Marvel vs DC, which side are you on?

I like both I really can't pick a side. BTW I'd like to see a poll on this.

Marvel has the live action industry on lock (films and TV)

DC has the animated side on lock (cartoons, video games, and as of late many ppl agree in comics as well)

I like characters from both but if I had to choose then I guess its Marvel because they have the X-Men and Blade.

I really do enjoy Batman's rogues gallery though (best rogues gallery in comics followed by Spidey)

Marvel has the Punisher.

DC is only dark because the filmmakers chose to be dark. Try watching Daredevil on Netflix.

I will be honest. I know everyone who watches Daredevil loves it but I just like it. I dont feel it is as great as it is advertised by fans. I did however loved IronFist so it might just be me.

Marvel has a better universe. D.C. Is too "leave it to beaver".

Marvel.

Superman sucks. Hulk KOs Supes.

I find 'studio' partisanship to be the weirdest thing possible.

I simply cannot comprehend why certain people seem to hate one studio and love another regardless of the movies they put out and we have more than a few o tis site that clearly do.

I don't care if a movie is Miramax or Lions Gate or Marvel or DC, I just care if the movie is good.

And i am not going to sing the praises of a crappy Miramax movie or trash a good Lions Gate movie based on which studio put it out.

What am I missing? Why would someone care more about the studio than the quality of the movie unless they are making money from them??

People have associated and become fans of corporations since forever, its basic human tribalism at work.

Ford vs Chevy
Apple vs Samsung or Apple vs Google
Sony vs Microsoft vs Nintendo
UFC vs Pride
UFC vs Strikeforce
Any sports team (corporation) versus sports team (corporation).

Marvel makes better movies, so them. DC should hire Christopher Nolan on a permanent basis.
Fuck no he was getting bored by the time the 3rd film came round and he half arsed it, he'd probably remotely direct a 4th film from Hawaii using Skype.

I don't know. I think Marvel has more cool stuff to offer overall, but Superman is the GOAT. Batman is #2. For me, I love characters from both companies so I guess it just depends on the individual stories being told. It's just a matter of finding the right ones with those characters in it. I've seen awesome Superman stories and absolute garbage Superman stories. That goes for everyone else too. So I really can't say definitively which one I like better.

Fuck no he was getting bored by the time the 3rd film came round and he half arsed it, he'd probably remotely direct a 4th film from Hawaii using Skype.

Still be better than anything else they've made to date

DC overall. Their villans are more human, their most dangerous quality being their ideas rather than magic or aliens.

Shut up you closet Clawman Lover.
Clawman is the worst, he's such a loser character

Marvel is a smelly turd, a land fill of dirty diapers, just plain old garbage that is filled with maggots.

anyone who likes Marvel should be punched in their face at least 1000 times

I've always liked both, but DC more just because of its darker tone. However marvel has them beat making the better movies. But wonder woman has given them new life.

Yeah.. Would never feel as though this is something to pick sides in.

I find 'studio' partisanship to be the weirdest thing possible.

I simply cannot comprehend why certain people seem to hate one studio and love another regardless of the movies they put out and we have more than a few o tis site that clearly do.

I don't care if a movie is Miramax or Lions Gate or Marvel or DC, I just care if the movie is good.

And i am not going to sing the praises of a crappy Miramax movie or trash a good Lions Gate movie based on which studio put it out.

What am I missing? Why would someone care more about the studio than the quality of the movie unless they are making money from them??
Shut up, punk! Fox fo life, foo! Wut!!!

plascencia05_body.jpg

I like stuff from both.

Marvel's quality is suffering while they're in this phase of cashing in on their movie success though. Every character that has had a movie has so many different runs out right now, so I just kind of stay away because I have no way of knowing what's going to be good and what's going to be phoned in.

Marvel for film and tv. Deadpool and the netflix shows are my favorite so far. However Christian Bale's Batman movies are awesome.

DC has the better animated by far also Justice League movie has a lot of potential.

Back