Who was a better boxer in MMA than Conor?

oooh ok. sorry i thought you were talking about cody. I have seen conor punch off of kicks. He's great.
Yeah, it works for him thanks to that crazy reach of his. It was a good stylistic choice for him. Only downside is that is burns through his stamina like crazy.

Dude you take boxercise very seriously.

Dude I just proved you wrong, it ok kid....Ill besmirch you IRL as well...Keep bragging about your boxercise shit kid.
You proved you talk out of your ass a lot and that you have the maturity and Intelligence of a highschool drop out. That's about It.

Yeah, it works for him thanks to that crazy reach of his. It was a good stylistic choice for him. Only downside is that is burns through his stamina like crazy.
you consider him a volume kicker then? I noticed he was more conservative with his kicks against eddie. We used to do the kick to punch combo in full contact karate all the time. Its cool that he uses tma in his fights.

you consider him a volume kicker then? I noticed he was more conservative with his kicks against eddie. We used to do the kick to punch combo in full contact karate all the time. Its cool that he uses tma in his fights.
He still threw a lot of kicks against Eddie. A bit less then usual but that's just because Eddie's face is a fist magnet. For a 1 1/2 round fight he threw a fair bit of kicks.

Yeah it's a very useful transition method.

You proved you talk out of your ass a lot and that you have the maturity and Intelligence of a highschool drop out. That's about It.
Dude I proved you wrong and your only comeback is "but but I train and my trainer fought floyd so Im right"...I clearly destroyed you so you gotta go ad hominem instead of arguing my position...You're a disgrace...Learn Boxing, kid.

Cody has great boxing and a nice amateur career. If we're talking pure boxing, no kicks, then I'd give it to Cody. Only because Conor relies on his kicks to set up his counters in many cases where as Cody tends to be a straight forward boxer.
What Cody did to Cruz was very nice. I have to agree.

A good boxer has defensive skills, making opponents miss....

Holm and DeRandame both can make opponents miss and have technique beyond Connor.... ish...ish...ish

Cody and Cruz, and DillSnake all move better than Connor.... Counter more accurately (but with much less power than Connor) and have stamina....

Connor does not have the stamina to be a great boxer, MMA boxing needs a better tank than Connor has....

He was a decent Champ and will be remembered....

But he will never enter the Octagon to fight again...

Not sure. But there are a few. Whitaker has legit boxing.

The point is, Conor had every physical advantage in that fight. You can't just flip the fight to MMA, where Conor still has every physical advantage, PLUS it's his sport, and say it's a mirror of the fight dynamic at play in the boxing match.

Conor vs Ward in an MMA fight is a lot closer to the same dynamic. Conor still wins that, but Ward at least brings something to the table.

Better yet, wait 12 years, and put that version of Conor against the top, prime, boxer at a higher weight class that is fighting at that time.
Conor would still win easily in mma even if he was 12 years older. You say Conor had every physical advantage, but he was 0-0 in the “sport” against an undefeated all time great. That means he was clearly at the disadvantage. Again, Floyd wasn’t 80 as some are trying to pretend. That’s just a ridiculous argument. 0-0 boxer and Floyd couldn’t even drop him once. We have all seen smaller guys drop bigger guys, so that excuse is just an excuse. I guess Conor was three times the size of Floyd, just like Diaz was three times the size of Conor, right? Lol

Boxing is too wide a term. I think Aldo has great ringmanship and fundamentals. But Conor has excellent control of distance.

Honestly right now I feel Aldo is the best boxer in MMA. At least he's the one that comes to mind. I know Conor knocked him out and all, but I think they could have a sick rematch if Aldo keeps his cool.

Eddie Alvarez had good boxing at one point... but then he fought mcgregor and became a bum

Back