Columbus statue covered up in LA, Columbus Day removed and replaced by Indiginous Peoples Day

Should Columbus Day be removed and replaced with Indigenous Peoples Day?

• Total voters
This in my opinion is the best article ever written on Zinn:

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1493

Ah. Of course. History is actually ment to serve a social aim. It's meant to be manipulated and twisted to fit your agenda and not to be objectively and honestly recorded for posterity.

And this here is the key. I challenge any of you goofballs who are touting this work as some piece of actual, objective history to go an read Zinn's interpretations of events that have taken place of the last 25 years and see the utter bullshit light they are presented in. I bet none of you have the courage to actually do that.

You know that when hipsters don't like the message they attack the messenger right?

I mean to actually read, especially if you're getting red-pilled every paragraph, takes thought and effort. Not only that, it finally dawns on the reader if they keep going they will no longer be one of the cool kids, and that's the worst possible outcome of all.

Last edited:
No, he was exonerated. This happened between his third and fourth crown sponsored voyages to the New World.

No, Columbus was removed as governor after his third voyage.

About 2/3 of my post reek of that. That's how my preferred mode of communication. I notice you and Homer aren't rushing to answer the question though? Some have and done a pretty solid job of it, but not you two... Oh, I wonder why, I wonder why...

So you expect people to engage you on a genuine level when you openly admit to posting in a snobbish, egocentric manner?

Sincere conversation is a two-way street. I don't march to your orders, so get off your high horse.

No, you were complaining saying that you wished you could escape people making statements either way politically. But I only see you post in threads like this taking a certain side. It really looks like you're incapable of being honest about what you actually think and feel, hiding behind a facade of impartiality.
Freely admit I'm not impartial on everything. Also, it's an opinion. Kinda what the whole point of the forum is. No one here maintains strict neutrality. Doesn't mean I don't get tired of it all either or all the armchair activists on either side.

???

So Columbus was never put in chains for mismanagement and tyranny?

Rod, if we're to the point in the discussion that I have to tell you what post of yours I was responding to for you to be able to follow along with your own side of the conversation I'm done.

Skilled navigator for the guy who had no clue where he was.

Actually, having grown up commercial fish and making a living on the ocean to this day, I have a lot of respect for his skills. They had no way of telling where they were longitudinally, didn't know how far they had to go before hitting land, crappy vessels, and the list goes on. A untold thousands lost there lives makings that voyage after they knew way more information than him.

Ever tried navigating with a sextant? It's pretty cool as long as your life doesn't depend on it.
I don't know any sailor that doesn't respect that crossing.

How was he supposed to know where he was exactly? Gps?

You know that when hipsters don't like the message they attack the messenger right?

I mean to actually read, especially if you're getting red-pilled ever paragraph, takes thought and effort. Not only that, it finally dawns on the reader if they keep going they will no longer be one of the cool kids, and that's the worst possible outcome of all.

I mean, look at their responses. They aren't going to read it. Because actually knowing the truth of an unpopular position is hard.

Freely admit I'm not impartial on everything. Also, it's an opinion. Kinda what the whole point of the forum is. No one here maintains strict neutrality. Doesn't mean I don't get tired of it all either or all the armchair activists on either side.
You're right. I'm just saying, your words and statements haven't been consistent. It makes it hard to exchange in any meaningful dialogue with you.

For f*ck sake Rod, what did I just say?

That Columbus was supposedly put in chain to strip him of the vast wealth of malnourished indians, chili peppers and a few gold nuggets.

You're right. I'm just saying, your words and statements haven't been consistent. It makes it hard to exchange in any meaningful dialogue with you.
I'm not consistent on a lot of things, I'll admit. But I haven't lied. If I'm bitching about something it's because at that moment for whatever reason it's pissing me off. So maybe it's not really a crisis of conscious but more an anger management thing.;)

Rod, if we're to the point in the discussion that I have to tell you what post of yours I was responding to for you to be able to follow along with your own side of the conversation I'm done.

You mean Polk's reason for war? That wasnt an event, it was a reason.

We are talking about the work of Zinn isnt?

That's great, fuck Columbus. Speaking of which, HAPPY MOTHERFUCKING LEIF ERIKSON DAY!!!

leif-ericson-day-meme-41.jpg

but he was white and thus privileged. Also, his "viking" shtick is offensive to the underrepresented and minorities.

Wait till they get to him, if Leif Erickson Day ever becomes as big as Columbus Day

(side note: Viking helmets didn't have horns on them)

Actually, having grown up commercial fish and making a living on the ocean to this day, I have a lot of respect for his skills. They had no way of telling where they were longitudinally, didn't know how far they had to go before hitting land, crappy vessels, and the list goes on. A untold thousands lost there lives makings that voyage after they knew way more information than him.

Ever tried navigating with a sextant? It's pretty cool as long as your life doesn't depend on it.
I don't know any sailor that doesn't respect that crossing.

How was he supposed to know where he was exactly? Gps?

He didnt knew exactly where he was.

Also he wasnt much of a leader either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinzón_brothers

Right or wrong, everyone will find a reason to be offended or pissed off. You don't like Columbus, so you say screw'em. Italian Americans often do appreciate him to some degree so they get pissed off when you deface his statuary etc... Two pissed off groups of people. So, screw it all together and do away with it all.

It's a case of your judgement based on your feelings trampling on their judgement and feelings. But this isn't about real equality of outcome. It's about YOUR outcome over anyone else's so once again, get rid of it all then everyone can be pissed and equal together.
It's actually not. Its about historical facts and correcting them and only political correctness would STOP that.

If the russian gov't was over thrown by the people and the people were free to look at history from their own lens and they came to the conclusion that fact did not support a positive view of Stalin, Lenin and others, then they, the people should be allowed to remove those symbols as they see fit. When Hitler fell the symbols of Nazi'ism were taken down. And while I am not comparing Columbus to them the EXACT same principle applies. If the history is wrong and the reasons are not there to celebrate this individual then why protect him? Is it because some group of people wants special protection

Last edited:
I'm not consistent on a lot of things, I'll admit. But I haven't lied. If I'm bitching about something it's because at that moment for whatever reason it's pissing me off. So maybe it's not really a crisis of conscious but more an anger management thing.;)
Fair enough, I can respect that. When you've been here for years and have thousands of posts in rather contentious threads, you're kind of bound to say something foolish or seemingly contradictive, we can all attest to that.

It's actually not. Its about historical facts and correcting them and only political correctness would STOP that.

If the russian gov't was over thrown by the people and the people were free to look at history from their own len and they came to the conclusion that fact did not support a positive view of Stalin, Lenin and others, then they, the people should be allowed to remove those symbols as they see fit. When Hitler fell the symbols of Nazi'ism were taken down. And while I am not comparing Columbus to them the EXACT same principle applies. If the history is wrong and the reasons are not there to celebrate this individual then why protect him? Is it because some group of people wants special protection
Well put. We shouldn't protect tradition simply because it's tradition. I'm 100% certain we can find a way to honor Italian-Americans and Roman Catholics without tying them to Columbus.

but he was white and thus privileged. Also, his "viking" shtick is offensive to the underrepresented and minorities.

Wait till they get to him, if Leif Erickson Day ever becomes as big as Columbus Day

(side note: Viking helmets didn't have horns on them)
Lol we all know that Vikings didn't have horns on their helmets at this point, smart guy. That image was more for some humor than anything, it was either that or Spongebob.

i just tend to think its more Hate YT thing than anti-Columbus, promoted by our friends on the left as usual

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back