SBBC Thread: Lumi and RR bury the hatchet?

What will the outcome of Lumi and RR's meet up be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao at the last picture.

Let's go back to 1994 shall we; when Vancouver lost game 7 to the NY Rangers.

riots1994.jpg

Yeah, but then when you consider you can see that same disparity between China and the US in ping pong, it becomes less impressive.

Especially since ping pong > divegrass.

Didnt know you were so cosmopolitan, Foxhunter. Lmao.

And LOL at mentioning ping pong.

Forrest Gump is the undisputed GOAT for that leisure activity. This after being a legit All-American in a real sport.

People comparing riots need to remember that literally hundreds, if not thousands, of people die in soccerball riots every year. In the late 90's or early 00's, over 400 people died in an Egyptian riot. European riots claim dozens of lives with some regularity. When Americans 'riot' over sports, it's just property damage and maybe a few hospitalizations. They take that shit way too seriously. So do we, and we still don't come close. Soccer is a net negative in the world.

So USA didn't make it. What a bunch of cans

Feel bad for Pulisic, but fuck the rest of those idiots.

Trump's probably pissed he doesn't have an excuse to go to Russia and record another pisstape though.

Didnt know you were so cosmopolitan, Foxhunter. Lmao.

And LOL at mentioning ping pong.

Forrest Gump is the undisputed GOAT for that leisure activity. This after being a legit All-American in a real sport.
Yeah, sadly we haven't had anyone to carry that mantle since. And the fat kid that played his son before he went schizo and thought he could see ghosts is a can.

People comparing riots need to remember that literally hundreds, if not thousands, of people die in soccerball riots every year. In the late 90's or early 00's, over 400 people died in an Egyptian riot. European riots claim dozens of lives with some regularity. When Americans 'riot' over sports, it's just property damage and maybe a few hospitalizations. They take that shit way too seriously. So do we, and we still don't come close. Soccer is a net negative in the world.

Thats completely fair. I am not trying to equivocate at all- I hate that. Didnt know the numbers were nearly that bad.

What'abouttery isnt helpful- and wasnt trying to give that impression.

Thats completely fair. I am not trying to equivocate at all- I hate that. Didnt know the numbers were nearly that bad.

There were a group of "ultras" in Argentina that ambushed and opened fire upon an opposing team's bus on its way to a match a few years back. Killed like half the team.

I'm mostly just bloviating because I don't like soccer and I've had a few beers.

i just thought it was funny b/c i was watching a world cup game at a random bar on the other side of Germany
it wasn't like i was in the city the game was held, or the team hailed from.

Just a rando german city, random WC game and they still went apeshit. Granted copious amounts of alcohol were involved

The dude i was with was actually smashing some girl in his car while i distracted her friends when it went down, he had to get out and regulate b/c some guy almost hit his whip doing donuts in the parking lot haha

i just thought it was funny b/c i was watching a world cup game at a random bar on the other side of Germany
it wasn't like i was in the city the game was held, or the team hailed from.

Just a rando german city, random WC game and they still went apeshit. Granted copious amounts of alcohol were involved

The dude i was with was actually smashing some girl in his car while i distracted her friends when it went down, he had to get out and regulate b/c some guy almost hit his whip doing donuts in the parking lot haha
lol, I love how this story went straight from just a general, decent story, right into grime time.

There were a group of "ultras" in Argentina that ambushed and opened fire upon an opposing team's bus on its way to a match a few years back. Killed like half the team.

{<doc}

Holy shit

I'm mostly just bloviating because I don't like soccer and I've had a few beers.

No you're not. I made a post and you laid out statistics that made an important distinction. That informs me how to talk in future discussions.

I mean, I kind of knew about the hooligan culture and idealogues/political movements creating violence but didnt know that legit riots caused that much damage.

You gave me good info is my pt

If we're talking about fighting fans, Pacers in Detroit is still my favorite of all-time. Nationally televised game and it was so obvious shit was going to go down, my friend was actually able to call me before it even really popped off.

And I still love the fact that Artest went right past the guy who actually threw the beer and jumped some poor can who was double fisting. Um, Ron, how exactly do you think he threw a beer at you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back