Unshakable feeling this world is imaginary

I can't shake the feeling that we live in a simulated reality. I don't think anything around us is real.

I don't think this in a mentally ill way, like in a disassociated way. I think about it in a mathematically proven way.

Like we will make simulations, and those simulations will have simulations in them. They will branch out like a binomial tree. So, the odds of this not being a simulation are 1/n where n is a limit approaching infinity. That's 0%. Of course, n would actually just be a really, really large number. The limit is just an approximation but the point still stands.

I just can't get that fact out my head. I don't know whether I exist higher up and I'm plugged in here or if I'm just an entity in this simulation. But it's all fucking fake, man.

Knowing that, how can people be content living their life just making money, fucking, and having kids? How can you not want to find out all you can about our simulation -- what it is, who made it, what are its rules, etc?

I blame television. If it weren't for television, I would have more time to devise my own theory of everything. Even if we are simulated though, the main question should be how and why anything exists.

If we are simulated, why did the simulation overlords make so many distractions? Did they make us for entertainment? Gambling about what we do?

thank your lucky stars you happened to post this in the mayberry, where every other person is a registered genius, and the rest astrophysicists, doctors, experts, and pro athletes. what are the odds of that, even in your nth simulation ?
its mathematically, your lucky day ts

Pretty much this. Even if you some how break out of the simulation how do you know that the simulators didn't program you to think you broke out?

By coming to the realisation that you are in a simulation, you are no longer in a simulation

<{Joewithit}>

Any interesting way to think about it, is that we experience life as a simulation whether or not there is an objective reality outside of our consciousness.
Our senses record a series of measurements, our brain takes those inputs and builds a virtual reality in which your consciousness dwells.

There's a slight delay in all the computation, and much of the details get filled in by extrapolation.

So what we do experience is a best guess predicted simulation of the present based on data from the near past. We're never really in the present, just an approximation of the present.
The way this ties into the TS question, is if we are experiencing consciousness through a simulation of reality inside our brain, is there any way we can test whether the universe outside our brains is a simulation as well. How does the simulation know whether it's being simulated?

I can't shake the feeling that we live in a simulated reality. I don't think anything around us is real.

I don't think this in a mentally ill way, like in a disassociated way. I think about it in a mathematically proven way.

Like we will make simulations, and those simulations will have simulations in them. They will branch out like a binomial tree. So, the odds of this not being a simulation are 1/n where n is a limit approaching infinity. That's 0%. Of course, n would actually just be a really, really large number. The limit is just an approximation but the point still stands.

I just can't get that fact out my head. I don't know whether I exist higher up and I'm plugged in here or if I'm just an entity in this simulation. But it's all fucking fake, man.

Knowing that, how can people be content living their life just making money, fucking, and having kids? How can you not want to find out all you can about our simulation -- what it is, who made it, what are its rules, etc?

What if horses had stripes too ??

Would they be Zebras??

<34> . ANSWER ME.

bd3.jpg

RED PILL OR BLUE PILL, MY DOOD.

<{silvanormal}> .

RTJHBlo.jpg

TS, i have something to share with you

Ignorance is bliss.

On a basic biological level you are living in a simulated reality. Think about it. Your body takes in senses and creates a world around you. The "real world" is just vibrations and energy spread around. Your brain imagines all of everything around you.

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone.

Here’s my theory - lmfao at people who sit at home every night drinking beer and watching the fight getting random deep thoughts like thinking we’re in some simulation.

Even if we were, would you do anything about it? Could you? Nope. So Just enjoy the beer and your fight.

Another one - Is the world flat? Really? Are you gonna argue it into being spherical? If it’s somehow proven it’s flat who gives a fuck? You get a star and a cookie and go on drinking your beer and watching your fight. Nothing changes. Do people really feel the need to go that far to try and prove they’re deep or right?

All that speculation shit is time wasted as far as I’m concerned. I’d rather live what I’ve got.

The funny thing is that philosophers have been able to prove that the Simulation Theory is statistically more likely than any other explanation for existence. More recently, many scientists have substantiated the claims of those philosophers.

People love to make fun of the theory, but those people are scared children and incapable of actually believing in something as a product of logic, rather than emotion.

Chances are, we live in a simulation.

It's only more likely to be true on the assumption that it's possible to create a simulation this complex.

Without researching this in anyway I strongly suspect that physics being so easily modeled by mathematics is the most compelling argument for the simulation theory, right?

Stepping into parallel dimension. This day has been an exceedingly strange ride. I've come seeking Sherdogs opinion on whether or not I have, in fact, stepped into an alternate reality.

There you go. You and @Mungoose seem to be having the same issue. He has his own thread going...

I dont understand this concept. Do you mean that if I am holding a hammer it isn't really what I think it is? or do you mean it in a more radical sense as in I and hammer are not really there?

"This is not a pipe" directly solves this philosophical problem

"This is not a pipe" directly solves this philosophical problem

Not for me it doesn't. In my.ignorance I just cant see anything valuable about the whole concept. At least not in terms of physical tools designed for a purpose.

Now if we apply it to truth, or art, or morals, or a great many natural objects not designed by us I can see a great usefulness.

were programmed so we don't find out.
variables are embedded into he simulation making that impossible. the deeper we dig into the quantum world or fabric of our reality, the more incomprehensible it becomes. and of we try to escape the confines of our reality, the only way would be to travel at lightspeed. however anything that attempts to travel at light speed would become increasingly dense until its eventually destroyed.

Not for me it doesn't. In my.ignorance I just cant see anything valuable about the whole concept. At least not in terms of physical tools designed for a purpose.

Now if we apply it to truth, or art, or morals, or a great many natural objects not designed by us I can see a great usefulness.

Depends if you have a problem with the material "it" subject

Are you trying to prove the 'thing referred' exists beyond its name, or that the 'thing referred' does not exist beyond its superficial or symbolic assignments?

Those two branches of thought set up your preferred existence ideology quite neatly

Back