Hate to say it but Tony is an easy fight for Conor

How are we suppose to have a serious discussion when you say things like that?
What makes Conor so great? Because he beat Eddie Alvarez and is 1-1 (0-1-1 IMO) against Nate Diaz? People talk about him like he's a some world beater when he got choked the fuck out by the same Nate Diaz that got absolutely tooled by both Benson Henderson and RDA and got KTFO by Josh Thomson. Conor got gifted a title shot against the weakest LW champion of the last 5 years.

That's the same eveyr fight. Every lightweight that gets tagged ONCE in a fight, people say Conor would KO them.

is like they expect that the only way to beat Conor is to get in a fight and not get punched at all, not even once. It doesn't matter if they recover well and turn it around, if they get rocked, people instantly assume that if Conor threw the punch he would've knocked them out.

Same old shit. Stupid argument that only fanboys bring up. Each fight is a different history. For all i know, Tony could knock Conor the fuck out getting tagged or not. It's fucking MMA. And Conor's aura is wearing out, soon he'll be beaten convincingly. Even his fans feel that.

C'Mon Man, they call it the "Touch of Death of Death" even if he misses with it the wind it creates it's smelling salt and video replay for you to show you what happened.

Why Conman keep Tonys name out of his yap then if so easy?

This would be Tony's easiest fight in a awhile. Tony would take him down at will and so what if Tony gets caught? You think Conman will follow him to the ground? I think not. Conman doesnt have power to KO Tony who's been head kicked by RDA, Barboza etc.

What makes Conor so great? Because he beat Eddie Alvarez and is 1-1 (0-1-1 IMO) against Nate Diaz? People talk about him like he's a some world beater when he got choked the fuck out by the same Nate Diaz that got absolutely tooled by both Benson Henderson and RDA and got KTFO by Josh Thomson. Conor got gifted a title shot against the weakest LW champion of the last 5 years.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

cb6fcc5007d06c464f665acea714d91e.gif

aldo.gif

animation-3-1.gif

Stockton-slap-response.gif

W4i5qi.gif

untitled-10y1s0w.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

LimpingSizzlingBongo-size_restricted.gif

hands.jpg

tumblr_nz3twbNywn1ueherho1_400.gif

He is hittable but not a quitter like like conor so if he can survive he'll get the win.

And really, it's not like conor is some defensive god - the guy is just as hittable and who knows how his chin will react after floyd used his face for a punching bag, had him slurring and babbling and put on the forced no contact by the doctors.

Lol you don't need takedowns as good as Mendes to get Conor to the ground.

Tony is closer to Conor in striking than McGregor is to him in grappling. He's also tougher(mentally and physically), bigger, and has way better cardio.

If Tony fights defensively, Conor wouldn’t gas. Conor doesn’t gas for no reason. He’s gassed when he is overly aggressive or taken big shots. Tony can’t just sit back and wait for Conor to gas just because the clock is ticking.

I didn't say he'd just sit back. I said he'll be aware of Conor going for power shots early and fight accordingly. Nate doesn't have any wrestling either but Ferguson does.

..But I don’t think Tony can land enough strikes on Conor to create a scramble to get it to the mat and Tony doesn’t have the wrestling to take it to the ground either.
Dude all he has to do is old school Big Nog pretend to get Ko'd McGregor pounces and he pulls him into his guard no? Tony Ferg doesn't have to land 1 punch, just avoid getting ko'd

If tony can survive the first 2 rounds (which I think he can because he has a granite chin) he's going to fk Conor up. Either knock him the fuck out, or drop him and then make Conor quicktap.

He’s way too hittable and wild. Conor’s striking is so accurate, Tony would be a punching bag. Unless Tony develops a blast double at the level of a Chad Mendes, easy win for Conor.

Good then Conor should have no problem accepting that fight, and putting the speculation to rest.

Thanks for the great convo fellas. I liked the arguments on both sides. I really do want to see this fight and although I think this is a bad matchup for Tony (I’m the TS btw) but oj fight night I’ll he rooting for Tony. I’m just making ky prediction based on what I’ve seen of their abilities, their styles, and what they have been able to do in the past.

Oh I guess Conor doesn't need to fight him then

Thanks for cleaning that up, you fucking moron

What a useless pointless post. And two people liked it also? SMH. You couldn’t at least say why you disagree? And I’m the moron?

At least I gave my opinion of how a fight would play out and my prediction. I answered everyone who disagreed with me a reply.

Conor's got 2 rounds.

Then Tony takes him into deep water.

I'm a fan of both, and I'm favouring Tony currently in this matchup. Conor doesn't have good habits when he starts getting tired, nor does he have a style that allows him to consistently provide offense when he's gassed.

Tony would do nasty things if (when) he gets top as well.

Conor doesn’t have a good habits when he starts to tire? Maybe not in the first Diaz fight but he obviously adjusted because he went 5 rounds in the rematch even though he supposedly was gassed by the second round. Sounds more like he evolved and learned from fight 1 to the rematch.

That's the same eveyr fight. Every lightweight that gets tagged ONCE in a fight, people say Conor would KO them.

is like they expect that the only way to beat Conor is to get in a fight and not get punched at all, not even once. It doesn't matter if they recover well and turn it around, if they get rocked, people instantly assume that if Conor threw the punch he would've knocked them out.

Same old shit. Stupid argument that only fanboys bring up. Each fight is a different history. For all i know, Tony could knock Conor the fuck out getting tagged or not. It's fucking MMA. And Conor's aura is wearing out, soon he'll be beaten convincingly. Even his fans feel that.

Dude, Tony didn’t get tagged just once last night. Kevin was landing pretty good on Tony, with pretty basic punches and kicks. Conor’s striking will be like Matrix level shit compared to what Kevin Lee was throwing.

Why Conman keep Tonys name out of his yap then if so easy?

This would be Tony's easiest fight in a awhile. Tony would take him down at will and so what if Tony gets caught? You think Conman will follow him to the ground? I think not. Conman doesnt have power to KO Tony who's been head kicked by RDA, Barboza etc.

“Taken down at will”? Lol. When has Tony ever shown great takedown skills. Not scrambles, but takedowns? And...Who has taken Conor down easily other than Chad Mendes (and Tony is light years behind Chad in takedowns)?

Good then Conor should have no problem accepting that fight, and putting the speculation to rest.

I’m with ya. I wanna see the the belts get unified but if you haven’t been paying attention, it appears Conor now gets to pick his opponents. Not just Conor, it’s spreading to other guys with leverage too. This isn’t the same UFC anymore.

He does have horrible defense when he forgets how to jab, but other than that, he is Conor's biggest threat outside Lee and Khabib.

If Tony is the biggest threat outside of Lee and Khabib, that sets him back pretty far actually because you gotta put Nate ahead of Tony too then because Nate actually beat him once. So now Tony becomes the forth bigges threat im the division. Is that even a compliment?

Tony is like a cocaine Nate. He is a better, well rounded, more agressive and durable fighter who talks smack and gets into his opponent's head. If Conor can't land a finishing blow early then Tony's pace will gas Conor fast like he always does and drown.

Back