Ravens Flock: "RETURN OF THE OFFENSE" 2019 edition

fucking twitter on this site, I hate it -- check this:

h.ttps://twitter.com/BrandonW_66/status/918202096675119106

@iwhoopedbatman

YES!!
Does it say Williams is back this week?

Edit: Lol checked it. Hell's coming with him. Oh yeah. The responses to that tweet are awesome too.

Does it say Williams is back this week?

Edit: Lol checked it. Hell's coming with him. Oh yeah. The responses to that tweet are awesome too.

lmao, yeah IDK, Jeff Zrebiec said it probably wouldn't be this week cuz he'd need a full week of practice, but from that tweet I would assume next week at the latest.

I just liked the tweet, "I'm coming back and HELL'S COMING WITH ME."

like fuck yes, that's what you want to hear as a fan

tumblr_inline_o2ey5cu3cF1r89lqz_1280.jpg

Get him and Jaylen Hill back? That secondary is gonna be sooo good.

Last edited:
"Ravens DT Brandon Williams came off the practice field with helmet in hand. He was not on the field during the media viewing portion. Williams has missed the past three games with a foot injury and didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday."

"Ravens DT Brandon Williams is making progress with foot injury, running sprints on Thursday and working with scout team on Friday. He isn't expected to play Sunday but said he plans to come back soon. "There's a goal," Williams said with a smile."

"Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith said he plans to play Sunday against the Bears. Smith, who returned to practice Friday, indicated he's dealing with tendonitis. "If you know anything about it, it's really severe," Smith said. "It's calmed down a lot. I can go.""

"There's no timetable yet on when Ravens running back Danny Woodhead will return to practice. Woodhead is an IR designated for return candidate who would be eligible to begin practicing again at the end of October. "[With] Danny, that evaluation goes on," coach John Harbaugh said. "It'll be soon; he becomes eligible here shortly.""

"Ravens nickel-back Maurice Canady has a chance to return to practice next week. Canady (knee) is an IR designated for return candidate who could play after Week 8. "Maurice is in the ballpark for that," coach John Harbaugh said. "He's been seeing the doctors, he's been rehabbing hard. We'll just have to see where we're at starting next week.""
-Jamison Hensley, ESPN
----

Honestly, I feel like the defense is pretty complete if Canady, Hill, BWilliams all come back on defense and Jimmy Smith stays healthy. Then, on offense, if production can keep up until Woodhead gets back and Skura comes back and keeps playing well, then I really like this team because Woodhead is gonna add a lot and those other players will have been used throughout the season and the offense will be in sync. I like how all of this looks right now, but they still have to win the games coming up the next several weeks to stay in contention while everyone heals up.

damn, gotta wait another week for Jaylen Hill to get in the game. I agree with Harbaugh, very slow healing hamstring.

I think Flacco is continuing to play a lot better. I saw him start to play harder in the Steelers game if it wasn't good, he played well against the Raiders and he's playing well today even if the offense sucks it hasn't been his fault.

1 fumble that was a first down and a laser throw for first down to perriman intercepted bc he dropped it. The turnovers weren't Flacco's fault, he's making good throws, lots of drops.

Fucking perfect throw for a touchdown to end the half and Chris Matthews stumbles while he's wide open and can't make the catch.

Flacco is playing good. He also hit Ben Watson right in the hands for a TD on this drive too.

Buck Allen looks small, but he's always pushing the pile somehow. It doesn't seem possible watching him, but it happens all the time.

But the Ravens playcallng is just too conservative. They keep running the ball like they have the lead, but they don't. I missed a few series in the 3rd quarter, but Flacco has been throwing well as far as I can see. No vertical plays and too many runs to try to get back in the game. Plus, the bears run defense is really good and we're missing an o-lineman, I don't understand the gameplan to not attack downfield at all.

Another pick, this time returned for TD, dropped pass, again, that hit Chris Moore RIGHT in the chest.

Ravens 24-27 Bears
Season: 3-3

Already posted summaries of the game. Not good. I feel like they should have won this game without the dropped passes/turnovers on offense, but at the same time the game felt like they shouldn't have been in it late. Awful play-calling. IDK why Marty refuses to throw the ball on first or 2nd down. Way too conservative. You can't run the ball constantly if you don't have the lead.

@iwhoopedbatman I feel like this was one of the dumbest games I've ever seen. Like, the offense was just so awful, the playcalling was so bad, it didn't fit the situation at all, and then, when things worked, there were drops that led directly to INTs twice (one for a TD) and a fumble in the redzone that would have been a first down.

IDK what to make of the game, because I feel like no matter what the numbers say, Flacco played well, but no one could catch the ball and there were no explosive plays. IDK.

Last edited:
How the hell did they lose to a rebuilding Bears team with a rookie QB at home?

Not a good sign for your Ravens.

How the hell did they lose to a rebuilding Bears team with a rookie QB at home?

Not a good sign for your Ravens.

:eek:

dropped passes that led to turnovers twice, fumble in the redzone, terrible play-calling the entire game, just overall awful performance. Couldn't stop the run either.

Last edited:
:eek:

dropped passes that led to turnovers twice, fumble in the redzone, terrible play-calling the entire game, just overall awful performance. Couldn't stop the run either.

That's not good. Your 3 losses have been absolutely horrible so far.

That's not good. Your 3 losses have been absolutely horrible so far.

I know... the team has looked downright incompetent and dysfunctional and like one of the worst offenses I have literally ever seen in my life in those losses. I don't get it.

Marty said after the Oakland win that he needed to "revamp himself" after the Steelers/Jags losses -- I think he needs to go do that again this week before we play the vikings. Their defense is just as good, if not better. Offense has to be able to score.

Refocused: Chicago Bears 27, Baltimore Ravens 24
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM • OCT 15, 2017
GettyImages-861666754.jpg
BALTIMORE, MD - OCTOBER 15: Tight End Zach Miller #86 of the Chicago Bears celebrates after scoring a touchdown in the second quarter against the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium on October 15, 2017 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)
In rookie, second overall pick Mitchell Trubisky’s first career road start, the Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens battled to overtime in a thrilling early game matchup. Connor Barth kicked the game-winner late in the overtime period, as he both opened and closed the scoring on the day for the 27-24 Chicago victory.

Trubisky and the Bears opened up a late 11-point lead on the heels of a Dion Sims 27-yard touchdown pass from the former UNC quarterback but it was the return game that stole the show in the second half.

Bears S Adrian Amos recorded a 90-yard interception return for a touchdown while the Ravens got two returns of their own, from their special teams. RB Bobby Rainey ran back the ensuing kick from the Trubisky-Sims touchdown, 96 yards for a score and WR Michael Campanaro returned a punt 77 yards for a touchdownw tih just 1:37 left in the fourth quarter. A Joe Flacco to Nick Boyle 2-point conversion pushed the game to overtime before Barth finished the game off late in the extra frame with a 40-yard field goal and the win. With that, we give you our PFF exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

TOP 5 GRADES:
CB Kyle Fuller, 88.9 overall grade

DI Akiem Hicks, 85.4 overall grade

S Adrian Amos, 84.6 overall grade

CB Bryce Callahan, 84.5 overall grade

DI Mitch Unrein, 81.4 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
QB MITCHELL TRUBISKY, 73.6 OVERALL GRADE

Trubisky was extremely conservative throughout the game, as six of his 17 attempts were throw-aways, five of them coming on his first eight throws. He was also charged with two hits because of his extended plays and scrambling into pressure, but the Bears have to be pleased with the fact he attempted no turnover-worthy throws.

TES DION SIMS & ZACH MILLER, 37.7 & 40.5 RUN BLOCK GRADES
Sims and Miller each contributed a touchdown through the air, but both had significant struggles blocking Baltimore’s edge players in the run game. Sims posted a run blocking grade of just 37.7, while Miller wasn’t much better at 40.5. Considering their issues outside, its no surprise to find out that Chicago backs posted just 38 yards on 18 edge runs while actually earning 46 yards after contact on those carries.

CB KYLE FULLER, 88.9 OVERALL GRADE
Fuller had a magnificent game as he was targeted 15 times and yielded five receptions for 45 yards, 32 of which came after contact. It was Fuller’s ability to contend and break up passes thrown to his coverage which helped Chicago’s defense control get Baltimore’s offense off the field. Fuller’s pass deflection led to the aforementioned Amos’ interception return for a touchdown as well.

DI AKIEM HICKS, 85.4 OVERALL GRADE
Hicks had two stops in run defense while having a sack and pressure rushing the passer. Hicks and Chicago’s pass-rushing ability to beat their blocker assigned to them forced Flacco to look for shorter passes to avoid the rush.

TOP 5 GRADES:
OT Ronnie Stanley, 87.5 overall grade

DI Michael Pierce, 82.7 overall grade

Edge Terrell Suggs, 78.0 overall grade

LB C.J. Mosley, 75.7 overall grade

CB Brandon Carr, 75.2 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
QB JOE FLACCO, 61.8 OVERALL GRADE

Flacco finished 24-of-41 with two drops and two interceptions. Neither of those interceptions were of his error as one a receiver error and the other came via a deflection off of a pass defense by Kyle Fuller. Flacco was 0-for-3 on passes of 20 yards or more and did not complete a pass using play action.

OT RONNIE STANLEY, 87.5 OVERALL GRADE
Stanley allowed only one pressure on 45 snaps protecting the quarterback. He also did a nice job run blocking for the Ravens as evidenced by his 82.6 run block grade. Offensively the Ravens struggled to move the ball consistently and although they had some nice runs they just could not find rhythm through most of the game.

DI MICHAEL PIERCE, 82.7 OVERALL GRADE
Pierce was his usual dominant self inside, posting a run defense grade of 84.1. He posted six total run stops on the day, and also added a quarterback hurry on just 12 pass-rush snaps.

EDGE TERRELL SUGGS, 78.0 OVERALL GRADE
Suggs was one of the chief reasons that Chicago tight ends struggled so much on run blocks, as he posted a game-high 89.7 run defense grade. He was also effective on the pass-rush, as he racked up a sack and four total pressures.

PFF GAME BALL: KYLE FULLER, CB
Kyle-Fuller-Game-Ball-RS17WK06.png

*Grades are subject to change upon review
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-27-baltimore-ravens-24

If you didn't watch the game, @iwhoopedbatman I felt like this sequence of plays killed the game for us, IMO:

---

"Running back Alex Collinsgenerated some spark with a 30-yard carry in the second quarter, but tight end Maxx Williamsquickly negated that. At the end of what would have been a first-down catch, with the Ravens in scoring range, Williams was stripped of the ball and the Bears recovered.

On the very next drive, it was the interception that bounced off Perriman’s hands, despite Flacco delivering a perfect pass down the right sideline. Perriman (concussion) left the game for good after taking a knee to the head during the interception.

Two drives that could have delivered points instead ended with turnovers.

On the Ravens’ next drive, wide receiver Michael Campanaro, who took on a larger role in the absence of Maclin and Perriman, dropped what would have been a first-down catch over the middle, resulting in a three-and-out.

The Ravens strung together one of their best drives of the game on the following possession, but it fizzled at the 9-yard line when wide receiver Chris Matthews seemed to stumble in the back of the end zone as Flacco tried to hit him on the run.

The most brutal mistake was committed by Moore. With the Ravens trailing by four points in the fourth quarter, Baltimore’s offense was finally on the move. Flacco threw a deep pass to Moore, but it bounced off his shoulder pads and was intercepted by Bears safety Adrian Amos, who weaved back down the field for a 90-yard touchdown to give Chicago a 24-13 lead.

“I should have caught that,” Moore said. “As a receiver, I have to makethose plays for Joe. That’s on me.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-Returns/f7389f30-d255-466d-a98a-8f8cba8898bf
---

In the games that we won, we had a sequence of plays that gave us the lead that we wanted to hold onto with our run game and this would have been it, these were all scoring drives that were negated and turned into points for the other team. Now, the play-calling didn't necessarily adjust to this fact (that they didn't score), so it was frustrating, but I felt like these drives all should have been points for us and that Flacco put the ball on the money for each of them.

All of these plays were just brutal.

I need to see more about injuries this week, but even if we play the exact same players next week as we did this week... I'm expecting the Ravens to beat the Vikings even though the Vikings have a better offense AND defense than the Bears.

Somehow, the worst 2 graded players on the defense are the alleged 'superstar safety combo'

Eric Weddle - 45.2
Tony Jefferson - 46.3

Judon has been playing a lot better, Brandon Williams will be back sooner or later, the d-line has been playing decent without him, and the corners are playing well.

Honestly, the game was lost on dropped passes. Marty didn't adjust the play-calling to try to score more points, which was dumb as fuck, but if even 2 out of 5 of those crucial catches are made, the game is likely won in regulation by the Ravens.

The biggest sign for me was how good Flacco looked. Eventually, someone will catch the ball. Hopefully they figure out how to use Tony Jefferson and Jaylen Hill starts playing fucking ASAP.

^^hmm.. not sure if this is a tongue-in-cheek remark or what, but it doesn't seem that unreasonable bc many players are due to come back.

Back