Who was a better boxer in MMA than Conor?

BJ Penn, Masvidal and undeniably Garbrandt.

Conor’s boxing is not all that good. He’s an mma striker.

To some degree although I do think he's actually more of a conventional boxer than many MMA fighters who'se boxing is respected. The "neo footwork" school at 135lbs or indeed Fedor back in the day are all more heavily MMA adapted for me with there feet less planted depending on head movement and often looping punches.

Probably the best pure boxers in MMA history would be Sergei and Lil Nog, both could potentially have gone to the Olympics.

Thoughts?

No way in hell it's Anderson, the dick pill user, "I get caught in the first ever random testing in my career", as this may be the most popular choice.

Not Nate, Not Davis, Not BJ, Not Arlovski, Not Duffy, Not KJ Noons, Not Nick, Not Gomi, Not JDS, Not Gus, Not Crocop - tho better striker, and Not Mousasi, Not Holloway, Not Aldo, Not Necktie, etc.
IMG_1090.JPG

Another Conor dicksucking thread where someone thinks his striking is on another level? How original.
This is just a purely objective thread. If not, what kind of thread do you think it is? And don't say it's pointless and unreasonable. Not dicksucking, not gay, not gaye, not ghey, not fangirlism, not biased, not stupid, not pointless, not dickriding, not hero worship, not shilling, not "TS needs to get a life", and not "TS needs to get a new non-gay/gaye/ghey life"

Not in UFC anymore, but deserves mentioning. Albert Tumenov have really good amateur boxing record.

Muhammad Ali.

Yup. Game over. People forget that this happened.

4170D57300000578-4606900-image-a-10_1497528852897.jpg

Would you like to elaborate more on what exactly you're trying to say?

I'm saying that Conor landed a good shot on Aldo. But he took a shot of his own to land it. And Aldo connected even though he was unconscious. That's not to take anything away from the win. But it does take some juice from the thread topic, which suggests that Conor is the best boxer in MMA.

I'm also saying that the uppercut on Floyd that people keep posting was Conor's best shot of the night, and even so, it wasn't the hard clean shot some people want to make it out to be. It landed off to the side with the knuckles of Conor's pinky and (maybe) ring finger. Again, this isn't to take anything away from the fact that Conor did land a counter uppercut on Floyd, which is nothing to sneeze at. But it was one shot, and it wasn't a dangerous one.

Conor would still win easily in mma even if he was 12 years older. You say Conor had every physical advantage, but he was 0-0 in the “sport” against an undefeated all time great. That means he was clearly at the disadvantage. Again, Floyd wasn’t 80 as some are trying to pretend. That’s just a ridiculous argument. 0-0 boxer and Floyd couldn’t even drop him once. We have all seen smaller guys drop bigger guys, so that excuse is just an excuse. I guess Conor was three times the size of Floyd, just like Diaz was three times the size of Conor, right? Lol

What in hell are you on about? I'm not making excuses. Floyd got the TKO. What excuses does he need. Of COURSE Floyd was the fighter with the advantage due to his boxing experience and skill.

I'm talking about REVERSING the fight and making it Conor vs Floyd in a cage.

Now Conor has the experience advantage...

AND the size advantage.
AND the age advantage.

Most MMA fighters won't take an MMA match against a guy with those advantages. Why would a boxer?

In the boxing ring Floyd had ONLY the experience advantage.

That's the only reason that the fight made any sense at all. If Conor was smaller than Floyd, and was much older, and retired, and Floyd was the bigger, younger man, that fight would have made ZERO sense and would not have been sanctioned.

You can't just reverse that fight and act like it's a one to one trade of "I fought you in your sport; now you fight me in mine."

I'm glad this fight happened. It exposed me to Floyd and both what an amazing boxer and human he is.

Reading about Floyd Mayweather's personal history growing up, seeing what he's done from where he came from, how intelligent he sounds despite dropping out of high school, his morals -- for his mom and even trying to not give Conor brain damage..

The guy's what god made the human race to be. I'm a huge fan now.
upload_2017-10-11_17-39-21.png

Who are you Troglodytes? Mayweather is a serial beater of women and a first class piece of shit. Is your post a joke?

Nate Diaz, the guy who outboxed him.

I'm saying that Conor landed a good shot on Aldo. But he took a shot of his own to land it. And Aldo connected even though he was unconscious. That's not to take anything away from the win. But it does take some juice from the thread topic, which suggests that Conor is the best boxer in MMA.

I'm also saying that the uppercut on Floyd that people keep posting was Conor's best shot of the night, and even so, it wasn't the hard clean shot some people want to make it out to be. It landed off to the side with the knuckles of Conor's pinky and (maybe) ring finger. Again, this isn't to take anything away from the fact that Conor did land a counter uppercut on Floyd, which is nothing to sneeze at. But it was one shot, and it wasn't a dangerous one.
So you saying Ali never got hit in the face, let alone knocked out?

Tyson never got hit in the face or KO'd?

Joe Lewis?

Where does this imaginary boxer who never gets hit come from? Now add in little 4oz gloves and you see that its even more difficult to evade punches in MMA than boxing due to needing a smaller space to still land. Defenses like the peek a boo or philly shell do not work in MMA with tiny gloves. Some punches you can block but a fighter must move their feet, head and parry strikes in order to evade being hit. Sooner or later anyone takes a shot.

Back