Crazy contradicting beliefs that liberals have

It's not that they don't understand traditional Liberal values. It's that the crazies have taken over the Left, and have pushed the more fringe issues to the top of the chart. Trump won by speaking about real issues. Libs lost because they thought Trannies pissing and shitting in bathrooms of their choice, was a top priority for the country to be focused on.
I'm talking about many of the right wing posters in the WR. They are obviously misrepresenting the positions of liberals and this very thread is full of that. It's not values they're missing, they are not accurately stating left wing views to begin with.

Trump won by lying and capitalizing on the anger towards liberals and elites, let's not get it twisted. And the media made issues like trannies using bathrooms seem like a large issue but it really wasn't for liberals. Most liberals just thought, obviously just let them use the fucking bathroom and move on. Remember that right wingers were the ones trying to change bathroom laws and that's what sparked the whole thing.

Trump won by lying and anger towards liberals and elites

...and talking about JOBS, MONEY, IMMIGRATION, and BORDER SECURITY. You know, shit that effects everyone.

And the media made issues like trannies using bathrooms seem like a large issue but it really wasn't for liberals.

LOL, bullshit.

The President threatened to cut funding to states who wouldn't play ball with the bathroom bill. It was a major issue. One that Liberals focused on, and turned into a national debate....over trannies...0.04% of the population.

Again, a fringe SJW issue made into a big deal by Democrats. You can deny it all you want, but shit like that is why Trump won.

Islam is extremely anti-liberal, so it should be a softball for Democrats to be honest about it.

That's why it's so absurd. It's not like they have to go against their own ideology there. It's not like progressives being asked to admit that progressive economic policies in nation XY didn't bring the desired results or something else that's a bit more tricky to answer, requires an in-depth analysis, context or something. It just makes them look contradictory and inconsistent. That is if they actually see themselves as liberals, of course. I think many Dems are unsure about their own political views.

We need to fight for freedom of speech by silencing

I do believe in supply and demand (or at least in its logic). Law and economics was my favorite law school class.

But I also understand it. You don't.

Also, good job on completely ignoring all the points and articles cited to, showing what an imbecile you are, and how uninformed your points were.
Man, its like you're shooting fish in a barrel :)

...and talking about JOBS, MONEY, IMMIGRATION, and BORDER SECURITY. You know, shit that effects everyone.

LOL, bullshit.

The President threatened to cut funding to states who wouldn't play ball with the bathroom bill. It was a major issue. One that Liberals focused on, and turned into a national debate....over trannies...0.04% of the population.

Again, a fringe SJW issue made into a big deal by Democrats. You can deny it all you want, but shit like that is why Trump won.
I get it, you’re a republican but Hillary talked about the same exact issues and so did the other republicans in the primary. This idea he was the only one talking about “real issues” is utter nonsense.

And it’s not bullshit. Stuff like that doesn’t crack the top 50 or liberal priorities.

That's why it's so absurd. It's not like they have to go against their own ideology there. It's not like progressives being asked to admit that progressive economic policies in nation XY didn't bring the desired results or something else that's a bit more tricky to answer, requires an in-depth analysis, context or something. It just makes them look contradictory and inconsistent. That is if they actually see themselves as liberals, of course. I think many Dems are unsure about their own political views.
I agree with all of this but the last part (maybe).

I think (and I’m not certain) the confusion comes from the noble idea of protecting persecuted folks. And moderate Muslims are the most persecuted by terrorist groups. So there is some malfunction when trying to bridge that gap and they simply have terrible explanations as to why people become terrorists. It’s everything but religion, but of course hats utterly wrong.

You’re right, and imo this is the worst widely held liberal view.

tumblr_lzib62deY61rp5jfvo1_400.jpg

17b0qm.jpg

liberal1.jpg

meat-is-murder-has-abortion.jpg

supports-gun-control-will-spend-an-hour-telling-you-why-drug-laws-dont-work.jpg

e9e6841ffa0b2ac8baf8f68de9f00853--college-girls-white-guilt.jpg

9a3f339f9a652949e210cf0b61aefc1e--funny-things-funny-stuff.jpg

Left-wing mental gymnastics are a trip.

I agree with all of this but the last part (maybe).
What I meant is, the more centrist Democrats or the right-wing of the Democratic party if you want, are stuck somewhere between running on their platform which is based on liberal ideals and facts on the one hand, and the desire to not lose the support of the cool college kids with Bernie shirts who like Sweden on the other hand.
A lot of points of a centrist-liberal platform are close to the consensus of the respective experts on different issues.
A market based economy, free trade, no tariffs, progressive taxation, a reform of a healthcare system that's based on multiple private insurance companies regulated by the government + subsidies for people in lower income brackets to achieve universal health coverage, subsidized higher education to improve upward mobility and a basic welfare and social security system to decrease downward social movement, basic environmental protection regulations without flirting with a planned economy, pro-immigration but somewhat merit-based + vetting etc isn't really a controversial platform.
I mean aspects and details of such policies are debatable from an ideological perspective but pragmatically "it works".
Nobody can say it destroys America, that goes against what almost anybody in economics or political science can agree on.
They could be closer to classic economic liberals in Central and Western Europe (who are more conservative on social issues but I think that's not relevant to my point), like Germany 5 years ago or so. They (US Dems) will obviously put more focus on some social issues etc but that would still be (social) liberalism. It's also an absolutely winnable platform in the US.
But then you also have people who think we should be like [what they think is Europe (it isn't)] and it's single payer or bust, college needs to be 100% free for every American, we can introduce a $15 minimum wage on a federal level, the government should arbitrarily force enterprises to have wage caps and female/muslim/retard/black quotas, to live in the US is a human right, massive problems with refugees in Europe is fake news by Breitbart and we should step up our own refugee game, we need a 90+% top tax rate, everything can be provided and planned by government agencies if only the rich paid their fair share, true Islam is peaceful, we should have the same worker-co determination as France etc
And that's not more centrist vs further to the left, it's policies based on facts vs la-la land. Add the irrational SJW influence which is closer to some far-left dems than many liberals like to admit. In reality many Dems are somewhere in between. Hillary also flirted more with progressive talking points than she should have simply because she ran against Bernie.

Last edited:
i'll start

-we need to raise wages for workers
-we need to flood the labor market with more immigrants to keep wages down

-we need a high minimum wage
-illegal immigrant labor is good because they work for less than minimum wage

-police are racist and corrupt
-only police should have guns

-republicans in the government ruin everything
-we need the government to control the healthcare market
straw_men.jpg

Jesus, what a shit post, even for this forum...

-we're pro children
-defund education and school lunches!

-we're pro life!
-also, executing people is ok!

-biology exists! There's TWO sexes!
-greenhouse gases aren't heating the planet

Am I doing this right?

Looks like Pwent struck a nerve with the lefties.
Oh yes, I was so triggered I spent 30 seconds calling him a retard, because that's all his illogical post deserved.

>we are vehemently anti war
>obama was a great president despite bombing people throught his entire presidency
The fact that the anti-war left vaporized on the day Obama was elected, has completely blown the credibility of the anti-war left for an entire generation.

I do believe in supply and demand (or at least in its logic). Law and economics was my favorite law school class.

Wait, your a communist, and you went to law school?

Look Sherdog, we have a Trust-fund Commie!

Do Mom and Dad know you wasted their money filling your head with Marxist drivel when you should have been acquiring a skill?

It's not that they don't understand traditional Liberal values. It's that the crazies have taken over the Left, and have pushed the more fringe issues to the top of the chart. Trump won by speaking about real issues. Libs lost because they thought Trannies pissing and shitting in bathrooms of their choice, was a top priority for the country to be focused on.

No no the left always had crazies.

Only now the right wing focuses on them and then think they have some understanding of liberals.

Like the transgender stuff; most liberals don't even have a horse in that race yet supposedly its a defining lefty trait.

Back