SBBC : Basketball is coming edition: Do you like pineapple pizza?

Do you like pineapple pizza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know, my dude. I eat a lot of bbq at restaurants. Go to the occassional burger or steak joint, too

You misunderstand.

I pay for good BBQ places plenty. Korean BBQ places are where you cook the food yourself. They have a grill in the middle of the table.

It's kind of like that shitty fundu place The Melting Pot.

Nothing like going to a spot that's serving brisket and beef ribs that were cooked at 200 degrees for 16 hours.

You misunderstand.

I pay for good BBQ places plenty. Korean BBQ places are where you cook the food yourself. They have a grill in the middle of the table.

Nothing like going to a spot that's serving brisket and beef ribs that were cooked at 200 degrees for 16 hours.

Youre right. We have few Korean bbq places here and it isnt like those setups- Ive only seen that on tv.

lmao, didn't know those types of places existed but that's ridiculous.

You misunderstand.

In Korea they do it for you and cut it up in front of you

The cuts of beef are top notch like wagyu

It's a social thing with a lot of drinking and toasting

In Korea they do it for you and cut it up in front of you

The cuts of beef are top notch like wagyu

It's a social thing with a lot of drinking and toasting

Fuck that sounds incredibly fun. Drinking and Korean BBQ. Damnnnn

Sounds the same as a Japanese steakhouse.

Brazilian steakhouses are by far the best imo

You misunderstand.

The Melting Pot is one of the most disappointing places Ive ever been to. That Orange Duck was disgusting.

Never been to the Melting Pot, have heard mostly negative things, the only people that I know who enjoy it are the types that think Olive Garden is a 5* Italian restaurant.

Never been to the Melting Pot, have heard mostly negative things, the only people that I know who enjoy it are the types that think Olive Garden is a 5* Italian restaurant.
Its a fun enviornment but the food fucking sucks. It legitimately pissed me off and Im really not a picky guy or hard to please at restaurants.

Its a fun enviornment but the food fucking sucks. It legitimately pissed me off and Im really not a picky guy or hard to please at restaurants.

I'm not picky either. I used to love going to Japanese steakhouses where they cook in front of you, but after a while it just gets old. Now I have an all you can eat sushi/Hibachi place that I frequent that's much cheaper, the environment just isn't as good. At the end of the day I'd rather have good service/food over environment, which I find a lot of places are just that, a place for poor people to go on their anniversary once a year, over pay for steak/wine, so they can feel like the upper class for one night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Melting Pot once years ago because a coworker recommended it. Actually, that was one of my first dates with my now wife and was recommended as a date spot. Agree it was awful. Made me realize taking restaurant advice from people who live off their non-profit salary is a mistake.

Agree with Angus on this. It's in that same class as Olive Garden which is shit. Only thing I can say for Olive Garden is they do give you a ton of food. But we have a sizable (though sadly slowly dying) Little Italy here with a ton of bad ass options and they all do large portions as well. Never going back to Olive Garden either. Once was enough.

LOL @ the Foxhunter patronizing pleb 'raunts back in the day.

What's next, an admission that he has once or twice had to tie his own shoes?

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

FAKE NEWS.

My best friend from HS's sister manages a few of those chain restaurants (I think she does Chili's now, she used to Friday's). When she told me she needed someone new for the 'microwave station' and told me they literally have like a dozen microwaves because more than half the food is premade, I stopped going to those types of places.

My sister just got her LSAT scores. 163. 87.8th percentile. She's always sucked at taking tests (anxiety) and she's going back to school in her mid-30's so I'm pretty pumped for her. She got straight A's through HS and College, so I assume she'll pretty much have her pick of law schools.

Lmao @ ever eating at fridays or chilies

My best friend from HS's sister manages a few of those chain restaurants (I think she does Chili's now, she used to Friday's). When she told me she needed someone new for the 'microwave station' and told me they literally have like a dozen microwaves because more than half the food is premade, I stopped going to those types of places.
Had a buddy that worked at a Red Lobster, same type of shit.

Also, never trust cheap grouper at restaraunts, it's usually basa, which is a fish that taste similar from Vietnam if you fry it because both are bland compared to the likes of Salmon.

We had a chinese place in our plaza when I worked at Albertsons, and they'd buy a ton of basa, which is a $3.99/lb fish, and they'd fry it and sell it as fried grouper for $12-15 a dish.

Lmao @ ever eating at fridays or chilies
Same with Applebees, only time I go to any of those places is to meet up with friends, have a few drinks and maybe an appetizer. I laugh when I got out to places like that and see people ordering the steaks, lmao, fucking gross.

Same with Applebees, only time I go to any of those places is to meet up with friends, have a few drinks and maybe an appetizer. I laugh when I got out to places like that and see people ordering the steaks, lmao, fucking gross.
Agreed. People should go to sizzler for steaks.

Agreed. People should go to sizzler for steaks.
I'm weird with steaks, I will only get a Rib-eye at places like Longhorn, Sizzler, Outback because you cant really fuck up a medium rare bone in Rib-eye. I won't order steak at any establishment that isn't a steakhouse, I'd rather go to a meat market, buy one and grill it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back