Meme Thread v8 - Now With More Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Soros was 9 years old when WWII started. This is fake news.

Soros has done interviews on the subject, explaining that it was one of the happiest times of his life. This one is confirmed to be true.

Soros has done interviews on the subject, explaining that it was one of the happiest times of his life. This one is confirmed to be true.

<YeahOKJen>

Please regale me with the tale of the 9 year old jew SS jew hunter.

<YeahOKJen>

Please regale me with the tale of the 9 year old jew SS jew hunter.

I don't think the claim is that he was a 9 year old SS hunter.

He said he was 14 at the time, so I guess that is near the end of the war. Being an 'SS hunter' does not come up. It is often that claims are exaggerated, which I would agree that the claim that he 'helped kill his own people' is. It's a stretch. But it is based on his acknowledgement of collaboration with property seizures.

e5a76865ac13f96ccfa7718626a558dc--anti-liberal-liberal-democrats.jpg

I don't think the claim is that he was a 9 year old SS hunter.

He said he was 14 at the time, so I guess that is near the end of the war. Being an 'SS hunter' does not come up.

Did you not read the image I quoted?

It says he helped Hitler kill jews. It's just not true.

I have no problem believing a well to do jew had a wonderful childhood regardless of what war is going on and has fond memories of the time.. but he certainly didn't work with Hitler to exterminate the jews.

It's unlikely he was even aware of this sort of thing till well after the war was over, since he was only 14 when Germany surrendered.

Did you not read the image I quoted?

It says he helped Hitler kill jews. It's just not true.

I have no problem believing a well to do jew had a wonderful childhood regardless of what war is going on.. but he certainly didn't work with Hitler to exterminate the jews.

It's unlikely he was even aware of this sort of thing till well after the war was over, since he was only 14 when Germany surrendered.

Yeah that claim is only true in a very roundabout way, so it is misleading. He said that he collaborated with property seizures. That can be spun into 'he helped the Nazis' and from there, all sorts of other places.

Yeah that claim is only true in a very roundabout way, so it is misleading. He said that he collaborated with property seizures. That can be spun into 'he helped the Nazis' and from there, all sorts of other places.

So at worst he was just some extra help for some asset seizure company or the local government and he didn't work with Hitler to kill jews since he was only 9-14 years old.

I accept your concession and glad you agree.

So at best he was just some extra help for some asset seizure company or the local government and he didn't work with Hitler to kill jews.

I accept your concession and glad you agree.

Absolutely, if the claim is that he directly worked with Hitler obviously that is false. I also agree that the initial quote is misleading and would only be true in a very round about way.

Basically, the quote is 'partially true' and 'partially false' and I would characterize it as deliberately misleading.

I also think peoples sort of 'gotcha' use of that interview he did about his time in Germany is a weak way of attacking him.

George Soros was 9 years old when WWII started. This is fake news.
He admitted to working for the Nazi's, as a teen, keeping stock of property confiscated from Jews. He said he had no regrets because he wasn't actually hurting anyone and he was easily replaceable. If he didn't do the job literally anyone else could have done it, so it's not like he would have helped anyone by not doing it.

He admitted to working for the Nazi's, as a teen, keeping stock of property confiscated from Jews. He said he had no regrets because he wasn't actually hurting anyone and he was easily replaceable. If he didn't do the job literally anyone else could have done it, so it's not like he would have helped anyone by not doing it.

If you lived in Germany during the 30s or 40s you worked for the Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back