To the OG’s... Pride FC, All day - All day!

I miss the days of Pride. The "parade" of fighters at the beginning of events was something that I always liked and miss with the UFC. As much as I hated her then I miss the lady that announced the matchups. She was so over the top, but that is the Japanese style.

Forever a PrideFC fan, back to the good old days without the bullshit that has infested MMA today.

Man I miss pride.....I had a bunch of highlight fights on VHS Id put on during party's & BBQ's

This is what our Avatars looked like back then…

btt-logo-round-foot.png
179534_394831343910380_156709582_n.jpeg
main@2x.png;compress=true
c10804a8d3f59784a6d9c55b6c0efbf2--muay-thai.jpg

Remember that Sh*t? LOL.

Kazuo Misaki outstriking Dan Henderson to win the 2006 WW Grand Prix Tournament

Kazuo-Misaki-defeats-Dan-Henderson-via-2-Round-Decision.gif

Kazuo Misaki with a beautiful trip on what looks like Phil Baroni in the PRIDE Bushido series
tumblr_nxttyjw9Q51u2ragso1_500.gif

Anderson Silva's epic flying knee on Carlos Netwon from multiple angles

10000253.gif

Takanori Gomi perfectly counters Ralph Gracie's takedown attempt with a knee to face, sprawl, and more knees to the head. 6 second KO

gomi-vs-ralph-gracie-o.gif

Nog submits Heath Herring with the Anaconda Choke. This was the first time many MMA fans around the world had ever seen this choke.

tumblr_n3wam2k8Cq1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

The Golden Years of MMA. Just to name a few good rivalries. Wanderlei v Rampage , Fedor v Big Nog, Gomi v Chute Boxe. And the OG " Let me Bang" Frye v The Hotness.

Stone cold killers… this was before the only thing “Hollywood,” about Wanderlie was a KO loss to the man, himself, the original “Hollywood," Dan Henderson.

HendoChuckWandy.jpg

giphy.gif

“Nose job having ass...” -Ice Cube

I miss Pride. Had high hopes for Dream and WVR Sengoku but they died too. We may never see anything as good ever again.

The Golden Years of MMA. Just to name a few good rivalries. Wanderlei v Rampage , Fedor v Big Nog, Gomi v Chute Boxe. And the OG " Let me Bang" Frye v The Hotness.

Gomi vs Chute boxe in Bushido… oh, so good…

What about this rivalry?

53015433573616359.jpg

We were young and got to stay up late to watch the PPV in the AM.

5off5.gif

This was Pride’s foray into the West. They had a press conference here in LA, where Frye through a glass of water into Shamrocks face. I ordered a subscription to Full Contact Fighter the day after… We knew, we were hooked.

Last edited:
Fedor vs Randy, that was the fight to have

Fact. Randy would have done it, for sure. He had a huge falling out with the UFC partly due to wanting that fight so badly.

This would have been good too:IMG_2256.JPG

Fact. Randy would have done it, for sure. He had a huge falling out with the UFC partly due to wanting that fight so badly.

This would have been good too:View attachment 287163

Yeah, what did Fedor want, a million and co-promotion?

Unheard of back then… Dawg, speaking about the Japanese Mafia, what about the Russian Mob and all those crazy MMA events in Russia. IFC had to smuggle tape copies out of Russia and into the US…

Back