Tony Ferguson and DC go back and forth on twitter

I am referring to Werdum. If you watch the whole scene, you'll see that Tony interrupts Werdum pretty rudely. I'm still a Ferg fan though.

of course I saw the whole scene :D

he did interupt him rudely but I don't call that picking up a fight.
what I call picking up a fight is telling someone :

"how dare you speak to me like that, you, you son of a whore, you little :eek::eek::eek:gt, I'm gonna fuck you in the ass little bitch, you shit the fuck up little shitty fggt"

basically what werdum told him and which was left unanswered. and not answering this is NOT picking up a fight for sure, it's AVOIDING one at all cost (not that I necessarily blame him, but let's not spin in like he was the one abusing werdum lol)

"how dare you speak to me like that, you, you son of a whore, you little :eek::eek::eek:gt, I'm gonna fuck you in the ass little bitch, you shit the fuck up little shitty fggt"

basically what werdum told him and which was left unanswered. and not answering this is NOT picking up a fight for sure, it's AVOIDING one at all cost (not that I necessarily blame him, but let's not spin in like he was the one abusing werdum lol)
<31>
Tony sat right next to Werdum, completely unprovoked, gestured in his direction and said he could kick Werdum's ass.
He then shushed him rudely.
Tony picked that fight 100%
What self respecting man just shuts up when another man tells them to be quiet? Of course that was going to lead to a confrontation.

<31>
Tony sat right next to Werdum, completely unprovoked, gestured in his direction and said he could kick Werdum's ass.
He then shushed him rudely.
Tony picked that fight 100%
What self respecting man just shuts up when another man tells them to be quiet? Of course that was going to lead to a confrontation.

lol what ?

what self respecting man just shuts up when someone tells him his mother is a whore to his face and calls him a little fggt ?!?!

I think that's worse than being a bit rude.
you guys are trying to rewrite what happened. good thing there's a video lol
ferguson submitted to dominance of the bigger man. that's a fact. not fair maybe but a fact.
are you a manlet ? I sense some need to defend the small guy there...

I don't think Tony understood what Werdum was saying, so I'm not sure how much restraint you can attribute to him. I agree Fabricio escalated the situation though.

I don't think Tony understood what Werdum was saying, so I'm not sure how much restraint you can attribute to him. I agree Fabricio escalated the situation though.

I see what you mean, I had a discussion with another sherdogger about this, including the grammatical difference between, "puta madre" and "tu puta madre" as in "motherfucker" vs "you son of a whore".

to each his opinion, my take is that even if he's not fluent in spanish, ferguson could not ignore what "tu puta madre" means, which even non spanish speakers generally understand, specially since he knows at least a bit since he said in spanish "you must shut up when I talk".

Wait tony showed restrain when werdum dissed him in spanish? He doesnt speak spanish loooool. What kind of mexican dont habla espanyola?

Man DC has ALOT of people to see, lol

Tony gonna try and ankle-pick DC and have this happen to him

giphy.gif

lol what ?

what self respecting man just shuts up when someone tells him his mother is a whore to his face and calls him a little fggt ?!?!

I think that's worse than being a bit rude.
you guys are trying to rewrite what happened. good thing there's a video lol
ferguson submitted to dominance of the bigger man. that's a fact. not fair maybe but a fact.
are you a manlet ? I sense some need to defend the small guy there...
Did YOU watch the video?
The fuck your mother and f*g came AFTER Tony ran his mouth?
What are you talking about with this manlet nonsense? Im on Werdum's side

Did YOU watch the video?
The fuck your mother and f*g came AFTER Tony ran his mouth?
What are you talking about with this manlet nonsense? Im on Werdum's side

ok, sorry if I'm misunderstood your post.

basically what I'm saying is that "shut up when I'm talking" isn't as agressive as "your mother is a whore"
the former doesn't qualify as picking up a fight for me, the latter does.
I think tony was rude, but had no goal of picking up a fight and didn't expect werdum's reaction, otherwise he would have spoken differently.

what do you think about that?

ok, sorry if I'm misunderstood your post.

basically what I'm saying is that "shut up when I'm talking" isn't as agressive as "your mother is a whore"
the former doesn't qualify as picking up a fight for me, the latter does.
I think tony was rude, but had no goal of picking up a fight and didn't expect werdum's reaction, otherwise he would have spoken differently.

what do you think about that?
No problem.
I get what you're saying, and I of course agree that "your mother is a whore" is more aggressive, but the way I see it is, if a guy tells me to shut up, he is initiating the aggression.
If I told a dude to shutup, he would either shut up, or he would get pissed, be like wtf, and say something back to me.
I would expect the latter to happen. Knowing that, me telling a guy to shutup, is me looking for trouble.

If Tony had no goal of picking a fight, I don't understand why he opened his mouth. Seems like a difference of thinking /upbringing. ..but where i grew up, if someone talked shit, the next logical sequence of events would be a physical altercation. Why else would you talk shit if you had no plan of actually backing that shit talk up?
Call it ghetto or neanderthal, but, I would never talk shit to a guy, and then be surprised when the shit talking turned into a real fight

Ferguson loves talking shit to big guys when he knows he can hide from them.
I like fergs fights but yeah this gets a bit old. Ronda was also bad for this tactic of big claims or shit talk against people she knew she'd never have to actually prove it against

Tony's new thing of calling everyone fake sure is amusing when he's one of the most phony people in the entire sport.
Here's the thing though, I don't know if Tony is really fake or phony. I think the guy is more just a legit weirdo. Almost borderline sociopath at times.

Criticising DC for no apparent reason makes Tony look like a fool.

DC would lift Tony with one hand and toss him around the octagon.

All Ferguson was doing was busting DC's balls for the commentary after the fight, that almost made it sound like he was pushing for Mcgregor/Diaz 3 and talking about a title shot for his teammate Khabib. It probably wasn't meant to be, but it did come off a tad direspectful. And calling DC out about the #Towel7 incident was kind of funny too. Let's face it. DC is a prick. Tony is a prick. A lot of pro fighters are assholes. It is what it is.

Tony is a professional fighter; if a bigger professional fighter stomps him into the ground, I'm not going to feel bad for yapping Tony.

I'm assuming Tony's talking about DC saying that he sticks his chin out, and also how he was leaning towards Kevin's side during the fight (didn't really notice this, all 3x watching the fight). I think Tony's just taking it the wrong way with how DC called the fight, and took it way too personal. DC wasn't being a dick towards him in any way, I feel, and Ton'y understandably taking it personal, seeing that he's the fighter that's in the cage, so every little thing is magnified x100 for him.

One of those moments where he should've just DM'd DC, instead of taking it public, and going off on him. C'mon Tony, DC's one of the good guys, and I guarantee you, if you would've just DM'd him, you would've understood where he was coming from, and none of this beef would be going down.

I hate when 2 of my faves go at it. It's like when your parents fight lol.
It wasn't about any of that. DC and Rogan spent 5 minutes after the fight almost trying to justify Mcgregor/Diaz 3. I don't thinking DC meant for it to be, but it did come off a little disrespectful. Tony was just busting DC's balls like the weirdo he is.

DC is way more likeable than Tony. But El Cucuy speaks the truth, DC cheated his ass off with that towel to make weight. No harm in calling him on it.

Did he really cheat though? Yes something is fishy about Cormier losing 1.2 lbs in 2 minutes, but how was is that Johnson weighed exactly 1.2 under the limit when he weighed in at 203.8?

It sounds a lot more like the scale was adjusted so that Cormier weighed 205, and then that 1.2 adjustment was also reflected on Johnsons weight.

The commission either cheated the scale themselves, or adjusted it incorrectly by accident.

Or am I supposed to believe that this was just a coincidence and Anthony just happened to be 1.2 lbs under 205 lol?

Last edited:
Back