Will UFC 219 be the lightest New Year card in years?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
I mean they had Conor, Stipe, Lawler, Jones, Cormier, Weidman, Rousey, Silva, Lesnar, Cain, JDS on previous cards.

Brb, using imagination on what card might be since TS didn't post it.

They should cancel it unless they have stipe fighting Cain & holm vs cyborg or Mcgregor agrees to fight ferguson then it really should be canned.

Not sure considering they haven't announced main and co-main yet. There are some good fights on there already though. Magny and Condit. Cruz and Rivera. Saki and Rountree.

Conor is a boxer. JDS, Jones and Brock pissed hot. Ronda retired. Cain doesn't fight. There's over half of your list.

219 OPTIONS
**Green = Possible
**Yellow = Possible but unlikely.
**Red = Won't Happen

Stipe/Cain - Contract trouble plus Cain doesn't seem ready to return.

Cormier/Volkan = Cormier won't return till 2018 under doctors orders.
Bisping/GSP = Already scheduled
Woodley - No opponent plus will not return till 2018

Conor/Ferguson = Possible I guess but very unlikely
Holloway/Edgar - Already scheduled
Garbrandt/Dillashaw - Already scheduled
Demetrious = Just fought, not returning till 2018

Cyborg/Holm = Possible but Cyborg not happy with contract
Nunes/Pennington - Very possible though probably not strong enough to main
Jędrzejczyk/Namajunas - Already scheuled

Last edited:
Anyone know how long Ferg's medical suspension is? If he got a suspension at all? That'd be a sneaky, but legit way to get in the third Diaz fight for Conor lol

I'm sure they will come up with something. Some cards that look weak on paper turn out to be awesome.

This is the card so far, its ok for a free Fight Night card in Montana or Albama. They need at least 3 very good fights on it, and 2 must be title fights, and not nonsense titles like Mouse and Nunes.

Bbefb-bogey-lrg.png

Conor vs Tony
Stipe vs Cain
that might satisfy me more.

Not looking so hot so far. I'm excited for the Condit return and I have a crush on Cynthia but it's crap right now. They would need some pretty big additions to make it NYE worthy.

This is the card so far, its ok for a free Fight Night card in Montana or Albama. They need at least 3 very good fights on it, and 2 must be title fights, and not nonsense titles like Mouse and Nunes.

View attachment 287599

Conor vs Tony
Stipe vs Cain
lol at nonsense titles

don't think Conor ever fought on a New Year's card though ...

He's also never defended a title. ZING.

**I don't think UFC 219 even has a main event yet, lol. Like the Condit-Magny & Saki Rountree bouts but this NYE card needs a strong main event

They need a xmas bonus so the UFC can really put the screws on the entertainment opposition in the festive season.

View attachment 287599

Conor vs Tony
Stipe vs Cain

Conor vs. Tony/Nate
Cyborg vs. Holm
Aldo vs. Lamas
Rockhold vs. Romero
Weidman vs. Jacare
Platinum Perry vs. Usman
Latifi vs. OSP

could all help to make this a proper banger of a card ...

Why the fuck shertards have Cain in title picture? First of all he said he's not fighting again in 2017, he also said he COULD fight in 2018, he doesn't even know if that's 100%

477071722-fabricio-werdum-of-brazil-knees-cain-gettyimages.jpg

Also he won ONE fight in last 4 years and was against TRAVIS BROWNE who is on 4 or 5 lose streak, stop acting like he deserves a shot over Overeem and Werdum bunch of bias stupid patriots

Back