Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces

The mandate was more then that. The mandate was/is needed to compel younger, healthier people to buy insurance to spread the overall costs out. Which is how insurance works in the first place.

That’s what meant. The insurance companies would get on board to cover pre-existing conditions without the promise of a pool of healthy people signing up. I assume the hope was that premiums in general would be lower as well and that seems to be reflected in slower premium growth.

So much spin on this here.

It's actually great news for consumers. It allows people to gather into groups to purchase insurance. This was already legal, however was limited in scope. This EO broadens the range so that the groups aren't limited. For instance, health conscience people from across the nation could group together, and purchase insurance. Because they are a large group of health conscience people, they're likely to get a good deal on their insurance. Also, these don't need to follow the ridiculous regulations of the exchanges, so for instance, men will no longer have to pay for coverage they do need because they lack a vagina. At least the conservatives...

LOL at undermine the marketplace. First off, it was doing a great job of failing on its own. The premiums are ridiculous, and the deductible is so high it's not worth using anyway.

Next I hope he works to abolish the regulation that prevents the government from negotiating with pharmaceutical companies for Medicare and Medicaid patients.

That’s what meant. The insurance companies would get on board to cover pre-existing conditions without the promise of a pool of healthy people signing up. I assume the hope was that premiums in general would be lower as well and that seems to be reflected in slower premium growth.

Well part of the issue is that the penalties were never enough to compel everyone that could have bought plans to do so.

His claimed experience was clearly false. It's possible that he was just using terms incorrectly, but then it makes his story incomprehensible.

Are you trolling? How could you possibly know this about his own personal experience if you don't know him?

Are you trolling? How could you possibly know this about his own personal experience if you don't know him?

...because his claim is that he lost his insurance because of the ACA, which is not true because of provisions in the law. I'm sure he got a letter from his insurance company claiming that it was because of the ACA that his plan was being cancelled, but that means he was lied to by his insurance company.

Here's something I don't really understand about Obamacare. The elderly have Medicare, children have medicaid, I'm not sure if people with disabilities are eligible for those programs, or if there is a special program for them.

But given that those groups were already covered, who was Obamacare for, non-disabled working age adults?

This is obviously an inflammatory topic, but it's a serious question, who are the millions who didn't have health insurance previously who now get it paid for, just non-disabled working age adults?

To answer your question, you have to realize that most working Americans get their insurance through their employer. And employers leverage the size of their labor pool to negotiate favorable insurance plans on their behalf.

The nature of that dynamic means that the smaller the employer, the less leverage available for insurance negotiation. Which means more expensive plans. In many cases where incomes are modest, this means that small employers and the self-employed are effectively priced out of the health insurance marketplace because insurers have no incentive to craft affordable plans that also meet most of someone's healthcare needs.

Obamacare essentially aimed to address that group of people by combining them into a single labor pool, like you would find at a large corporation, and thus leveraging that scale to eventually reduce the cost of insuring them. That's the group it's aimed at and, yes, there are millions of such people.

Here's something I don't really understand about Obamacare. The elderly have Medicare, children have medicaid, I'm not sure if people with disabilities are eligible for those programs, or if there is a special program for them.

But given that those groups were already covered, who was Obamacare for, non-disabled working age adults?

This is obviously an inflammatory topic, but it's a serious question, who are the millions who didn't have health insurance previously who now get it paid for, just non-disabled working age adults?

It was expanded to cover some low-income working people who are healthy whereas previously it only covered the old, disabled, and kids.

Fuck the kids, right, Trump?

Gotta be "tough"; tough on those damn kids and their mangy dog.
Speaking of kids and their dog, maybe we need a fresh approach to the Russia investigation.

giphy.gif

Because my policy wasn't compliant with the Affordable Care Act.

If Obamacare would have never passed, my insurance policy wouldn't have been canceled when it was. It would take a feat of mental gymnastics to say Obamacare wasn't the reason for the cancellation.

Fascinating, whenever I tell my story of my issues with Obamacare, people on the left never address my concerns, they call me a liar because my story doesn't fit the Obamacare narrative.
I also lost my insurance because of Obamacare. It was replaced with a more expensive plan with less coverage (talking about coverage that applies to me) being a single healthy individual with no kids

It is Trump Humpers, so get it right.
TBH I have a lot of nicknames for Donny Small Hands.
Blotus.
Deferment Donny.
Orange Snake Oil salesman.
Louis Anderson Light
Orange Fat Bastard
Fatty
Trust Fund Trump
Pussy Grabber in Chief
Whiner in Chief
Thin Skinned Trump.

Not all of them are winners.

Pussy grabber in cheif, its funny because its true but his idiot followers would defend him till the end. Even when they are faced with countless victims but when it's a democrat like Harvey then they dont need any proof.

im 28 with no pre existing conditions and my health insurance has become $250 a month

remember when obama said it would cost less than a cell phone plan?

i guess i should stop buying the 4 iphones a year this health insurance costs

Yes stop buying the 4 iphones a year and pay your damn health plan you goof.

Paying is different than not paying.

I disagree with you here on the spirit of the matter. Sure there's a technical difference between inheriting the business from a dead person and being gifted it from a live person. But in spirit they're both examples of a parent taking an income producing asset and delivering it to their child without requiring the child to compete for it in the free market.

I'm 29, my wife's 30, and it costs us about 700 dollars a month for two healthy young people. That's a fucking joke.

Drop the insurance. Pay the tax penalty. Sign up for insurance if one of you gets sick or something. :cool:

step one, make people all lose their insurance. step 2, make a law saying you have to have health insurance. step 3, say the system is broken and we need the government to step in and fix it.

the liberal playbook in a nutshell.

...because his claim is that he lost his insurance because of the ACA, which is not true because of provisions in the law. I'm sure he got a letter from his insurance company claiming that it was because of the ACA that his plan was being cancelled, but that means he was lied to by his insurance company.
If aca was never passed he probably would of never lost his insurance. It doesn't really matter what is legal and what isn't. The mere fact that the ACA was passed changed everything and for a lot of people, not for the better.

Obamacare has been a disaster.

Back