Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces

Or get a job and have your employer pay for it...geez

In conservative world:
> All these bums flipping burgers want a livable hourly pay? They need to simply just go get better jobs!
> I don't have healthcare through my employer because I can't get a better job!
<Kpop775>

But they covered what they wanted to be covered and where very affordable to pay for with respect to the monthly payment.

Now they are very expensive and sure, they cover a bunch of stuff but if you can't afford it, especially the deductible, then what good is it.

If obamacare is so good, why do so many still choose not to buy it?

That is simply, they choose not to buy it because along as they do not get really sick they will save money. The same reasons some people think they can get away with driving without car insurance.

my thoughts are once Trump is done with the US Sub Saharan Africa will start looking a whole lot more appealing.
I know right? I mean we had no national health care for like 230 years but if Trump takes it away we'll literally rescind to a natural state.

That would cost even more. If the high deductible plan is already unaffordable, no way to afford the low or no deductible plan.

True, I just remember all my options as being pretty expensive, not a huge difference between a plan with a deductible and one without. Obviously the very best ppo plans are way more expensive, but an excellent no deductible hmo is sort of in the middle, price wise.

I don't know if my experience is atypical or what, but when I've gotten new insurance, I'm presented with like 10 different plans, I immediately skip over the ones with deductibles........and pick one that has no deductibles. I don't recall them being that much more expensive.

They're not. For some of these people, it's not about if the new insurance plans are actually better/worse than what they were offered before. It's about the party line and it's about the mandate.

Truthfully, I was completely against the mandate until the S.Ct. said it's legal. After that, I can't find a solid argument to say that Americans are better off when they buy catastrophic insurance plans over comprehensive ones, even with high deductibles. And high deductibles in this case aren't even that high. We're not talking about $20k deductibles, lol.

You mean the millions of people who went from uninsured to insured through the exchanges? C'mon, you have to see the absurdity of claiming that because everyone didn't sign up we can ignore the millions of people who did.
Obamacare failed, that is all that needs to be said. May of sounded like a good idea to help a bunch of people, wether they wanted help or not, but Insurance companies pulled out left and right.

We either go universal healthcare or back to what we had and force people to pull their own weight. The middle ground doesn't work.

Obamacare failed, that is all that needs to be said. May of sounded like a good idea to help a bunch of people, wether they wanted help or not, but Insurance companies pulled out left and right.

We either go universal healthcare or back to what we had and force people to pull their own weight. The middle ground doesn't work.

Insurance companies pulled out of certain markets, not all of them.

You can't keep a for profit system, try to give free to cheap healthcare to people who don't pull their own weight and it not end up hurting the existing people who where doing just fine.

If aca was never passed he probably would of never lost his insurance. It doesn't really matter what is legal and what isn't. The mere fact that the ACA was passed changed everything and for a lot of people, not for the better.

Obamacare has been a disaster.

My mom lost her plan because of the ACA. She went from paying around 500 a month to like 1,200 a month and lost access to her doctor who was not in network with the new plan.

Totes awesome.

Insurance companies pulled out of certain markets, not all of them.

United Health Care pulled out of all markets. Aetna pulled out of all markets.

They are like the two biggest fish and didn't want to lose billions.

Are you trolling? How could you possibly know this about his own personal experience if you don't know him?

He said he had a Cadillac Plan that was eliminated because it didn't meet compliance standards. The term refers to employer-provided plans that are really good and got taxed. Non-compliant plans are the exact opposite of that. Plus, he's self-employed. And he said that insurers refused to "have anything to do with" him because he was an "Obamacare unknown," which isn't a real category and couldn't happen. Again, it's possible that he's using words without knowing what they mean, but then it's impossible for anyone else to understand the story.

In conservative world:
> All these bums flipping burgers want a livable hourly pay? They need to simply just go get better jobs!
> I don't have healthcare through my employer because I can't get a better job!
<Kpop775>
If you aren't willing to gain a skill that someone finds worth paying for, you get what you get. For most, not all of course, it is their own choice.

We can't afford to carry around dead weight. And yes, failure happens, even when you do everything right. I know that first hand. You just accept, learn and keep trying and pushing forward.

My mom lost her plan because of the ACA. She went from paying around 500 a month to like 1,200 a month and lost access to her doctor who was not in network with the new plan.

Totes awesome.

1,200 dollars a month for a single plan!?

What kind of plan was it?

They're not. For some of these people, it's not about if the new insurance plans are actually better/worse than what they were offered before. It's about the party line and it's about the mandate.

Truthfully, I was completely against the mandate until the S.Ct. said it's legal. After that, I can't find a solid argument to say that Americans are better off when they buy catastrophic insurance plans over comprehensive ones, even with high deductibles. And high deductibles in this case aren't even that high. We're not talking about $20k deductibles, lol.
No doubt party line comes into play some.

either you swing left, middle, or right, obamacare never took issue with the COST of health care in america. Sooner or later, you'll have to admit that it's a total failure.

some people are shafted less than others, but make no mistake, the majority of folks are getting shafted. No amount of political propaganda changes that.

either you swing left, middle, or right, obamacare never took issue with the COST of health care in america.

I thought ACA showed a significant growth reduction in healthcare costs overall?

Wasn't that the point of the law?

either you swing left, middle, or right, obamacare never took issue with the COST of health care in america. Sooner or later, you'll have to admit that it's a total failure.

some people are shafted less than others, but make no mistake, the majority of folks are getting shafted. No amount of political propaganda changes that.

They were getting shafted before. At least Obama tried to do something. His problem was he thought fanatics would act in good faith and they didnt. He should have tried to ram through single-payer.

What has Trump and the GOP done after 8 years? Oh thats right they are all do-nothing-bitches.

United Health Care pulled out of all markets. Aetna pulled out of all markets.

They are like the two biggest fish and didn't want to lose billions.

Aetna did completely pull out, but United Health Care is still in some selective markets.

The companies talk about losing money on the exchange markets, yet somehow they are all posting record profits overall?

Back