Why is Cyborg praised for her kickboxing showing but Conor bashed?

Compared to Floyd?
Yeah right.
*It's the same thing in women's Boxing. Aside from Laila Ali, and possibly Holly Holm, there was virtually no one making good money. A sport that doesn't even promise good money for the best isn't going to attract the best. That doesn't mean good fighters aren't willing to compete for peanuts, but they're going to be few and far between.

'Compared to Floyd?' 1) Floyd owns his own promotion team. I doubt any of the Thais do. 2) There's more money in Boxing in general. Of course Floyd's going to make more. 3) The level of competition in men's Boxing is a lot higher than in Kickboxing or Muay Thai. A lot of that (not all) has to do with pay.

You are being dense. Incredibly so. 'By your statement...' Nope. Nice try. Guys like Sitthichai, Saenchai, and Yod make a ton of money doing what they do. They're at the top of the sport just like she is. It's the same thing in women's Boxing. Aside from Laila Ali, and possibly Holly Holm, there was virtually no one making good money. A sport that doesn't even promise good money for the best isn't going to attract the best.
Wow
Again,what hell?
By your logic Connie is out of good competition now and the UFC always had terrible level of competition .

Dude stop!!

Wow
Again,what hell?
By your logic Connie is out of good competition now and the UFC always had terrible level of competition .

Dude stop!!

I'll let you in on a closely kept secret: The UFC's level of competition is lower than Welterweight Boxing. Fact. Do you actually disagree with that? If so, holy shit.

That is an incredibly stupid argument. They went into the fight having trained and gameplanned for a specific ruleset and judging criteria. You can't say 'so and so would've won under 'x' rules'. If they were competing under 'x' rules, we would've seen an entirely different fight/approach from Baars. Cyborg was dominated and outclassed by any standard or measure. Stop making these asinine excuses to explain why it happened.
It was under Muay Thai rules and the fight was judged by American judges. Sweeps are not scored as much here as they are in Thailand, that's a fact. If Baars would've been swept 10 times in Lumpinee stadium, I can guarantee you she would've lost.

*It's the same thing in women's Boxing. Aside from Laila Ali, and possibly Holly Holm, there was virtually no one making good money. A sport that doesn't even promise good money for the best isn't going to attract the best. That doesn't mean good fighters aren't willing to compete for peanuts, but they're going to be few and far between.

'Compared to Floyd?' 1) Floyd owns his own promotion team. I doubt any of the Thais do. 2) There's more money in Boxing in general. Of course Floyd's going to make more. 3) The level of competition in men's Boxing is a lot higher than in Kickboxing or Muay Thai. A lot of that (not all) has to do with pay.
What?
What???

Muay Thai is a way of living for and a huge chance to win big for almost ANY boy born in Thailand.
Families put their hopes and dreams in those kids just like boxing and Americam football/basket is for Americans or soccer is for Latin Americans.

Stop with the nonsense.

Wow
Again,what hell?

Dude stop!!

Also, that's a bad comparison. Unlike women's Kickboxing/Muay Thai, the UFC actually does promise good money to the very best. Conor is one example. I didn't say the best money available in all of combat sports. I said good money. Even Mighty Mouse's 300k (?) is better than 5k. They don't even pay that to the scrubs.

I'll let you in on a closely kept secret: The UFC's level of competition is lower than Welterweight Boxing. Fact. Do you actually disagree with that? If so, holy shit.
Dude stop comparing apples and oranges and moving the goal posts.

What?
What???

Muay Thai is a way of living for and a huge chance to win big for almost ANY boy born in Thailand.
Families put their hopes and dreams in those kids just like boxing and Americam football/basket is for Americans or soccer is for Latin Americans.

Stop with the nonsense.

That does not mean the competition is greater or equal to Boxing.

Dude stop comparing apples and oranges and moving the goal posts.

I didn't move the goal posts. You obviously don't know what the term means. Boxing is far more competitive than the UFC. Bringing up Conor doesn't refute the point I made.

did she say she would win in the first? did she act like a clown all round? did she have a lot of her believe in her bullshit? did she do it instead of defending her belt?
You forget to add, was Baars retired and old? Was Baars smaller than Cyborg?

It was under Muay Thai rules and the fight was judged by American judges. Sweeps are not scored as much here as they are in Thailand, that's a fact. If Baars would've been swept 10 times in Lumpinee stadium, I can guarantee you she would've lost.

Same post applies. If Baars had been competing in Lumpinee stadium, then she might've been a little more mindful of things that would hurt her on the scorecards. Why don't you account for that in your hypothetical?

I see it now after re reading your post above, why we will never agree in this matter.

This is how i think,

If all a fighter can get is 40 bucks and thats is the ceiling where he lives the 40 bucks is a fortune and everybody will fight for it.
A very well paid top ranked Thai boxer makes a misery compared to a top ranked American boxer.

That IMO doesn't mean that the level of competition there is lower is just means that the reward is better in the US.

The "best"paid MMA fighter in the world was not capable to put one bruise in the best paid boxer in the world.

Does that mean tha the level of competition in MMA is low compared to boxing?
Nope,thast just means that the technical boxing in MMA is still very underdeveloped.

Im done with this one,need to go sleep.

I don't get the difference, Cyborg got utterly outclassed against a champ in Muay Thai- she survived to the end and had a few moments, but for the most part she got battered. It also wasn't her kickboxing debut. Conor went in against a world champion boxer on his debut, got outclassed but had a few moments too. The only difference was he got finished, but he did survive until the 10th.

Yet for some odd reason, most people talk about Cyborg's survival as some proof of her striking ability- since she was against one of the best kickboxers and survived, and would smash her in the Octagon. But Conor was just a lolworthy failure against an old man. Are people really this dumb?

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_3.gif

tumblr_nwg3w0v7DY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

FNqamE1.gif
those gifs are brutal

Same post applies. If Baars had been competing in Lumpinee stadium, then she might've been a little more mindful of things that would hurt her on the scorecards. Why don't you account for that in your hypothetical?
Possibly, I see where your coming from but I think she doesn't have a good enough clinch game to cancel out Cyborgs brute strength and grappling skills. She has a european Kickboxing style, most european countries mainly adopted the "K-1" ruleset. The way Cyborg was dumping her is a clear indication that she was outclassed in that specific chest match. Lets not forget Cyborg is a bjj black belt with years of experience in Greco and MT Clinch. Different story when Baars had Cyborg at range, but she failed to keep her there.

"It was a hell of a close fight, with Cyborg winning half of the rounds and if it went her way it wouldn´t be a robbery at all."

He's not just talking about rounds, genius. He's saying that it would not have been a robbery had the decision gone her way. You seriously have a reading comprehension problem.

For the record, yes, it would've been a robbery had Cyborg won the decision.
LOL it seems that the illiterate is you.
If Cyborg won HALF THE ROUNDS, then it would be a tie or a split decision.
But you are too much of an idiot to understand you fail at logic.

LOL it seems that the illiterate is you.
If Cyborg won HALF THE ROUNDS, then it would be a tie or a split decision.
But you are too much of an idiot to understand you fail at logic.

1) Winning half the rounds does not guarantee either a tie or a split. It matters how those individual rounds were scored. They don't just assign a winner. They assign points. 2) That's not the issue. The issue is thinking Cyborg could've arguably won the fight. That's retarded.

Last edited:
Dipshit: 1) Winning half the rounds does not guarantee either a tie or a split. It matters how those individual rounds were scored. They don't just assign a winner. They assign points. 2) That's not the issue. The issue is thinking Cyborg could've arguably won the fight. That's retarded.
Sorry, but you are too stupid to understand this, and the reason is because of your known hate for Cyborg than blinds you.

If half the rounds were assigned to Cyborg, then it is fucking logical to claim the fight was close.
But you are trying to claim it was not while allowing half the rounds were awarded to Cyborg? LOL
You fail at logic at the most basic level.

Sorry, but you are too stupid to understand this, and the reason is because of your known hate for Cyborg than blinds you.

If half the rounds were assigned to Cyborg, then it is fucking logical to claim the fight was close.
But you are trying to claim it was not while allowing half the rounds were awarded to Cyborg? LOL
You fail at logic at the most basic level.

You're proving over and over again that you have a reading comprehension problem.

We're not dealing in an imaginary universe. We're talking about what actually happened. He claims that half the rounds arguably could've gone to Cyborg. He claims that Cyborg arguably won the fight. That's not reality, though. The fight was not close. Cyborg did not deserve anymore rounds than she was already given.

Last edited:
I see it now after re reading your post above, why we will never agree in this matter.

This is how i think,

If all a fighter can get is 40 bucks and thats is the ceiling where he lives the 40 bucks is a fortune and everybody will fight for it.
A very well paid top ranked Thai boxer makes a misery compared to a top ranked American boxer.

That IMO doesn't mean that the level of competition there is lower is just means that the reward is better in the US.

The "best"paid MMA fighter in the world was not capable to put one bruise in the best paid boxer in the world.

Does that mean tha the level of competition in MMA is low compared to boxing?
Nope,thast just means that the technical boxing in MMA is still very underdeveloped.

Im done with this one,need to go sleep.

You're not getting it. If the top athletes in the UFC were only paid 5k, would we still have Jon Jones? What about Mighty Mouse? Conor? GSP? There are guys that wouldn't fight for 300k, let alone 5. If they were only making money on par with minimum wage (less?), they would find another sport/business and ply their trade somewhere else. Sure, you're still going to come across talent that doesn't mind fighting for that sum of money, but it's only going to be a fraction of what it could've been. Jorina Baars doesn't compete in the slums of Thailand. She primarily competes in the first world, just like the aformentioned UFC fighters. Money matters. Floyd Mayweather doesn't shell out tons of money for his fight camp just for shits and giggles. The money he spends gives him an edge over the competition. If you can afford the best training partners, the best supplements, the best diet, the best work out equipment, the best coaches, etc., you're going to have a competetive edge going into your fight. If you're trying to get by on McDonald's wages (which is what female Boxers and Kickboxers are making), then you're going to have a hard time affording these things. One other point: The best Muay Thai fighters tend to be from Thailand. How many female Thai fighters are there that weigh 65kg?

Back