Unshakable feeling this world is imaginary

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't shake the feeling that we live in a simulated reality. I don't think anything around us is real.

I don't think this in a mentally ill way, like in a disassociated way. I think about it in a mathematically proven way.

Like we will make simulations, and those simulations will have simulations in them. They will branch out like a binomial tree. So, the odds of this not being a simulation are 1/n where n is a limit approaching infinity. That's 0%. Of course, n would actually just be a really, really large number. The limit is just an approximation but the point still stands.

I just can't get that fact out my head. I don't know whether I exist higher up and I'm plugged in here or if I'm just an entity in this simulation. But it's all fucking fake, man.

Knowing that, how can people be content living their life just making money, fucking, and having kids? How can you not want to find out all you can about our simulation -- what it is, who made it, what are its rules, etc?

It's called schizophrenia.

You should come up with a simulation type theory (call it what you will). Science will want to dig into this.

In reality, there may well be many completely natural layers to life and consciousness. You call the extra layers "simulation", others explain through religious narrative. It's all very possible and likely, though the cohesive continuation of my life or yours into an alternative reality beyond death in this reality seems pretty unlikely given the complexity and number of options available.

Last edited:
Unshakable feeling your conclusion is imaginary

can you give me your dealer's number?

Well it is..
I can pm you my paypal account and you can transfer all your imaginary assets to me. I will bare all the sins.

Hit yourself in the thumb with a hammer, that will convince you the world is real once again

Sounds like you have a bit of the BPD

A brain in a vat.

Why would the programmers write simulations for Justin Bieber or someone as evil as Yoko Ono, or Hillary Clinton? The whole "Matrix" idea is flawed and kind of dumb, imo.

Have been thinking about this recently . . .

Now, I know this might be/will be scoffed at, BUT, bear with me . . .

This is from Colossians 1:15-17 (talking about Jesus), "15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

The last phrase I bolded. That's from the King James Version. The NIV says, "in him all things hold together."

Anyway, there's been some Mandela effect going on in my life over a couple of things that I don't want to get into too far. But it's caused me to think, recently, that maybe, just maybe, everything we experience is our own personal set of circumstances for us to overcome, to choose the right over wrong etc. It's a bit convoluted, but, going back to the verse I posted, it's saying that all things hold together by Jesus. Hebrews 1:3 (KJV) says a similar thing: "3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:"

Here's an article from a Christian website on this (more or less):

http://www.khouse.org/articles/1997/60/

Bottom line, is even if you think all of what I tentatively posted is the ultimate in hog-wash, all I'm saying is that what the TS is saying about a giant simulation is kind of ringing true to me. Again, over a few Mandela type issues I've had that I won't go into detail over. Also, I've had a lot of crazy, crazy dream experiences and otherwise (out of body maybe) that sort of lead me to question what is going on.

I can't shake the feeling that we live in a simulated reality. I don't think anything around us is real.

I don't think this in a mentally ill way, like in a disassociated way. I think about it in a mathematically proven way.

Like we will make simulations, and those simulations will have simulations in them. They will branch out like a binomial tree. So, the odds of this not being a simulation are 1/n where n is a limit approaching infinity. That's 0%. Of course, n would actually just be a really, really large number. The limit is just an approximation but the point still stands.

I just can't get that fact out my head. I don't know whether I exist higher up and I'm plugged in here or if I'm just an entity in this simulation. But it's all fucking fake, man.

Knowing that, how can people be content living their life just making money, fucking, and having kids? How can you not want to find out all you can about our simulation -- what it is, who made it, what are its rules, etc?

Props for discussing limits in Mayberry, but -

In any of these simulations, does Superpunch know what "proven" and "fact" mean?

And what can you do about it? Simulated or not, there's not much you can do but try to enjoy your life as much as you can.

This is from Colossians 1:15-17 (talking about Jesus), "15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

The last phrase I bolded. That's from the King James Version. The NIV says, "in him all things hold together."

Anyway, there's been some Mandela effect going on in my life over a couple of things that I don't want to get into too far. But it's caused me to think, recently, that maybe, just maybe, everything we experience is our own personal set of circumstances for us to overcome, to choose the right over wrong etc. It's a bit convoluted, but, going back to the verse I posted, it's saying that all things hold together by Jesus. Hebrews 1:3 (KJV) says a similar thing: "3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:"

Bottom line, is even if you think all of what I tentatively posted is the ultimate in hog-wash, all I'm saying is that what the TS is saying about a giant simulation is kind of ringing true to me. Again, over a few Mandela type issues I've had that I won't go into detail over. Also, I've had a lot of crazy, crazy dream experiences and otherwise (out of body maybe) that sort of lead me to question what is going on.
Are you saying we are the Christian Gods lab rats?

Are you saying we are the Christian Gods lab rats?

Maybe.

But I don't think it's that much of a stretch for anyone to consider that. Joe Rogan talks sometimes about infinite number of universes where basically his twin could be existing simultaneously. Not saying that's true, but I think people are considering things such as simulations being a reality. Like what the TS mentioned for instance.

And what can you do about it? Simulated or not, there's not much you can do but try to enjoy your life as much as you can.
Pretty much this. Even if you some how break out of the simulation how do you know that the simulators didn't program you to think you broke out?

Last edited:

You can have your own personal ideas about the world.

It is crystal clear though that the Christian tradition states that the world IS real, God made it, and it is good. The scriptures you quoted do not in any way state the world is not real.

This is one of the MAIN differences between Christianity and eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism which do hold to the illusory nature of physical existence to varying degrees. Christian tradition on the other hand has ALWAYS held that the created world is real, not illusory and a part of our permanent existence.

Orthodox Christianity sees humanities vocation as one of uniting within our consciousnesses the entirety of the heavenly and angelic dimensions with the whole of the physical universe. Our job is the be the very center of that.

Back