Skipping straight to fights...since when are you doing it?

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
Man...i am just not interested at all about what is going on in the house or what is going on at the homevideos they are doing.
That is the 1. time for me that i actually do this....skipping to the weigh ins and then to the fights.
I watched all of the other bs that was going on, season after season...and there was a lot of bs going on.

I might just hit that point where i'm just fed up.
(It is like allways eating or drinking the same stuff again and again...for me it was Sprite btw..lol)

Or i am just like Roger Murtaugh, but not just as old as him..

Since which season are you guys skipping straight to the fights?

Few seasons ago...I thought I would be more interested in the fights if I knew about their background but it's just so boring..I kinda skim through it. It's also the reason why I missed last season cuz it's too boring.

I agree. I had an idea for 30 minute episode for months. basically coaches 1 on 1 bits, then the fight, and the set up for the next fight

all asides, house, backstory and even stuff that is usually extra content in a full length episode of whatever length has enough of the content.(so no network 45 minute limit, just everything relevant) So people who want human narrative get everything they want, and people who want fight narrative get fight narrative

Oddly enough my wife likes watching the lead up as she can relate to some of the things they go through. I just leave and come back for the fight.

My good friend used to work on TUF productions and it's one thing that they were constantly working on..ways to get people watching the whole show. The thought was by some is that fans know more about fighters and the process now as opposed to years ago..so people aren't as intrigued by weight cutting or fighters missing their families.

They are still trying to solve it

I watched the full first episode of the latest season last night. I decided that next episode I would probably just skip ahead and that way I can watch several episodes in the same day...

But then I seen the "next time on" at the end and I seen some ASS. So I'm definitely going to watch the whole episodes.

Oddly enough my wife likes watching the lead up as she can relate to some of the things they go through. I just leave and come back for the fight

Mine watches the build up but doesn't watch the fights.

I like the training footage but the stuff about family, wives, gf and kids bores me.

Since the beginning

<Moves>

around the season with Tommy Speer on it. Whatever that one was. I used to like it because it was a free fight or two each week but it's a pain to record now. For some reason the guide on my cable box changes that actual name of the program each week so I have to check and see if it's recording. To be honest none of the fights the last couple seasons were really worth that level of effort so I'm about done altogether.

Man...i am just not interested at all about what is going on in the house or what is going on at the homevideos they are doing.
That is the 1. time for me that i actually do this....skipping to the weigh ins and then to the fights.
I watched all of the other bs that was going on, season after season...and there was a lot of bs going on.

I might just hit that point where i'm just fed up.
(It is like allways eating or drinking the same stuff again and again...for me it was Sprite btw..lol)

Or i am just like Roger Murtaugh, but not just as old as him..

Since which season are you guys skipping straight to the fights?

I like the whole show. Enjoy getting to know the fighters, training methods, coaches etc.

I like the whole show. Enjoy getting to know the fighters, training methods, coaches etc.
I did too...
But this season...hmmmm

...not because it is WMMA...i watch it all. More like...i don't know...not interested in it.

Maybe it will change the next season again

I did too...
But this season...hmmmm

...not because it is WMMA...i watch it all. More like...i don't know...not interested in it.

Maybe it will change the next season again

I know what you mean. I tend to get really excited for the fights & concentrate most on them. Then watch the episodes more carefully later on fight pass & get to know the fighters a bit more. I think the show is still a great way to promote them, in between events.

I know what you mean. I tend to get really excited for the fights & concentrate most on them. Then watch the episodes more carefully later on fight pass & get to know the fighters a bit more. I think the show is still a great way to promote them, in between events.
It is a good way to get to "know" them...
Last season i was like WTF?...this Tom Gallichio guy...who invited that guy back??
After a couple of episodes i started rooting hard for him.

And once, the UFC did a pretty good job for the first couple seasons promoting guys...!
And now?...they win...and they are gone on some FN Cards...

If im not into the season i will just not watch. Skipping to the end happens if I start watvching a season but it gets boring as it goes on.

I used to watch it religiously. Then I started just watching the fights. Now I fast forward to the fights (unless it's a cute girl or a fighter I've heard of before and want to hear his story). And I fast forward through the fights until I see something exciting happen :)

I've been skipping to the fights for a few seasons. I get tired of all the fighters going on about how hard their lives have been, etc. With the females usually one of them starts to cry when talking about her life or a relative who's died.

Thank god for DVR and FFWD/skip functions.

On the occasions which I have watched TUF in the last 5-6 years it has been pretty much fights only

Back