Anybody feel like I do? (Kids these days vs old days)

big one watches the little one, little one watches the cats, the cats watch the big one. problem solved.

also, TS lowkey wants more unsupervised children in his area, just sayin.

Oh man, i couldnt imagine going to high school in this instagram world we live in

The only way is to do what my daughter did and remove herself from the temptation. She has no FB and her instagram is set up so she only has close bffs and lots of family. 2 girls in her grade that were bullied on social media drank so much vodka that they were both found unconscious. I have seen true evil and the guys have nothing on these hormonal girls....

I dont even know what this thread is supposed to mean. Are you saying kids are coddled these day? or are you saying kids go unsupervised?

I rather have a kid who was raised in a good family than a broken down family. Parents who keep a close eye on their kids usually mean well and the kid doesnt turn into a fuck up.

the threadstarter is pointing out that activities for kids no longer involve being outside and enjoying nature, playing physical activities, and the like. in today's age, kids are usually on their own within the confines of their home, while surfing the net, or watching t.v., etc. kids, and families in general, no longer interact physically. technology being what it is, has caused for more indirect communication, and less physical communication.

also, TS lowkey wants more unsupervised children in his area, just sayin.

nah, he wants a world where kids can still be safe, while playing outside unsupervised. i was that way when i was younger, and it's something that can't normally be done anymore.

Kids these days are annoying as shit and I wish we could throw them all into the sea and start over.

Those kids still exist. They just don't have internet to document every goddam thing, or maybe because of it.

nah, he wants a world where kids can still be safe, while playing outside unsupervised. i was that way when i was younger, and it's something that can't normally be done anymore.
rose colored glasses
the world has always been an unsafe place for young people. the inherent dangers are no more or less than they once were just different. kids can still get into any number of bad situations, same thing was true in the last century and each one before it. if anything kids are safer today than ever before, the only thing that has gotten more dangerous are the predatory adults, the rest of the world is actually much safer./

Kids these days need to quit bringing their parents along on a date.

rose colored glasses
the world has always been an unsafe place for young people. the inherent dangers are no more or less than they once were just different. kids can still get into any number of bad situations, same thing was true in the last century and each one before it. if anything kids are safer today than ever before, the only thing that has gotten more dangerous are the predatory adults, the rest of the world is actually much safer./

you can't say it's, "rose colored glasses" when the very same neighborhood i used to hang out in, is now full of liquor stores, and young adults hanging out and doing nothing with their lives. neighborhoods can change and become unsafe.

the threadstarter is pointing out that activities for kids no longer involve being outside and enjoying nature, playing physical activities, and the like. in today's age, kids are usually on their own within the confines of their home, while surfing the net, or watching t.v., etc. kids, and families in general, no longer interact physically. technology being what it is, has caused for more indirect communication, and less physical communication.

lol umm ok. Weird way of stating that. Parents should be in their kids lives. Nothing wrong with that.

My ex is a helicopter parent, so my sons are not like my sisters and I am. It sucks.

Kids now are certainly not as “strong” as the prior generations. They are sanitized and coddled far too much imo. Not enough responsibilty at a young age. They learn at a far too late stage in life, that you must take care of yourself for the most part.

When I look at the bullshit going on in the world I don't think that parents need to be paying less attention to their kids.

you can't say it's, "rose colored glasses" when the very same neighborhood i used to hang out in, is now full of liquor stores, and young adults hanging out and doing nothing with their lives. neighborhoods can change and become unsafe.
thats people bro, the neighborhood itself is no more dangerous

it feels like there is more danger these days. I'm not nearly as old as a lot of you fucks(26) but back in the day no one was scared to let a 12 year old go out exploring the woods or whatever. Now you worry about them being kidnapped. Just seems like you hear about it more now.

When I look around these day the kids seem like they run their parents lives

I was practically raised by wolves compared to kids nowadays

Only thing my parents would do is ask me if I did my homework

Beyond that me and my brothers would just ride our bikes in hills and creeks and stuff, having to avoid snakes and vermin and electric fences (i accidently grabbed one once)

Kids these days dont really do much unsupervised from what i can tell, adults always breathing down their necks giving them trophies for participation

But maybe my sample size is skewed because im in "progressive Seattle" I bet its still a lot more old school in the middle of the country
Did you ever piss on an electric fence? I did.

All I know is kids these days don't play outside with each other. When I was a kid, my neighbors and I played either baseball, football, basketball, or hockey on the street every fucking day we could. Now, I live on a street with nothing but families, yet nobody is ever outside playing.
That's because they live near you....

Did you ever piss on an electric fence? I did.

Lol no. Did it shock you?

But I did grab one once. My asshole brother told me too without warning me. So I grabbed it and could not let go, I stuck there shaking. My bro tackled me off it somehow.

whatcha mean unsupervised? Parents monitor their iPad time, brah.

Our oldest boy has been out and about bye himself since about 12 years old, we back onto state Forrest so he always out there fucking around or at the skate park. He's 16 now and we rarely see him over the school holidays

Back