***Official NBA Off-season Discussion v8.0 Kneeling is for peasants***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan didn't come out of HS, so that whole argument is absurd
He also didn't miss the yoffs in his first two years
Had LeBron not done that, he'd have more yoff experience to rely on

I used completely similar time frames, 06-07 was Lebron's 4th year, he took his team to the finals by besting the Pistons in an epic series. (As a 22 yr old)

Jordan's 87-88 was his 4th year, he took his team to the CONFERENCE SEMIS and got waxed 4-1 by the Pistons. (As a 24 yr old)

Sit down. Be humble.

I used completely similar time frames, 06-07 was Lebron's 4th year, he took his team to the finals, besting the Pistons in an epic series. (As a 22 yr old)

Jordan's 87-88 was his 4th year, he took his team to the CONFERENCE SEMIS and got waxed 4-1 by the Pistons. (As a 24 yr old)

Sit down. Be humble.
none of those excuses explain away him choking

he dropped significantly in every shooting category after playing well against the stout pistons D....

so keep carrying on, as you were, but none of that matters
Furthermore, the 2011 finals doesn't help the it was a fluke/too young argument

lol why is Lebron shooting 69% at the free throw line over a 4 game series even surprising?

He shot .698 for the entire fucking season. He's notoriously a fairly shitty free throw shooter, he shot .674 last season for instance.

Lebron (and his team) were just terribly over matched against a far more experienced and flat out better Spurs team, the fact that he somehow beat the Pistons by himself that year is obnoxious.

History shows that a 22 year old Jordan gets knocked out by Pistons under similar circumstances. Like he did in 88 when Detroit waxed them in 5 games as a 24 year old.

The bottom line is your expectations of Lebron exceed that of even Jordan (which is unfair) and simultaneously you're over glorifying Jordan because not even he could meet those expectations.

Fuck you for making defend Lebron. lol
7ac.jpg

Jordan didn't come out of HS, so that whole argument is absurd
He also didn't miss the yoffs in his first two years
Had LeBron not done that, he'd have more yoff experience to rely on
Jordan made the yoffs with losing records his first 3 years, one season going 30-52. And they made the yoffs in a season where he barely played. He still couldn't sniff the finals in his first 4 seasons.

Jordan made the yoffs with losing records his first 3 years, one season going 30-52. And they made the yoffs in a season where he barely played. He still couldn't sniff the finals in his first 4 seasons.
in a SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER EC.....

we could just keep leaving that at, it's cool

What is your end game Gunther? To price LeBron isn't as good as Jordan? Nobody seriously challenges that

The Eastern conference was 'better' but a 30-52 team made the yoffs? It may have been more top heavy, but the conference was not better. It was smaller though, which is the only reason he kept making the yoffs with losing records.

The Eastern conference was 'better' but a 30-52 team made the yoffs? It may have been more top heavy, but the conference was not better.
then how did this young player, that can't shoot FTs, and apparently had the worst supporting cast ever (untrue, but still a bad one) make the Finals then?

He's either good enough to not get brutally swept, or the conference was so weak he shouldn't have been in the Finals in the first place

then how did this young player, that can't shoot FTs, and apparently had the worst supporting cast ever (untrue, but still a bad one) make the Finals then?

He's either good enough to not get brutally swept, or the conference was so weak he shouldn't have been in the Finals in the first place
I always felt like that team got lucky getting by Detroit. They got hot and Detroit went cold after the first 2 games. Billups, Hamilton and especially Prince were awful. It wasn't the worst supporting cast ever. It was the worst supporting cast to ever make the Finals. But Bern didn't put up great shooting numbers against Det. He struggled shooting, except getting hot from 3 a couple of games. He struggled even further against a better defense in SA. Det in '07 was not the Detroit defense that beat the Lakers. I said the East was more top heavy in Jordan's day. Was just pointing out that terrible teams, like Jordan's, made the yoffs because it was smaller but they took the same number of yoff teams. If Lebron could have made the yoffs in his first 2 years with 38 and 30 wins respectively, he'd have had more playoff experience.

But you're still using an overachieving, 22 year old Bern performance to label him a choker. Stick to '11, when he really did choke, rather than find himself incredibly outmatched.

Lol only Gunt would argue this shit. That was an incredible achievement

so keep carrying on, as you were, but none of that matters

This is what a substantially rustled Gunther looks like ladies and gentlemen.

Not that I was out to rustle him, just a byproduct of laying waste to his utterly obtuse argument.

This is what a substantially rustled Gunther looks like ladies and gentlemen.

Not that I was out to rustle him, just a byproduct of laying waste to his utterly obtuse argument.
I don't get rustled playa
I'd have to actually care enough about other's opinions to do that, clearly I don't

I don't get rustled playa
I'd have to actually care enough about other's opinions to do that, clearly I don't

lol come on. This is where we need a classic @Palpatine intervention moment.

You gave me the "All good, whatever, carry on's" and then even hit me with a "furthermore" afterward lol

Time to hit the parking lot and get ming'd Gunt, semma down.

lol come on. This is where we need a classic @Palpatine intervention moment.

You gave me the "All good, whatever, carry on's" and then even hit me with a "furthermore" afterward lol

Time to hit the parking lot and get ming'd Gunt, semma down.
no idea what you're on about
the only reason I'm even bullshitting here is b/c I have nothing to do at work

I could literally not care less what your guys opinion on Lebron is, if I did, SURELY it would've changed in the many years I've been posting and debating the topic here.

It hasn't in the slightest. You are clearly underestimating my inflated sense of worth and value of my own opinions

SO I'm preparing for the only sport I'm successful in when it comes to FanDuel and I'm wondering what you think the projections are for everyone in the TWolves lineup this year. I'm thinking with Tibs playing his starters 40 minutes a game.. Wiggins/Towns/Butler shouldn't see their numbers change too much overall.

Also Westbrook... I'm thinking he's a 25/8/10 guy now with Melo and PG in the lineup.

actually started looking at the draft for this year fantasy, and Faust and others are right

it's hard to tell how players will perform w/ so many changing teams and more importantly teaming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back