Does the entire US navy have a morale problem?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
or is it just one ship? Crew members aboard the USS Shiloh describe the conditions as like being aboard "a floating prison". Sailors put in the brig and fed only bread and water. I don't know if the people who join the military expect a cruise ship atmosphere or if the conditions are worse than necessary. With two destroyers also in the Seventh Fleet having collided with cargo ships it undermines confidence in the Navy at a time when they may be most needed to counter North Korea.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politics/morale-problems-us-navy-shiloh/index.html

Well they are crewed by kids raised to believe they have to be cratered to and made to feel good about themselves 24/7.

Their mommy told them so.

You talk to many guys that are in or have been in the Navy in the past 10-20 years?

Most of them are or were bored as hell. Most of the jobs aren’t that fulfilling unless you are SWCC or a Seal.

I did 06-12. Being in the navy fucking sucks, its not just 1 ship. A floating prison is a pretty common joke.

Well they are crewed by kids raised to believe they have to be cratered to and made to feel good about themselves 24/7.

Their mommy told them so.
You don't know shit
Seventh fleet sucks ass
It's a two year tour
Whoops we meant three
Whoops we meant you have to reenlist to get out of here
Oh and no housing and your pay isn't even enough to pay the rent for a one bedroom apartment

I did 06-12. Being in the navy fucking sucks, its not just 1 ship. A floating prison is a pretty common joke.
Accurate as fuck
Prisons are nicer though
Only one roommate

Why would anyone expect joining the Navy not to suck

Thips ahoy sthailors!

Why would anyone expect joining the Navy not to suck

You do expect it to suck. You dont expect people to literally be happy when thry get hit by a drunk driver and shatter a leg. i know someone who was thrilled when that happened to him.

You don't know shit
Seventh fleet sucks ass
It's a two year tour
Whoops we meant three
Oh and no housing and your pay isn't even enough to pay the rent for a one bedroom apartment

I wonder if its worse than Norfolk..... Thats where i did all of mine.

You do expect it to suck. You dont expect people to literally be happy when thry get hit by a drunk driver and shatter a leg. i know someone who was thrilled when that happened to him.
Thats bad. My friend joined and he got stuck on a sub. He said it was hell and tried everything he could to get out of it but they wouldnt let him even though he did some stuff that should have got him in trouble

Thats bad. My friend joined and he got stuck on a sub. He said it was hell and tried everything he could to get out of it but they wouldnt let him even though he did some stuff that should have got him in trouble

We are all very jealous of him too.

Fuck i hated being in the navy.

You don't know shit
Seventh fleet sucks ass
It's a two year tour
Whoops we meant three

I did 4 years 6th fleet and spent most of that time at sea including 3 meds.

They give you place to live and you really need to be an e4 to live on the beach unless you 're married and the wife works.
Other then that you have to get a couple of buddies to go into together on a place but what's the point really if it's like it was when I was in because you are going to be gone most of the time anyway.

The only time is if you rotate to shore duty.

And back then my rotation was to be a 4 and 2.

or is it just one ship? Crew members aboard the USS Shiloh describe the conditions as like being aboard "a floating prison". Sailors put in the brig and fed only bread and water. I don't know if the people who join the military expect a cruise ship atmosphere or if the conditions are worse than necessary. With two destroyers also in the Seventh Fleet having collided with cargo ships it undermines confidence in the Navy at a time when they may be most needed to counter North Korea.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politics/morale-problems-us-navy-shiloh/index.html

Discovery and History channel always portrayed the food onboard Naval ships as being superb and on par with much you can find on land. I always thought they sold that as a perch for joining.

Holly sky gods 7437 skeletons coming out of his closet. Any fun stories? Where you guys playing village people music? Why did you join? Pics of you in assless cracker jack outfit or ban. (Pics is for the queers in the heavies )

So it seems to be a problem throughout the Navy. I assumed they would improve living conditions on the newer ships. They shouldn't need as large of crews as in the past with more automation. Maybe they need to pay servicemen better. They talk about respecting the military when it comes to standing up for the national anthem but treat them like shit while they are in service and provide shitty medical care after they are out.

Discovery and History channel always portrayed the food onboard Naval ships as being superb and on par with much you can find on land. I always thought they sold that as a perch for joining.

I'm sure when they have a television crew on board some things change. Of course they're trying to make things look as good as possible.

i bet having some real conflict come up and actually getting to use some of the most sophisticated machinery known to man would put a spin on their perspective.

Do you serve onboard ship the whole time though, or dont you get assignments on shore too?

I did 4 years 6th fleet and spent most of that time at sea including 3 meds.

They give you place to live and you really need to be an e4 to live on the beach unless you 're married and the wife works.
Other then that you have to get a couple of buddies to go into together on a place but what's the point really if it's like it was when I was in because you are going to be gone most of the time anyway.

The only time is if you rotate to shore duty.

And back then my rotation was to be a 4 and 2.
When deployed that's fine. Living on the ship sucks. E5 was when you got housing in Japan. We had people sleeping in the park to get away from the ship.

Back