Does the entire US navy have a morale problem?

Depends the ship.
I was on the USS Trenton and we would regularly run out of good food. We would get ham and cheese sandwiches all the time. Hell sometimes by the time I got too the front of the line they wouldn't even have ham. The sailors would hate it when we Marines would go onboard.
They did look miserable.

You ever stumble down to the lower decks and the pits? Thats where the truly miserable people are

The only friend of mine that enjoyed the military was a dude from HS who joined the coast guard. He ended up staying as a career. He got stationed in Hawaii and Miami though. Id imagine it would su k to get sent up to the arctic

I went Marine but the Coast Guard was actually my second choice.
Would love to be station in the California Channel Islands or Puerto Rico.

You ever stumble down to the lower decks and the pits? Thats where the truly miserable people are

Yes. Trying too find the fucking gym was like adventures of Zelda. Holy shit when I finally found it. It was just rusted weights.

Yes. Trying too find the fucking gym was like adventures of Zelda. Holy shit when I finally found it. It was just rusted weights.

Its at 4-476-3-A. Whats so hard to find.

I went Marine but the Coast Guard was actually my second choice.
Would love to be station in the California Channel Islands or Puerto Rico.

Dont marine get stationed at Embassies? Those have to be nice.

wow...
i guess i dodged a bullet. a friend really wanted me to join the navy with him because i could swim fast and breath underwater for a minute. he looks pretty happy and he is still in the navy.

Dont marine get stationed at Embassies? Those have to be nice.

You have too have served at least 2 years and go through a selection process. Then go too a special school for that. I know guys who have done it. They all loved it. Most places only have a small number of Marines and they get too experience lives that are very different from the rest of the Military.

I don't even have claustrophobia but just imagining sleeping in those small bunk spaces gives me anxiety.

Speak to any Marine lol

Talk about bitter

Last edited:
I did 06-12. Being in the navy fucking sucks, its not just 1 ship. A floating prison is a pretty common joke.

That would explain the gayness.

It all pays off when you don't have to worry about someone shooting you in the face. Do your four years, take your G.I. Bill and make something out of yourself. The world will be your oyster at that point.

You do expect it to suck. You dont expect people to literally be happy when thry get hit by a drunk driver and shatter a leg. i know someone who was thrilled when that happened to him.

That could speak to the mental fortitude of the individual just as much as the circumstances he's in.

I knew a guy in high school who jumped off the roof of the school building in hopes of breaking an arm so he could get out of writing an exam he was terrified of. School sucked, but it was not that horrifying.

All I know is I went on a Tiger Cruise, from Hawaii to Long Beach, CA, when I was 12 years old. Was aboard the Paul F. Foster, which is now the navies experimental weapons ship, and is outfitted with lasers. This was pre 9/11 and we had run of the ship. The food was great, I was with a Chief, so we got to stay in and eat in the officers section, but could also go in the enlisted mess. I was always amazed by the amount and varieties of food. They also had twice daily weapons demonstrations, firing missiles and the main cannons. They also set up the 50 caliber machine guns, and you could wait kn the line and fire off 50 rounds each. We could then put on the bullet proof vests and fire a clip from the M-16s. This was in the 90's, but I bet they don't do these any more. I know it was a big morale boost, for the crews though.

I did 06-12. Being in the navy fucking sucks, its not just 1 ship. A floating prison is a pretty common joke.
Thank you for your service. All the Navy guys I went to tech with, talking with them now is kind of sad lol. They fucking hate it and most are seabees not on a ship.

I was in the U.S. Army. Soldiers and Marines are probably laughing their asses off at those sailors. What a bunch of whiny little bitches. Give me a break. Sailors get 3 hot meals a day, a bed to sleep in, showers, and a toilet that flushes. Come spend some time with 'grunts' in the field or in combat...

"Fair is for the weak, learn to control your inner bitch."
Being stuck on a ship isn't for everybody. I guarantee many of them would rather be 'grunts'. I also guarantee many 'grunts' would be bitching and moaning being stuck on a ship dealing with that garbage.

That could speak to the mental fortitude of the individual just as much as the circumstances he's in.

I knew a guy in high school who jumped off the roof of the school building in hopes of breaking an arm so he could get out of writing an exam he was terrified of. School sucked, but it was not that horrifying.

It was a pretty normal think for people to talk about wanting to happen. Especially in engineering.

All I know is I went on a Tiger Cruise, from Hawaii to Long Beach, CA, when I was 12 years old. Was aboard the Paul F. Foster, which is now the navies experimental weapons ship, and is outfitted with lasers. This was pre 9/11 and we had run of the ship. The food was great, I was with a Chief, so we got to stay in and eat in the officers section, but could also go in the enlisted mess. I was always amazed by the amount and varieties of food. They also had twice daily weapons demonstrations, firing missiles and the main cannons. They also set up the 50 caliber machine guns, and you could wait kn the line and fire off 50 rounds each. We could then put on the bullet proof vests and fire a clip from the M-16s. This was in the 90's, but I bet they don't do these any more. I know it was a big morale boost, for the crews though.

They do, and i wanted to shoot myself every time.

It was a pretty normal think for people to talk about wanting to happen. Especially in engineering.

Well, that's pretty fucked up.
One or two people, I'd assume they were snowflakes.

How did you deal with your time serving? I assume you didn't jump in front of speeding cars, but how rough did you find it?

Sorry if you've answered this earlier in the thread already.

So is Army and Marines generally considered a better gig because if you go combat arms, and deploy, then you get some excitement, adventure, and adrenaline rush?

No. You also get killed and get to come home with limbs missing. Yeah, you do get the adrenaline rush...

I was on the USS Trenton and we would regularly run out of good food. We would get ham and cheese sandwiches all the time. Hell sometimes by the time I got too the front of the line they wouldn't even have ham.

Ok, how does a ship in the U.S. Navy, the most advanced Navy in the world run out of food? Who the fuck is doing the food planning? A chimpanzee can do that job better. Make him/her wait in the rear of the line or go without food. Does the U.S. Navy still have that stupid tradition of having officers being served first? In the U.S. Army, officers get served last. Enlisted men/women will always eat before the officers.

Well, that's pretty fucked up.
One or two people, I'd assume they were snowflakes.

How did you deal with your time serving? I assume you didn't jump in front of speeding cars, but how rough did you find it?

Sorry if you've answered this earlier in the thread already.

I drank alot, and got divorced like everyone else.

I actually recall having to tell a fireman (e3) that was a normal thought to have and no one cared when i was close to terminal. Good times.

Back