Does the entire US navy have a morale problem?

Thats bad. My friend joined and he got stuck on a sub. He said it was hell and tried everything he could to get out of it but they wouldnt let him even though he did some stuff that should have got him in trouble

I think there is another poster who served on sub.

Discovery and History channel always portrayed the food onboard Naval ships as being superb and on par with much you can find on land. I always thought they sold that as a perch for joining.

I'm sure when they have a television crew on board some things change. Of course they're trying to make things look as good as possible.

I remember seeing a news report where they went on a submarine and showed how the cooks prepare the food. I was like no way is this what its really like.

So is army and marines generally considered better gig because if you combat arms, and deploy then you get some excitement, adventure, and adrenaline rush?

And when you say ship is like prison, were enlisted sailors getting shanked by fellow sailors? And dont you guys get to do VBSS sometimes?

So is army and marines generally considered better gig because if you combat arms, and deploy then you get some excitement, adventure, and adrenaline rush?

And when you say ship is like prison, were enlisted sailors getting shanked by fellow sailors? And dont you guys get to do VBSS sometimes?
Make rank fast. I made e4 twice faster than my fridncould make it in the Air Force once

I remember seeing a news report where they went on a submarine and showed how the cooks prepare the food. I was like no way is this what its really like.

I am disappointed. I considered joining navy. Thankfully when I walked into recruiting office, the Navy guy left for the day.

airforce is even better.

Does the entire U.S. Navy have a morale problem or is it just one ship? Crew members aboard the USS Shiloh describe the conditions as like being aboard "a floating prison". Sailors put in the brig and fed only bread and water. I don't know if the people who join the military expect a cruise ship atmosphere or if the conditions are worse than necessary.

I was in the U.S. Army. Soldiers and Marines are probably laughing their asses off at those sailors. What a bunch of whiny little bitches. Give me a break. Sailors get 3 hot meals a day, a bed to sleep in, showers, and a toilet that flushes. Come spend some time with 'grunts' in the field or in combat...

"Fair is for the weak, learn to control your inner bitch."

I was in the U.S. Army. Soldiers and Marines are probably laughing their asses off at those sailors. What a bunch of whiny little bitches. Give me a break. Sailors get 3 hot meals a day, a bed to sleep in, showers, and a toilet that flushes. Come spend some time with 'grunts' in the field or in combat...

"Fair is for the weak, learn to control your inner bitch."
Hot meal but you can't leave for months at a time. Permanently deployed.

Hot meal but you can't leave for months at a time. Permanently deployed.

Yeah, that really sucks. You do get 'pussy' when those ships make a stop don't you? Thailand and the Philippines. Try being too cold, too hot, too wet, too tired for a few months without a roof over your head.

I am disappointed. I considered joining navy. Thankfully when I walked into recruiting office, the Navy guy left for the day.
The only friend of mine that enjoyed the military was a dude from HS who joined the coast guard. He ended up staying as a career. He got stationed in Hawaii and Miami though. Id imagine it would su k to get sent up to the arctic

Yeah, that really sucks. You do get 'pussy' when those ships make a stop don't you? Thailand and the Philippines. Try being too cold, too hot, too wet, too tired for a few months without a roof over your head.
Ha. I went to Thailand once. Six years. Once.

The only friend of mine that enjoyed the military was a dude from HS who joined the coast guard. He ended up staying as a career. He got stationed in Hawaii and Miami though. Id imagine it would su k to get sent up to the arctic

In Coast Guard, do you have to live on the base, or do you get to live off, and is the job like being a patrol officer with much less people to deal with because you are at sea?

In Coast Guard, do you have to live on the base, or do you get to live off, and is the job like being a patrol officer with much less people to deal with because you are at sea?
If youre asking me i have no idea.

Ha. I went to Thailand once. Six years. Once.

Man, you got short changed. But you still had female sailors with you didn't you?

Anyway, yes, the U.S. Air Force is the way to go. Safest branch in the military. Nice looking females working with you. Hot meals, a bed, showers, flushing toilets, privacy, etc.

I got to visit lovely Bahrain. Several times.

Discovery and History channel always portrayed the food onboard Naval ships as being superb and on par with much you can find on land. I always thought they sold that as a perch for joining.

Depends the ship.
I was on the USS Trenton and we would regularly run out of good food. We would get ham and cheese sandwiches all the time. Hell sometimes by the time I got too the front of the line they wouldn't even have ham. The sailors would hate it when we Marines would go onboard.
They did look miserable.

Back