tanaka returns for the first time post-UFC to take on recent Pancrase title challenger, Rafael Silva. ZST BW champ Go Kashiwazaki fights for the first time in a year since suffering his first career loss. He takes on GRACHAN BW champ Tomohiko Hori. The 3rd bout announced has former PXC Lightweight champ, Chuji Kato, fighting for the first time in 3 years due to various injury issues.

Shu's GRANDSLAM is back.

Michinori Tanaka returns for the first time post-UFC to take on recent Pancrase title challenger, Rafael Silva. ZST BW champ Go Kashiwazaki fights for the first time in a year since suffering his first career loss. He takes on GRACHAN BW champ Tomohiko Hori. The 3rd bout announced has former PXC Lightweight champ, Chuji Kato, fighting for the first time in 3 years due to various injury issues.
Great card so far, Tanaka needs 1,2 wins and get his ass back to the UFC.

I don't think the stream showed the full event, either had a second cage or a ton of fighters dropped out, but I got most of the results and all of the champions for the 24th All Japan Amateur Shooto Championships

Some clips
Shohei Nose (Featherweight champion), one of the two that impressed me most

Takuma Taisho (Strawweight champion), the other one that impressed me a lot

Shunji Kimura (Strawweight runner-up)

Hikaru Aono (Women's Strawweight champion), I was impressed by her physical power

Yoko Higashi (Women's Featherweight champion), I liked her use of lesser seen wrestling techniques (in MMA anyways). Also that she wasn't shy with her strikes, even if they weren't exactly technically sound

Yuki Ogura (Bantamweight semifinalist)

The last few posts in this thread confused the shit out of me..7

then i realised i was in Jmma discusion ghread, not Wmma discussion thread.

as you were

Pancrase announced a talent share partnership with Invicta earlier in their event tonight. Brought Takayo Hashi and this year's women's Featherweight All Japan Amateur Shooto champion, Yoko Higashi, into the cage for it.

Well, Hioki losing sucks but Takaya coming back is insane.

Hioki needs a year off to help his brain recover. Just do a bunch of grappling seminars and shit.

Hioki needs to get back to what works. Clinch, takedown, grappling wizardry, quit these wild brawls where he stands flat footed with his chin in the air.

Pancrase announced a talent share partnership with Invicta earlier in their event tonight. Brought Takayo Hashi and this year's women's Featherweight All Japan Amateur Shooto champion, Yoko Higashi, into the cage for it.

Hope this somehow just leads to Hamasaki fighting in Pancrase, and Murata fighting Invicta people.

Jewels/Invicta relationship didn't evolve into much, but Pancrase is more willing to fly in overseas fighters it seems.

Hioki needs to get back to what works. Clinch, takedown, grappling wizardry, quit these wild brawls where he stands flat footed with his chin in the air.

There was nothing flat-footed about the Takaya knockout.

Hope this somehow just leads to Hamasaki fighting in Pancrase, and Murata fighting Invicta people.

Jewels/Invicta relationship didn't evolve into much, but Pancrase is more willing to fly in overseas fighters it seems.
Hamasaki vacated the Invicta Atomweight Belt and left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back