Relationship HYUUUGE update: My oldest friend is in the hospital. Please check out my new post

I'm going to send this guy a thoughtfully written postcard, but I was tempted to post a remark about us all sending him dick pics. The battle 'tween dark and light takes many forms.
In case his daughter is helping to open mail, I think we need to ensure the light side wins right? ;-)

But lest I forget, thank you. They, and by extension, I, appreciate every one that is sent.

Get this man a laptop and a Sherdog account!

No iPads.

I'd send him a postcard of Sacramento, but it may just make him feel worse.

I'd send him a postcard of Sacramento, but it may just make him feel worse.
I know you're joking (um, right? lol) but in fact, his wife is from California so I'm sure they'd love to see some scenery from there.

I thought this was going to be for the Wang.

I would think just the idea that a complete stranger is willing to take time out of their day to write and mail him something means a lot. It's a random act of kindness from a complete unknown. It's kind of cool.

It's not really random if its solicited though. I feel bad for the guy , but strange request is strange.

It's not really random if its solicited though. I feel bad for the guy , but strange request is strange.
So, this is from his wife's facebook page,

"Today's Mail = 22
Several different states came in today... North Carolina, Michigan, Rhode Island, California and Vancouver Washington. Also received a few from Calgary, Manitoba and Saskatchewan in addition to all the cards from the Maritimes.
His days are much brighter with all the lovely cards and letters coming in. Found out that we won't be able to put anything on the walls directly.
***** So....im in search of an easel or two (to borrow) so I can put picures/cards on poster boards and show them off. Anyone? Thank you in advance."

So, call it strange if you like; it's a help, so why not?

I would think just the idea that a complete stranger is willing to take time out of their day to write and mail him something means a lot. It's a random act of kindness from a complete unknown. It's kind of cool.
It really is. I think it's a great idea. I checked and an international stamp from Canada is only about $3 so I can't see it being much more in the other direction. It's not like they're begging for donations or anything like a lot of these appeals. They're taken care of, I think, in terms of insurance and so on, but it's keeping his spirits up that is the goal. Communication is a chore for him, and I've seen his room, it's not cheerful in the least without adornment. Again they, and therefore I, appreciate any and all contributions to this thread and to his appeal.

Thanks.

So, this is from his wife's facebook page,

"Today's Mail = 22
Several different states came in today... North Carolina, Michigan, Rhode Island, California and Vancouver Washington. Also received a few from Calgary, Manitoba and Saskatchewan in addition to all the cards from the Maritimes.
His days are much brighter with all the lovely cards and letters coming in. Found out that we won't be able to put anything on the walls directly.
***** So....im in search of an easel or two (to borrow) so I can put picures/cards on poster boards and show them off. Anyone? Thank you in advance."

So, call it strange if you like; it's a help, so why not?

Hey man , if it buoys his spirits that's great ! I hope it does.

We are on a discussion board so I was just sharing my take , and that's only that I personally thinks its odd to specifically request well wishes from strangers. Not a big deal , just a passing observation.

sorry to hear that but most people here are from USA, might be hard mailing regular US mail to Canada even regular ground.

wait what? buy a stamp and put on envelope. Am I missing something?

I know a family with a summer vacation place in Summerside ... or was in Holyrud?

I know a family with a summer vacation place in Summerside ... or was in Holyrud?

i found out that regular USPS mail can be shipped ground to Canada, just takes longer.

no offense, but how much satisfaction can one get from a card from a random stranger? i understand feeling terrible and feeling grief about the pain someone else is in, but to ask for something specific from strangers is, well strange.
Goddam your impertinence, you cur! Now I have to send something.

Hey man , if it buoys his spirits that's great ! I hope it does.

We are on a discussion board so I was just sharing my take , and that's only that I personally thinks its odd to specifically request well wishes from strangers. Not a big deal , just a passing observation.
It's not a request for well wishes. It's a request for postcards with outside views on them because he has no windows in his hospital room.

And I welcome your input. If it gives me the opportunity to give people a better understanding of the situation, it's all good.

I'm going to send him something today

You don't even need an envelope, just a post card.

Back